Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«689 »
Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017
NRA shill who thinks homeless people would love to live in migrant border camps. Help me realize I am a bigoted piece of shit.

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I have it, it works fine. I have no experience with other dust collectors so I don't really know what if anything I'm missing out on. I remember the assembly being a bit frustrating; I think there were some very similarly-shaped bolts/screws, and some kind of fiddly bits that were tricky to hold in place while getting the connectors connected. But it's held up well through a few years of intermittent use.

Groovy. Anticipating making it a 2-stage and having it live on the 2-car side of the garage with the piping coming through the wall to my shop, where space is a premium. Getting tired of emptying the shop vac after each hour of routing/dadoing.

I should investigate how big a pain in the rear end it would be to make fireplace “logs” from the chips/dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Can you use an old engine block and hydraulic press to make large wood pellets?

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Hasselblad posted:

Speaking of dust collectors, has anyone experience with the harbor freight 2hp model?
https://www.harborfreight.com/2-hp-...ctor-97869.html

May soon pull the trigger on it, after I track down a discount coupon.

The only thing I can tell you about this one is it's a white labelled chinese import; I saw it show up under half a dozen different brands when I went looking recently. So it's absolute bargain basement, but with an advantage that you can just buy whichever version is cheaper near you.

Frequent Handies
Nov 26, 2006

I finally moved into a house with a garage and get to spread my tools out - for a long time I've been using a shop vac hooked up to a dust deputy and running a hose from that from tool to tool which works fine, but I also have a table saw connected to a 3/4" hp harbor freight single bag collector and it doesn't really seem to collect very well - when I'm ripping something there's plenty of saw dust getting thrown off the blade and it doesn't seem to pull much down through the plate. Do I need to look into getting some rubber to seal the cabinet up a bit more? Or look at a blade guard that has a collector in it?

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017
NRA shill who thinks homeless people would love to live in migrant border camps. Help me realize I am a bigoted piece of shit.

Jaded Burnout posted:

The only thing I can tell you about this one is it's a white labelled chinese import; I saw it show up under half a dozen different brands when I went looking recently. So it's absolute bargain basement, but with an advantage that you can just buy whichever version is cheaper near you.

Well, the reviews seem to indicate that it is identical to a comparable Jet and Shop Fox. Who manufactures those ones?

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Hasselblad posted:

Well, the reviews seem to indicate that it is identical to a comparable Jet and Shop Fox. Who manufactures those ones?

Not sure, I was looking in the UK, I just recognise the machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 28, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Shenzen Dust Collective Factory “Red October”

I have 2 of the HF ones. They’re fine but nothing stellar. Good for the money, IMO.

«689 »