Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solaron
Sep 6, 2007

Whatever the reason you're on Mars, I'm glad you're there, and I wish I was with you.
How much about woodworking did you really know when you first started? I'm a total newbie who has just recently purchased an the basics of a shop but I know absolutely nothing about it aside from what I've read and watched on DIY.

I couldn't actually MAKE something to save my life, and I'm a little disheartened.

The chair looks great; how long did it take you to make?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaron
Sep 6, 2007

Whatever the reason you're on Mars, I'm glad you're there, and I wish I was with you.
Those look great! I'm going to start on my first real project here next week, I'll post it here when it's done.

Solaron
Sep 6, 2007

I'm in the same boat, I've been reading a lot.

I believe a jig is just a template to cut something else, whether it's dovetail joints, etc.

Solaron
Sep 6, 2007

So I'm confused a little. Did you use a router to cut those or what? I've seen a bunch of different ways listed.