Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"

Sockington posted:

with a bigger clutch system (Actually, using a V6 probe clutch for more holding strength/size).

Is there a hint at future plans buried in your musings? A V6 323 would be pretty drat sweet...

Also, I'm having fun watching as you make a big pile of parts out of two cars. I'm usually good on that front - it's when it comes time to actually return all of the parts to their respective places, that things go awry for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simkin
May 18, 2007

The engine sounds about as angry as your stickman driver looks. ;) Good job, and you're making me feel bad for not doing more to my project yard art.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

I don't think any 80s or 90s Japanese hatch could truly be described as pretty, but with the work you've done to it, it now looks ... tidy, I guess would be the best way to sum it up.

It looks like it's ready for some vinyl, beefy mud-flaps, a roll cage, and an inch thick patina of dust from a just-finished rally stage.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Sockington posted:

I had a 1/2" thick rubber mat I was going to lay down on the length of the table as my "work surface".

If you ever, ever plan on using any sort of welding or flame based equipment, you might want to reconsider covering your work surface in something that's readily flammable. OSB's pretty good, but it does suck up moisture like a :10bux: whore, whereas 3/4" plywood will take pretty much any abuse you can toss at it. As was mentioned before, if you have a work surface out of a 4x8 sheet of 3/4, doubled up, you're set. If you're really concerned about poo poo falling off, just tack a small rub-rail around the edges, maybe out of 1x2 or something.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

^^ Don't worry, it will quickly attain a patina of grease, oil, rust, and (probably) blood, which as we all know, is a much better form of finish for any particular part of a garage than paint is.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

You have one car with an unusable body, and another car with an engine that you need to do work to get to where you'd be happy with it... 2+2=?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

You sure you don't want to take up tofu delivery? I hear a warmed over 4AGZE works pretty good for that... :v:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Baby Hitler posted:

MILLI gram inches.

Goddamnit you guys. If you're going to use loving Imperial, then just stick with it, and leave metric to us. :doom:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

drat, that locktite is loving :black101: You just need to pair that up with psylocibe's crazy warning label, and you're off to the races.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

:wtc: I swear you just pick parts from the junkyard to make you feel better about the amount of rust present on your car.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Curse you Boat. I tried so hard to forget those guys, as every one of their projects is just such a fantastic time sink. You can't love cars and not just sit like some sort of zombie, drooling your way through each and every one of their rebuilds.

Also, pre-1986 Celica Rally car :flashfap:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Wait, is sock going for a double decker spoiler setup, xr2 style?

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Baby Hitler posted:

Too bad you don't get the 63/37 torque bias, the ball bearing turbocharger, or the sodium-filled valves.

Hahahaha. :downsowned:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Uh oh. Looks like Sock is planning on a little :a2m: visit from the OPP...

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Sockington posted:

You down with OPP? Ya, you know me.

The OPP doesn't like cars driving through their province on BC plates. Ask me how I know... :cop:

One of these days, Sock, we'll open up this thread to find that you've entirely junked the powertrain from both your 323 and mr2, have sectioned and welded them together, and are now powering your frankenbeast with a dozen JATO rockets.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Your pool looks like it's about ready for summer. :v:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

If only automotive wiring were as straightforward as household wiring. :emo:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

You better drat well post a thread when you start that hybrid. :colbert:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

I don't see you adding cylinders to your engine bay. :v:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Sock, you're supposed to port and polish the inside of your intake. :v:

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Just think how easy it would be to keep your paint looking nice, if you just clear coated that? Scuff/ding/dent? Just a quick sand and some more clear coat. I mean, if it worked well for the DMC, why wouldn't it work for you? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simkin
May 18, 2007

Just take a trick from carpenters and sand a little bit of the sheet metal into the filler. :hellyeah:

• Locked thread