Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

BmwM3AF posted:

Haha, they're not installed yet, just aside my car =)

Thats whats happening tommarow, very early. Fender rolling, nice tuck, and alignment.

And with my coils raised it fits nicely with 1 rider,so stock id imagine wouldnt be far... but very minor rolling is required to lower my coils a bit for nice tuckage :)

I think it'll look good. Post some shots when that work's all done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

shadow diver posted:

So I want to get an E46 M3, but my girlfriend hates BMW and loves Audi. I guess it's like a German version of the Dodge/Ford/Chevy thing, whatever. So I'm willing to at least look into some other cars. Do Audi or Porsche offer anything similar to an E46 M3 in the same price range?

Get the E46 M3 anyway because it's an amazing machine and if your girlfriend's not paying for it, what's it to her?

If you're unable to relocate your sack, look at S4's, but you'll only find sedans. If you want a fast Audi coupe you're looking at S5's and those are far pricier than a used E46.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Second picture is great. Sweet car!

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I don't work at a car wash, or own a BMW, but I've noticed the "incredibly dirty front wheels" phenomenon on BMWs for a while now. Never thought to post about it.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

gigButt posted:

What? Why? You can replace the pads with performance ones. There is no way that would void a warranty.

Yeah. You can absolutely change your brake pads. Unless you try to warranty your brake rotors for early wear or something. Basically unless you have a problem that can be tied to your performance brake pads, they can't void/deny your warranty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Terminally Pretty posted:

Does anyone know of a good detailer (Southeast Pennsylvania, Maryland, WV) who can correct swirlmarks, oxidzation and light scratches - my 2005 645ci's Sapphire Black paint has seen better days and I want to correct it before it gets worse.. I want that little bastard of a car to look brand new :)

You may wanna wait until spring, unless it has a garage to live in. Winter's not over, yet...

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I keep thinking VW Golf/Rabbit when I see the back view, thanks to the skinny tires. It needs bigger wheels. The narrow wheels make it look like one of those tiny Chinese 2 seater econocars.

I mean there are uglier cars on the road than this thing, and lots of them, but it's not really an attractive vehicle.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Feces Starship posted:

"BMW tax" - what does refer to?

Anything that breaks on a BMW is going to cost more (parts and/or labor) to repair than a non-BMW, basically.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

My brother in law is selling his sweet-rear end E30. I'd love if a goon got it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649&item=251003407350&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT#ht_1612wt_1165

(sigtrap, if this isn't kosher, I'm sorry and will edit it out/probably be probated)

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

You probably should sue that dealer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

TIGER HOODZ posted:

Goons do I get a 2011 X5 or a 2011 Grand Cherokee? They are both similar in price in my area. I need (read: want) a SUV because kids will be in my life soon. I have a 2011 3 series and I love it, but I've heard Bad Things about X5s that may or may not be unfounded, like that they don't stand the test of time like the sedans do. Please educate me about X5s TIA.

I have a 2012 Grand Cherokee, my wife a 2012, both V6. We have had very minor issues with either truck, and all issues have been covered under warranty or recall. We're both happy and without complaints on the vehicles.

My coworker bought a 2011 X5 last year, after I explained to her the perils of owning an out-of-warranty modern BMW. She didn't listen, and now I get to hear about every two weeks about the most recent heinously expensive repairs being done to her never-running X5.

So - anecdotal post all the way, but I'd go with the Grand. The WK2 is a solid vehicle.