Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Cojawfee posted:

I guess you can ask him what kind of bike or snow board he puts on that rack. If he says none, you'll have an idea that he's more of a bro than a car guy.

Going by the stickers on the wind deflector, i'd say the roof racks are for looks and not for use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

blk posted:

I've heard of doing it with a hair dryer and putty knife - no go? I wonder how much weight it adds to the car here.

I always did it with a blowtorch and a striking scraper.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

SpaceRangerJoe posted:

Heard from the machine shop that has my E36 head. They found a leak during the pressure test. Waiting to hear from the guy that actually did the work if it's something they can fix, or if I need to starting looking for a new one.

On the plus side, I think I'm running out of things that can go wrong with this car. Someday I'll actually get to drive it. Maybe...

From speaking to my local machine shop BMW straight sixes are bad for cracking cooling passages in heads, and they (usually) can't be fixed. Although i have heard of them getting some ceramic coating in the cooling passages to seal them up.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Europe?

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

BlackMK4 posted:

Got any more pictures of the intake setup there? Looks interesting.

It's missing the side of the airbox with the intake piping, it's a CSL airbox.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Team140 posted:

So, I did a thing. I guess this means I can participate in this thread now.

2002 330ci 5 speed. From what the seller has told me (I haven't confirmed 100% yet), it has the CSL front bumper (new cf canards in the trunk), coilovers, new vanos seals, valve cover gaskets, etc, new tires, M alcantara wheel, poly bushings, stainless exhaust, etc, etc.

Drove it about an hour and a half home last night and a few errands today. It's a blast. Did get a few codes - bank 1&2 lean - which is probably an intake leak, but C3101, C3400, and C3174 popped up that I have no idea what they are.

Plans are to raise the coilovers about an inch maybe two and just drive it.

I'm pretty sure CSL bumpers (like M3 bumpers) are too wide for a non-M3 as they have flared front wheel arches.

Cool car though!

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Bape Culture posted:

You can't fit a real bumper on a non m car anyway.
Also you can't even fit it to the facelift m3 with its original carbon bumper bars I don't think. Oh and they're about £4000 :newlol:

Friend of mine bought a CSL shell, stolen recovered that'd had the engine and gearbox pinched. He put a tuned S54 in with CSL airbox etc (But not an actual CSL engine.) and was adamant he'd get a CSL bumper to go on it too, because "It's actually a real CSL!".

Then he called the dealer and got a price for one.

He put a normal M3 bumper on it.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!
And i thought the X7's angry rabbit look was bad. Yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Keyser_Soze posted:

The most hilarious part is after looking at the 4 concept that X7 looks modest and restrained. I am 100% sure that was their evil plan all along to normalize the X5/X7/7 series mega-grillz.

I imagine the real 4 will be closer to that X7. The concept doesn't have a space for a front plate, so it should downsize the hideous grille a bit.