Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Gavok posted:

I just caught up on Saga and I am disgusted that none of you beat me to this.

God drat. If you find yourself having a lovely day and in need of a laugh there are a lot worse ideas then clicking that little question mark beneath Gavok's name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Matlock posted:

Heh heh, the Justice League don't like it when he talks about his bonin, do they?

I love the portrait of Hawkman and his B-| face

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Can someone more skilled than me replace the "no more mutants!" scene from house of m with "no more fedoras!"?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Man, I SO wish the "I ain't wearin' no gunny sack" conversation fit into X-Factor v2 #84 where Doc Samson is interviewing Quicksilver. I'm going to find something that fits that scene or a scene that fits that Achewood.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

God drat. If you find yourself having a lovely day and in need of a laugh there are a lot worse ideas then clicking that little question mark beneath Gavok's name.

I did that which led me to this post.

Gavok posted:

Somebody had to do something with this scene.

Why is the purple haired girl drooling?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
They all are. A failsafe device in a giant bullet that's been shot at the earth has hypnotized them into all thinking they've stopped it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Len posted:

Why is the purple haired girl drooling?

A magic space bullet is causing them to live out a heroic fantasy while standing still like dummies.

E: CURSE YOUR HIDE, WOODCHUCK! LURDIAK SHALL HAVE HIS REVENGE!!! :doom:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Can I get some more context there?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The X-Men are on another planet called Breakworld. They decide to destroy Earth because of some prophecy. They fire the missle, but to prevent anyone on Earth from trying to stop it, they psychically trick everyone gathered to stop it. They put them each into their own world where they think they have fixed it. Mr Fantastic thinks he sent it into the Negative Zone. Storm thinks she used cosmic winds or something. Spider-Man thinks he stopped it by casting webs all over NYC to catch it. He quickly realizes he wouldn't be able to do this, and snaps out of it.

Hell, less talk, more pictures. Source is Giant Sized Astonishing X-Men:

Netflix also has the whole Astonishing X-Men run on Netflix, it's worth watching, and ends with this Giant Sized issue (like Will Wheaton's run did).

IUG fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 25, 2013

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

(like Will Wheaton's run did).
I'm impressed that you got two things wrong with only five words.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

redbackground posted:

I thought he was in space with a Space-pedo?

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
I like to think that imagining himself saving the world with a goofy grin on his face is just Sentry's default state.

Is that Dust looking off in the other direction in the very top right of the panel with everybody? I see a few other young X-men from the "relegated to crowd shots" tier there.

Kellsterik fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 25, 2013

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

IUG posted:

Hell, less talk, more pictures. Source is Giant Sized Astonishing X-Men:

The best part is, this totally fits in the thread because it provides its own ruining moment.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

redbackground posted:

Joss Whedon. I'll turn in my copies of Firefly then. (I couldn't remember his name and only Googled his last name. I knew he was someone that sci-fi people love, and didn't really look that hard when I got a search result. I've never even watched Star Trek.)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Do you have the part where Spidey is slapping the poo poo out of Dr. Strange, trying to get him to wake up?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Better that that!

This isn't mine, I just saved it from an older version of this thread because every time I see it I die laughing.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jul 25, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Dammit, why'd you have to go and spoil the ending of Avengers 3 like that?

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.

I'm so goddamn sorry.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Oh God that's not drool anymore.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God those two last panels are amazing :allears:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Now that's the most realistic depiction of Doom I've seen in years.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I got the idea from That Ignorant Sap's excellent edit, but if this is terrible then I'm entirely to blame.

Reed is still really sensitive about that whole cosmic rays thing, I guess. :shrug:

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Mike From Nowhere posted:

I'm so goddamn sorry.
Holy poo poo. Generally, I think sex jokes are cheap but this one is perfect.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Found the original image on Google, couldn't resist:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

You should've resisted.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So we all saw the link to the scene where Mr. Fantastic talks to a man dying of cancer, right? It's over in the Inspiring Moments thread.

If you didn't see it, here is a link to it.

http://imgur.com/gallery/tV19B

Touching, inspiring, one that shows how one man's life can cause us to completely re-evaluate how we look at the world and our philosophies. So naturally I had to try and ruin it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

This is a year and a half past being topical, but I was rereading Seven Soldiers and felt inspired.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Gavok posted:

This is a year and a half past being topical, but I was rereading Seven Soldiers and felt inspired.

Jesus Christ, this is brilliant. I can't stop laughing.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Hahahah, that's beautiful.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't know if not existing is better or worse than being written by Lobdell.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

This was probably funnier in the context of the conversation I was having. Or not.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Vishass posted:

This was probably funnier in the context of the conversation I was having. Or not.

Well, I laughed.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

25% of Louisiana Republicans blame Obama for crippling Barbara Gordon.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Wait, what the gently caress? Why is batman laughing in that page? Batman never laughs.

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.

Ignite Memories posted:

Wait, what the gently caress? Why is batman laughing in that page? Batman never laughs.

He doesn't laugh, he doesn't sit. What does the Batman do?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Sadsack posted:

He catches villains before they can put their dastardly plots into motion and hurt innocent people!

Oh, no, wait, he doesn't do that either.

Huh.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Fuego Fish posted:

He catches villains before they can put their dastardly plots into motion and hurt innocent people!

Oh, no, wait, he doesn't do that either.

Huh.

He is a mentally ill person who beats up other mentally ill people.

He accomplishes that fairly regularly.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Ignite Memories posted:

Says you :colbert:

Source: Unknown 70's Batman comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Sadsack posted:

He also doesn't eat nachos.

• Locked thread