Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

A murderous figure haunts the fog-shrouded streets of Whitechapel. Some say he's a ghost, or a demon, or worse - a foreigner. Whatever he is, he's taken time out from gutting prostitutes to bring you insider information on the mysterious Zoofights. How he's getting this stuff is anyone's guess.

( The rules for this round are simple - each one of the silhouettes represents a beast as yet UNKNOWN to both science and high society alike. Choose the shadow you think is the meanest, or the most interesting, or just looks like it needs a good whipping. Make a post with the number of the beast you've chosen in it. The voting will close four hours from NOW, or when Major Failure decides it's done, and the two top-ranked beasts will enter the pit. Later rounds will of course reveal more of the ghastly creatures that will duel to the death for our amusement. Let the games begin!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Another letter from everyone's favourite prostitute disecting madman has arrived. What has he been up to?

(Same rules as last time, only this time you have only :siren:THREE HOURS:siren: to select the next two fighters, or until Major Failure calls a halt to voting. And yes, I can spell "lose", but it seems the Ripper can't.)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Looks like Jack reads a different newspaper...

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

EDIT:

DAMNIT MAJOR FAILURE I KNOW YOU'RE USING MY SCANNER BUT LOG ME OUT BEFORE YOU POST OR I WILL GODDAMN CUT YOU :argh:

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 10, 2008

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Major Failure posted:

Jack, take this man's money.

Old Jack'll be taking more than that if he loses, ha ha ha..

(You have only :siren:TWO HOURS:siren: to vote, or until Major Failure calls a stop. And remember, #10 is still broken and #12 has been quarantined)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I understand Dramatic Suspense, but.. come on now It's been an hour and the fight hasn't even started!

Now sir, the management are working as fast as they can, we're all very busy here, idle hands are the Devil's playthings, ha ha...

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

( You have :siren:TWO HOURS to vote for who will fight in the next match, or until Major Failure calls a stop )

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

(Yes, this round will be a little late, but Major Failure is drawing the fight as we speak. So rest assured the fight will still be taking place tonight.)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

One More Sunday posted:

Voting #10 for the next fight. Giant mechanical Doom Train? gently caress yes.

Sorry Gents, but #10 and #12 are still out of action. Old Jack's had a nice sunday spent in quiet contemplation ha ha.. but now it's back to business.

(You have :siren:FOUR HOURS or until Major Failure calls a stop to voting.)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 14, 2008

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

(You have :siren:Four Hours:siren: to vote for the next round. And yes, #10 and #12 still aren't available. All complaints to the Major)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Kenturamon posted:

How delightfully quaint! Of course when you run the numbers through a slightly more sophisticated calculating engine the results are somewhat different ...

It seems I must repost this...

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Before the next round starts, I thought I'd post an :frogsiren:EXCLUSIVE, NEVER SEEN BEFORE:frogsiren: look into the making of Zoofights!

This is the Zoofights control room, with Major Failure hard at work on the right and the worst picture ever taken of Kaiho on the left. You can see the massive amount of art already created for Zoofights, as well as a handy Phrenology bust on the mantle.

Thursdays (or is that Thursdays Child?) penciling in Mr Swearengan in our office/geek station.

My desk, where poo poo gets scanned and colored. I'm not sure why the good major wanted only that particular part of the final fight colored, but I'm not about to argue, because hey, monkeys.

A closer look at the art supplies and drawings. Early on Major Failure was experimenting with coloring using watercolor pens, but it didn't really work out. All the other colored stuff was done by me using Photoshop.

curioussymptoms, just finished inking the picture of Bisontrain crashing through a wall.

Thursdays again, looking far too innocent for a woman drawing two madmen hacking a Martian to death using a cleaver and a broken bottle.

And finally, Major Failure himself, putting the final touches on a floating half-bison, half-train.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Just a quick note to say that the fight is all drawn up and ready to go.. but due to the delay imposed by the forums being down, Major Failure had to crash out. He'll post them as soon as he wakes up in the morning, and as an apology I'll post a :frogsiren:Special Bonus Thing:frogsiren:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

:frogsiren:SPECIAL FEATURE:frogsiren:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Diet Poison posted:

Oh and that shanty was SUPERB, Robotic T-Rex. Though by your name I'd just as soon think you a competitor in this brutal tournament yourself, not a musician!

Actually, you can thank the multi-talented Major Failure for it.

I just sung backup vocals and crudely mixed the file.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

CuriousSymptoms posted:

These are brilliant. Mind if I have a go at colouring them?

If Major Failure doesn't mind, I have non-resized scans of the original lines (they will need a bit of cleaning up)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

If anyone knows of a good host for large images, I could drop some wallpaper versions of some of the fights, I've still got the original scans.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Alright, looks like I'd need to rifle through Major Failure's stuff to find anything specific, so here's a couple of wallpapers from the stuff I have at hand.

Click for big (1600x1200).

"Ripper's Workbench" style background

From Hell wallpaper

A simple wallpaper of Oh The Huge Manatee's first titlecard

Feel free to make requests and I'll see what I can do.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Vise the Stompy posted:

That was the best silent storytelling sequances I have ever seen! This entire journey can't be described with common words like awesome or epic, it trancends that level!

I was editing this loving thing for EIGHT HOURS.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Just a note to say that all the images in the movie, as well as a prose run-down of the final fight will be posted tomorrow, after the Zoofights team recover. And a big thankyou to all the artists that supplied the AMAZING pictures, there'll be proper credits later too. And thanks to everyone that read and posted in the thread.

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

:frogsiren: PICTURES :frogsiren:

Uncredited at the moment until Major Failure gets back to me. Click thumbnails for HUGE (in most cases).