Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Hoobit
Jan 5, 2007

Greatest little Hoobit of them all

Smash Lampjaw posted:

Another great thing about incorporating the Artemis Fowl books is that it'll give you another code to work with. I'd suggest burying the first book, and slip a message written in the Artemis Fowl code in with the message/map you give him.

It'll give him even more encouragement to read the book, and to make his own key, since the book doesn't provide a direct one.

edit: Oh, you're a great dad and this is a great idea.

This is a WAY cooler idea than the cat, I think. Giving animals as presents is generally a bad idea, anyway. I think if you are going to get a cat, the whole family should be a part of the decision and selection process.. you know, since cats live a good 15 years and all. If you still want to run with the cat idea, maybe get him the book, and leave a message in it about how HE must choose a partner or a sidekick, and maybe the address of your local animal shelter? That would be so awesome :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hoobit
Jan 5, 2007

Greatest little Hoobit of them all
Oh man this is so awesome. You are so awesome. But have you contacted the shelter yet? They'll need to approve you for an adoption.. it shouldn't be too difficult, unless you live in a hellhole. Mostly they'll just want to make sure you have a vet, and are allowed to have pets where you live. But you wouldn't want to go in there on the big day, have Cooper fall in love with a cat, and then hit a snag where they won't approve you for adoption for whatever fixable reason. Every shelter can have slightly different requirements, so you'll want to make sure you meet them beforehand! (I've read the whole thread but if you've already addressed this and I missed it, I apologize!)

I am so excited to hear how this turns out :haw: