Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
code:
Thread Executor { get; set; }

public string Interpret(string js)
{
    object result;
    lock(Thread.CurrentThread)
    {
          this.Executor = Thread.CurrentThread;
          result = SomeotherLibrary.Evaluate(js)
    }

}
:shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

Beef posted:

Wait, why would he even want to switch ... to the current running thread? What?

The script interpreter will run away if an infinite loop happens. To kill the thread (elsewhere) Abort() on Executor is called. He wanted to make sure the thread executing the Interpret method was the right thread to kill.

Yup.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

Otto Skorzeny posted:

Jeff Atwood has been publicly struggling with passwords for several years, and with pontificating on subjects of which he has little understanding for his tenure as a blogger

Dog barks, news at 11

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

Ender.uNF posted:

Apparently all database columns are varchar too.

Wait, all textual columns are varchar, or all columns are varchar?

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
:siren: Jeff Atwood strikes again! :siren:

El Jefe posted:

The upside is that once you enable [two-factor authenitcation for GMail], your email becomes extremely secure, to the point that you can (and I regularly do) email yourself highly sensitive data like passwords and logins to other sites you visit so you can easily retrieve them later.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
I'm building an iOS app using Objective-J, PhoneGap and an iOS theming kit.

I'm a horror.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
Truth be told, the runtime Objective-J compiler doesn't like being paired with anything but Cappuccino. It's more of a "hey, can this be done?" experiment than anything going into production. But it can be done! :downs:

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

Isilkor posted:

This is why you write comments, gentlemen.

Code without comments compiles faster :shepface:

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

Suspicious Dish posted:

Huh. When I looked at it a while ago, it was just a very hacky parser.

Yeah the first version is pretty drat slow. Objective-J 2.0 is in the works according to this blog post. I have to admit for some reason Obj-C rubs me the wrong way but Obj-J doesn't.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
Oh my.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
I gotta say, I like it. Maybe my extended use of JavaScript has corrupted me.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
That's another crappy thing about python: no switch-case equivalent. I like syntactic purity as much as the next guy, but you'll also have to yield to pragmatism at some point for the sake of readability and maintainability.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
Python imports and environments are two other things that grind my gears.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

astr0man posted:

Clearly the worst part of that is that he's using camelCase in Python.

Sure it's not idiomatic python, but it's fine as long as you stick the convention throughout the source, no?

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
Hoon sounds a lot like Kyoon. Coincidence??? :tinfoil:

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

Gazpacho posted:

Startup-hopper found.

You make it sound like a bad thing.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
Welp, I just lost my ~startup~ job 10 minutes ago because I couldn't fix the shittiest iOS codebase made by Pakistani coders.

Anyone know of a good jobs site?

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

pseudorandom name posted:

Hey, he did a pretty good job for the two weeks that were allotted to the project.

The rule is prototypes always get promoted to production.

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
Sheeple wake up, Node has non-blocking i/o!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011

I think I'm going to unironically try building this as a gag.