Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

VacaGrande posted:

I can't overstate this effect - the difference from driving a beige Maxima to my Bimmer is night and day. Nobody lets me into traffic anymore and it seems like more people speed up to block me out of a space in traffic. People just assume you're a jackass and treat you as such.
Yeah, a guy next door to one on my friends bitched at me for parking in "his" space on the street (it wasn't) when I visited the instant I turned up in a BM. He never even noticed when I'd been in a Ford for the past six months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Willander posted:

Is it possible to get these rims for an E30 convertible?
Or are they 5-nut only?

Where would I buy them and what would they cost?
There have been copies made in E30 fitment, I've seen them, but God knows where you'd get them from, or what you'd have to pay. If you can find one of the companies that makes the copies, they'd probably be able to get some blank wheels drilled to suit at extra cost.

You could look at the hub pattern adaptor-spacers made by people like H&R, although they always strike me as a bit of a bodge compared to doing a proper hub swap (but then, they cost way less).

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

thealphabetsez posted:

More or less what I was trying to get at. Because of the second, third brake light, it was not a factory installed option -- maybe done at the dealership. The wing is quite sought after in anycase, and I personally find it a nice touch to the lines on the E36.
Except for the dozens I see with cheapo aftermarket ones that sag in the middle and look all :smith:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

two_beer_bishes posted:

The hardest part of this will be tracing the wiring for all the sensors on the thermostat housing (11 wires total), but I really don't think it'll be that bad. I just need some new connectors and I'll be set!
It really isn't that hard. Cable tie the loom to a board or something, match wire at one melty end to wire at other melty end, splice in new cabling, done.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Adnuo posted:

The other day the vision of a poster with E30 through E90 M3's lined up diagonally popped into my head.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Bonus points if it's all M cars lined up all.
Ask and ye shall receive, courtesy of EVO November 2007:

Click here for the full 592x767 image.

Can I post a link to a .pdf of the scanned article, or is that :filez:?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Arwox posted:

What makes you say that? Is it the fact that the rigid suspension tends to vibrate things apart more? or is the car in general just needier than a non M bmw?

Ive been wondering if i made a mistake buying the e36 m3 over an e46 330i because of our rough roads in northeast ohio. Ive had no problems so far but ive had to change some of the routes i take to avoid bumpy streets. I really like the feel of the road but i almost cry when i hit that rare (or not so rare) chuck hole that i cant avoid. Is ohio going to vibrate my car apart, should i get a new softer suspension, or should i look at a newer regular 3.
It certainly could be worth trying an E46 330i if the ride's getting to you - besides, aren't US E36s neutered as hell, to the point that a 330i is on a par with them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

BlackMK4 posted:

I'll give them a call now - unfortunately the 335D is pretty different intake wise and much more difficult to clean.
edit: $2300.
:staredog: