Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

My E34 had the recirculating ball steering and it was definitely a lil floaty but not terrible. Rack and pinion is just better tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

CC2s own bones where I'm at the in PNW. Good enough in all-around wintry conditions, good enough to get up skiing and not be worried about getting home.

If it's really bad enough I simply just stay home. The icy hills and other drivers don't care what you drive, the only winning move is not to play. And the highways to the ski areas will be closed anyway. But that's only a few days a year here, if that.

If you're still going to swamp summers and winters, then maybe still go with a real winter tire, but for a true four season tire the CC2s are pretty hard to beat.

Guinness fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 2, 2023

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

It’s when a BMW stops leaking that you need to worry

Leaking means it still has oil in it

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Popete posted:

Unless the 330ci is widely more difficult I would think a shop could bang that out in under an hour easy and I don't understand why they charged you diagnostic time.

It’s not, it’s an easy job done with basic hand tools and no jacks or lifts or fancy stuff required. Most annoying part is removing the cabin air filter housing stuff but that’s still trivial difficulty it just adds a few more minutes.

I’m all for paying a good shop to do good work when you are unable or don’t want to do the job yourself, but plugs and coils on an e46/m54 is about as easy as they come, it’s a benefit of being an inline six. I know shops got to make a margin and all but you’re getting absolutely hosed on this one.

Guinness fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 6, 2023

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3goXnYlG/1992-bmw-m5-touring

E34 M5 Wagon on Cars and Bids :captainpop:

If I were just a little bit less responsible... holy poo poo I want it. I even like the blue leather.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

hell yeah

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

B58 swap when

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Sad to lose a member of the 330Ci gang but sweet upgrade, excellent color choice :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

SlapActionJackson posted:

It's not just you. I got a Pilkington replacement windshield last summer and it's already got half a dozen stars and a 6" crack. My E46 did fine with a Pilkington replacement, but on the F80 it looks like I'll be replacing again by year 2. gently caress. I guess I'll sack up for OE next time.

Ugh you're reminding me of when I replaced the windshield on my E46 a few years ago, and the shop put in not one but two horribly warped windshields from some brand I forget. Like horrible rippling right in front of your eyeballs it's incredible the shop didn't notice (or more likely, care). They fought me a bit the second time but the third one they switched to a PGW brand and it has been fine I guess. It might just be me but I swear the the laminate coating on it reflects slightly more of the dash than the original, a minor annoyance if I'm not just imagining it.

Should have gone OEM, gently caress me.