Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Someone say blue?

I am too tired; I thought that said "Protect the Cheesecake" :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Crossposting from the new car thread

I saw the new M5 Touring in the wild in Vegas!

Bunch of calibration equipment in the trunk.

I also asked them to bring the M3 Touring here lmao.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Sab669 posted:

Speaking of blues and silvers,

I've never seen Blue Steel Steel Blue until finding this 530i on C&B:

I usually don't like those sorts of colors, but that looks really nice there.

My E39 has the Blue-Water Metallic colour, which seems to be the lighter version of that. Look very silvery until you put it next to an actual silver car. It fits the E39.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

TheBacon posted:

neat

hopefully it's not too much like the M2 grille which is also awful

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

TheBacon posted:

Doing gods work, thank you for your service

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Must post blue.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

neat

hopefully it's not too much like the M2 grille which is also awful

It looks to be very much like the m2 grill

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

TheBacon posted:

:patriot:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

MrOnBicycle posted:

My E39 has the Blue-Water Metallic colour, which seems to be the lighter version of that. Look very silvery until you put it next to an actual silver car. It fits the E39.

Mines the darker blue

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Well thread, I replaced my car.

With... The same thing. Okay, I gave up the heated steering wheel and headlight washers for 19s and adaptive suspension. But it's otherwise the same car with 30k fewer miles.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Your power bulge.. it's not there??

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
roof looks a bit short, too.....

hrmmm.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Is blue though, do approve

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Ether Frenzy posted:

Your power bulge.. it's not there??

They don't offer an M Gran Coupe. :(

I was toying with the M440xi GC, but I realized I'm not that keen on owning a B58 with a hybrid motor tacked on out of warranty, at least, not being on the early adopter side of it.

19" RFTs and the suspension on sport was a bit of a rough drive home through Philly last night. It really doesn't help that PA roads are absolute poo poo right now, but that was... jarring.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

I just had the local shop do the oil pan gasket on the E36, which had been leaking like the Exxon Valdez. I came out this morning and found this.

and this.

I politely wrote the shop and asked if there is some expected seepage from a new oil pan gasket or if it takes a moment to set up. (It doesn't). I'll clean it up and run it again later this week and see if the leakage continues.

:suicide:

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
My buddy brought his e46 over today for me to look at. It left oil on my floor as god intended.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
In the process of redoing my customizations, I put the driver's glovebox back in:

This meant the off button for the blind spot warning had to go somewhere, so once again, VHB taped to the inside of the steering column:

You can still reach it if you want to turn it off, but I'm not sure why you'd do that outside of a track? Or at all? Anyway it's still there if needed.

The dealer logo was like a vinyl sticker of just the letters, and an adhesive bandage removal wipe from the kiddo's medicine cabinet loosened that right up, pretty happy it came off without needed compound or polish.

Also went through and turned off the startup warnings etc. While I had the light switch out I trimmed the tabs for rear fog lights, I'll have to program that in at some point soon. This all started because I put the rear seat cover back in and installed the new car seats.

My to do list may end up swapping the wheels between the F30 and the F36. 19s with runflats really are brutal, we'll see if they survive day to day. At least I have a set of square 18s with all seasons in the shed I can just chuck on for winter.

This one clearly got some sort of update at the dealer, I checked it with MHD and the DME needs a bench unlock, the last one was just ready to go. Kind of interesting. I did proactively replace the coolant expansion tank cap, since that was my issue on the prior car.

Not bad for two days.

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
I been doing battle on deferred stuff on the e91 to get it ready to leave. e61 gets here early next week!

Jackie the Mick
Nov 10, 2003
Don' say we neva did nuthin fah yuz.
My 2016 M235i (non nav) idrive keeps randomly fuzzing out and saying "no signal" on the screen. Then it goes blank until I turn the car off completely for a few minutes. When I start it up again, it works like there was never a problem. Anyone know what the gently caress is going on?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Anyone ordered a replacement e9x cupholder off eBay? Does it fit correctly and match the interior?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
has anyone here replaced a window regulator on an e39 or similar age vehicle? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth paying someone else to do

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Jackie the Mick posted:

My 2016 M235i (non nav) idrive keeps randomly fuzzing out and saying "no signal" on the screen. Then it goes blank until I turn the car off completely for a few minutes. When I start it up again, it works like there was never a problem. Anyone know what the gently caress is going on?

Did you just post this on f30post? I'd start by checking loose connectors to the screen, probably more likely to be that vs a dead screen. You can find replacement screens on ebay for ~$200 if you think that might be the issue.

Jackie the Mick
Nov 10, 2003
Don' say we neva did nuthin fah yuz.

Alarbus posted:

Did you just post this on f30post? I'd start by checking loose connectors to the screen, probably more likely to be that vs a dead screen. You can find replacement screens on ebay for ~$200 if you think that might be the issue.

No, I've tried searching bmw forums, but most of the posts end with "so I took it to the dealer and they did something", but I was hoping that someone else here had the same experience and could offer an actual real world solution. It's not behaving like its the screen, more like it's something with the idrive/head unit. I only say that because the stereo cuts out and I get a "no signal" on the screen before it goes totally dark. I upgraded the firmware, but that didn't seem to fix the issue. I'll start checking connectors, like you said. Maybe that's what's going on.

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

You need to pull the codes and see if there's a clue in there.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Jackie the Mick posted:

No, I've tried searching bmw forums, but most of the posts end with "so I took it to the dealer and they did something", but I was hoping that someone else here had the same experience and could offer an actual real world solution. It's not behaving like its the screen, more like it's something with the idrive/head unit. I only say that because the stereo cuts out and I get a "no signal" on the screen before it goes totally dark. I upgraded the firmware, but that didn't seem to fix the issue. I'll start checking connectors, like you said. Maybe that's what's going on.

This is the post I was thinking of. I think. https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2097982

But SlapActionJackson is right, you should pull the codes and see what's erroring out.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

the milk machine posted:

has anyone here replaced a window regulator on an e39 or similar age vehicle? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth paying someone else to do

I did that job 5+ times on various E46's and only the first time took like 3 hrs........however, the youtube vids are making it seem more complicated on the E39. :shrug:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Keyser_Soze posted:

I did that job 5+ times on various E46's and only the first time took like 3 hrs........however, the youtube vids are making it seem more complicated on the E39. :shrug:

yeah, it seems really fiddly and a huge pain in the rear end so I'm leaning towards paying a mechanic to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Anyone ordered a replacement e9x cupholder off eBay? Does it fit correctly and match the interior?

I've had good luck with amazon cupholders and ebay cupholders. What color do you need?