Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

charliesome
Oct 21, 2010
This loving stack overflow thread:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8339192

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charliesome
Oct 21, 2010
Ugh, so I was playing Super Meat Boy today and it segfaulted. I had a look at the stack trace (hey I'm a programmer, that poo poo's interesting!) and I noticed a couple of mysql_* functions in the stack trace.

I was a little amused, so I posted about it on Twitter. The official super meat boy account replied:

I tweeted back saying "I hope that's a local database..." (ok so let's ignore the fact that it'd be strange for a game to have a full on MySQL installation as a dependency. They responded with just a simple "why?". Alarm bells start ringing around this time.

Anyhow I was pretty curious so I fired up gdb and set a breakpoint on 'mysql_real_connect' and dumped out the parameters:

(yes, those are the MySQL host, username and password that I've redacted there)

I tried logging in with those credentials and holy gently caress it worked:

I replied to them with a screenshot of the Sequel Pro window but they remained indifferent - even pulling the authority I-know-what-I'm-doing card. Yeah right.

Anyhow that escalated to emails and they still didn't give a flying gently caress. (read in reverse order)

"You are not showing me anything I don't already know." -- what the gently caress? This stubborn fellow knows that his MySQL database is open to the world and he doesn't care? Oh well, if he doesn't care then I don't care.

It's poo poo like this that makes me laugh/cry all the time.

charliesome
Oct 21, 2010

Zamujasa posted:

...unless you have INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE, in which case, well.

yeah insert and update works, delete doesn't though