Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
16's are the biggest I would go on an E30 without other modifications as well. I think PartyAlarm put 17x10s with flares and it looked great - but he had flares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

I don't hate it, and from this angle it reminds me a lot of the Merc CLA's. Babby's first BMW. But at this point, just kill everything off and give us the i-2 series or whatever. Nothing will ever be quite like the pinnacle of modern BMW design which was the E30.

Fixed

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Nobody wanted my E30 318i when I sold it 2 years ago.

Makes me tempted to list mine for sale.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
a lot of automatic transmission cope in this thread

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
It’s ok if you want to justify your purchase of an automatic transmission

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I'll trade you an E30 for it.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
They’re more sought after since they for sure have the LSD, better seats, and potentially front valence and rear spoiler. Otherwise they’re a regular E30. All the ‘is are 2 door. You could get all those parts on non-is.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I don't really care that this is the nth time I've pulled the cluster out of one of my E30s tbh

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

the milk machine posted:

can you post the e30(s)? my first bmw was an 89 325is

Lightbulb Out posted:

gently caress marry kill

i dont have the e30 318i anymore or the nonpictured e36/5 but here are the latest e30 images

i desperately need new tires for the set of ronal LS i have for the 87 but i have been too lazy to do anything about it

i also need new tires on those kosei k1s

i also need new tires on the team dynamics wheels

maybe next year

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Big Taint posted:

post/username ccccombo

don’t worry this time it was the odometer gears

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
When I had three E30s it was kinda like having an E90 but now that I have two it’s more like an E60

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
they're kinda z3s or e30s underneath but have their own unique interior parts that all fall apart. my brother got one as his high school car, drove it for 20 years through multiple accidents, motor replacement, interior falling apart. i drove it from ca to ia, fixed a bunch of problems, fixed a bunch of interior problems with unique quality fixes or 3dp parts, sold it to a friend who drove it to ny and dailies it, re-lowered it, tracks it.

they're good fun

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Nodoze posted:

One of my friends has an e39 M5 and I don't think there has been a time he's owned it where it wasn't leaking oil from somewhere

it's called normal seepage

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Are the E90s like other BMWs where you have to get camber correction bushings or similar for fixing the rear camber when lowered?

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
i'll trade you two e30s thats like an e60

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Elite Taco posted:

let's see some pics

Lightbulb Out posted:

Lightbulb Out posted:

gently caress marry kill

i dont have the e30 318i anymore or the nonpictured e36/5 but here are the latest e30 images

i desperately need new tires for the set of ronal LS i have for the 87 but i have been too lazy to do anything about it

i also need new tires on those kosei k1s

i also need new tires on the team dynamics wheels

maybe next year

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

K918 posted:

hahaha thanks so much everybody. I spent entirely way too much time and money on this thing.

I NEVER post this car online so this is gonna be the most in-depth write-up I've ever done on it. Figures it ends up happening on SA.
I'll tell you all the details as long as you keep it a secret that under the hood it's actually an eta motor :suicide:

I have a 1987 BMW 325es. Kind of rare for an "e" to come with the "s" package.
Although it has the anemic 2.7 liter M20B27 with a redline of 5.5k. It still came with all the performance packages.
LSD, 5spd manual, sport seats, etc etc....

I purchased it about 4-5 years ago in North America. At time of purchase it had the hideous north american "diving board" bumpers. Pic related.

Then, tragically on the crap tires the previous owner had for it, I slide it backwards into a guardrail. Thus, began the body resto-journey I almost gave up on hundreds of times. Euro Bumpers were purchased shortly after.

At the body shop, it was discovered that the frame had been tweaked in probably two previous accidents the car had been in.
So frame bench a couple times, and lots of body work.
After the frame was straightened and body work on the rear completed, the car became an accident magnet and was hit several times after that. Seattle parking lots man....

Since I was basically full send at this point I decided to fill and primer all of the dents around the body. Including the big fat dent I put in the hood when I modeled on top of it. Tail lights were also painted with candy red and then clear coated on top of that. I like the all red look. But other than the paint, stock tail lights.

I pretty much knew that I was probably going to M-tech one it. So I bought the body kit from ClassicEuroParts, it's the same kit that you get from Garagistic, but it had the curved wheel-arch sideskirts i prefered to the straight one. I opted to go with the "M3 Evo Style" rear wing with the gurney flap.

Restored all the black trim with SEM Satin Black, for all you BMW guys out there, it's basically a perfect match to BMW oem black plastic

Then, I started the process vinyl wrapping this car. It was alot harder than I expected because of the awkward square holes in the bumper and the ridges on the body kit. I also hit the Roundel with pieces of vinyl wrap to color match the shade of blue to the car.My favorite little detail.

Seats were also reupholstered. Minor cushion foam repair. Leather purchased from lseat.com

Fin? I think? Idk LS swap when I guess.
It is going to get a cool vintage racing livery on it in a few days, I might update the post when I get that done.

Thanks for listening :) Happy to answer any questions abt the build. I didnt include any of the mechanical work I had to do to it because it was all pretty much back to stock.

Party Alarm posted:

That blue e30 is wonderful, but IMO you should M60 swap it! Spend more money! Make less power!

drat this rocks e30s kick rear end old bmws are the best

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I will simply drive two e30s it’s kind of like an e60 but better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
mine is red