Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

I'm trying to convince my friend to save his money when it comes to buying a car. He's looking at spending around $30K on a new Nissan, which I don't feel is a bad purchase, but I do feel that he's too young to get in to that kind of debt, despite his salary and lack of current debt.

I'd like to see him get a used car.

His criteria:
-Large in front and in the back in terms of leg room. All of us (except me - 6'1", 175 pounds) are pretty big guys
-Nice looks (I think we can check that one off)
-He really likes the auto/manual shifters in Nissans these days

Is there going to be a BMW out there for him that would save him some money? Are high mileage BMW's super-reliable? Would he be happy with it if he's a very-little-maintenance sort of guy?

I hope this is the right thread to ask in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU