Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BagHutch
Aug 18, 2007

3363 posted:

gently caress yes, there may be something wrong with me but I find four-cylinder BMWs to be tremendously interesting. Not just the S14 either:

I'm the same I love BMW's with high performance 4 cylinders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BagHutch
Aug 18, 2007

Krakkles posted:

As cool as that initially sounds, think about this:

That blog is claiming that it's making (at best) 260hp with twin turbos at 11,000RPM.

Potential problems:

- twin turbos on a four cylinder? Why?
- 260hp over 11,000RPM? That works out to what, 140lb-ft of torque?
- maintenance schedule akin to a bike, probably

There is a guy on 1addicts (1series forum) who posts as scott26 and posts on other BMW forums just as Scott or other combinations there of. But he seems to work for BMW by going on forums and dropping hints about BMW's future plans. He has a very good history of being correct and what he is saying now is right in line with the auto blog article accept he hasn't said anything about going to 11.

BagHutch
Aug 18, 2007

Sigma X posted:

Here's a fixed one, which someone here on the forums photoshopped. It's amazing how much difference removing that stupid droop makes.

Wow I actually like the car with the droop and never thought about it not being there. But after seeing that I actually like the real car less than before.