Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

That is a handsome piece of woodworking right there. Very well executed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

NomNomNom posted:

Am engineer, have engineer brain, and an engineer square.

As an engineer, all you need is chair. Fancy squares not required.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Bizarro Buddha posted:

That's interesting, what is it about a frame saw that makes it easier to do rip cuts? Is it because you can hold it on either side and feel if your hands are not level with each other, compared to worrying about whether the handle of a saw is twisting as you move it back and forth?

I would think the frame helps keep the blade from wandering or flexing, keeping the cuts cleaner, and the wide clearance means you can saw down the middle of very wide beams of arbitrary length. I've never used one though.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

For real, I pour stuff like that into empty laundry detergent bottles and label them and eventually drop them off someplace during a no-fee event the city sponsors like one or twice a year.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

There's also the standard "protect your eyes from laser damage" warning that goes with laser cutters, homemade or not. Chances are the plans you followed are safer than some of the Temu level cheapo cutters but it's still something to be aware of.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Epitope posted:

I have a blend of beeswax and coconut oil that I made for my face, and I rubbed it on some wood today. Might try some iron on ski wax too, we've got some of the good stuff (PFAS)

I'd use mineral oil instead, pretty sure that doesn't spoil. You can add carnuba wax as well, but I'm pretty sure the 1:1 beeswax and mineral oil is the thread standard recommendation for food safe things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Is the Delta 36-725 still a surprisingly good table saw for the money? I sometimes think about getting one when I pretend I'm going to clean out my garage enough to have space for a table saw.