Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I run an test asterisk PBX at my house. If you were to register a SIP hosting account, it could point to my PBX, and I could make a sort of spy hotline for him if you'd like. You could record messages, give him codes that he'd have to dial and all that. It's not hard to set up.

I don't mind working on that for you, because I need some projects to practice with anyways. Junction Networks is a good one that only charges like 9 cents a minute for calls, it'd be cheap for you and good experience for me. You can get a local number and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Bantaras posted:

Holy Carp You are beautiful.
Anyone know a "HOW TO" on hollowing out a book?

also, if anyone has time on their hands and wants something to do, you want to make the code into a font? I'm not sure I'm savy enough but I plan to try it later today at work. I wonder if I could "Plant" the book in our local library and send him there to look for it. I guess i'd have to do it pretty close to the time he goes though, or some 70 year old man will find it and be thinking he'd discovered some Russian spy ring.

1) Get an old book from a library book sale
2) Get a dremel
3) Cut hole with dremel

Just ask the librarian to help you with the book setup, she won't mind, I'm sure. Just as long as you don't live in Upper Saddle River NJ, the librarians are real uptight here.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
No love for my spy hotline idea?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
11th hour...I remember that book.

freakin' mice

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
This thread has actually inspired me to start working on my PBX again. I have a free incoming call service that gives me unlimited inbound calling...I'm going to have to find some goons that want to start some kind of game with it.

If anyone has ideas for a cool project that I can utilize my phone system for, let me know. It's running Asterisk, so really we can do whatever we can figure up. It's free if it's incoming calls, and around 9c a minute for outbound. If any one has ideas, let me know.