Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

I choose 10 because it appears to be some kind of train

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Truly I am amongst fools. Never underestimate a drunken galoot, let alone three drunken galoots. I am going against the grain and voting Tapogres. They'll just knock him over and stomp him; manatees weren't meant to walk on robot legs.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Whisker Biscuit posted:

I really really wanted to vote for the Tapogres, but I can't even justify it in my head. The Hugemanatee has too many advantages: Armor, combat training and experience, ranged weaponry, mechanical close range weapons. This is going to be a massacre.

I see the tapogres trying to encircle it and press their numbers advantage. Hugemanatee cooly counters by first shooting one before they get close, and then charging the second to take them by surprise. The one he charges tries to fend him off, but the club does nothing fast against the armor. Enter the chainsaw. As this happens the third successfully gets behind him and lays in with the club. The Hugemanatee is driven to his knees and is nearly out it when they both slip in the rapidly spreading pool of blood and go down. The Tapogre is up first, but a harpoon fired from the ground is just as effective...

I think you are overestimating a harpoon's ability to pierce tapir/ogre hide and also the ability of such a harpoon to debilitate a nearly retarded brute of a lummox.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

No Promises posted:

Plus, six ogres running in a pack just make it easier for OTHM to hit them. Depending on the speed the harpoons are shot at, we could even imagine a well placed two in one shot, as they will obviously charge in an unorganized rabble.

This is just foolishness. Honestly, there is no way that would happen. Tapogres are fat.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Whisker Biscuit posted:

Don't you see?? You're proving my argument. He is so much taller (high center of gravity since the whole manatee is above the legs) than they are, and thus, easily toppled.

Those robot legs werent built for the full gravity of earth, the moon is much more forgiving of the unnatural situation of a lump of fat and metal at the top of two spindly legs. It'll be like trying to knock over a candy apple that is precariously balanced on its popsicle-stick-handle.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

"EHH STEPPRIHH UPP IFFEHHWANNAH GE' HURRRP'"

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Imskatastic posted:

I would like it to be duly noted that simply because the manatee has only one eye should not discount his aim. All of our friends who believe this, are clearly thinking in the natural realm, and for this nowhere near it. We are in ZooFights anything is possible. We have already witnessed the supernatural in Rasputin's Mammoth and I don't expect it to be the last we witness something outside the ordinary.

The Manatee has survived a war against the Chinese galactic front, where eleven of his breathern perished into the depths of space. There is something different about this Manatee, something that set him apart, something that made him a champion. Clearly something as simple as an optical disvantage shouldn't discount his success on the battlefield, he has fought a war with one eye and for sure he has obviously come up with a method that accounts for the err of the lack of an eyeball.

tl;dr: He fought in a bunch of wars and can definitely account for the error in his shots and will definitely fel at a minimum 4 tapogres with his lead harpoons!

This is full of foolishness. Despite the fact that we are talking about a world in which Rasputin's necrotic mammoth familiar rises against a steam driven crab, there is not a sensible explaination for a one-eyed sea cow to be able to aim a gun. Don't even get me started on three harpoons killing four fat foolish fleshy feral fellows. Impossible. Meaningless. And I'd say this broken brigand is more (rather than less) likely to give up the ghost; get his reward and meet his fellows in the great glade in the sky. No troubles or Chinamen to weigh on your mind.

Gin Soaked Ape fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 10, 2008

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

I notice a strong favor toward the islanders, if you catch my drift. Many of you who would call yourself American forget the great injustice of the king telling us what for. Sure you say Steamcrab is from the land of the Rising Sun, but lets not forget who has their dirty tea stained mits deep into the hearts and minds of those that live in the east. Are we sure we want to make a hero out of a redcoat? Bill, did your great father not die to purge their foul ways from our shores?

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Dog Jones posted:

The thickness of their hides are inconsequential -- it'll never stop a DIAMOND chainsaw.

It takes at least forty five seconds to saw through a limb with the sharpest of motorized saws. In the mean-time, his companions can certainly work over any sot they see fit. And the poor fellow on the recieving end still has another capable arm. and this is assuming the angry bloke will hold himself still for the saw to work its way through. (He will not)

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Dog Jones posted:

I am interested where you get your facts about diamond edge moon-saws, first of all, but beyond that I believe you are making the assumption that the veteran space marine will hold still and allow these drunken, uncoordinated thugs to wail on him as they please. The fact is, anyone that manages to avoid the chain-saw is just going to get a face full of harpoon.

A chain saw is a an instrument that demands attention and time (and pressure). It is not some sort of machine of the dreams that will simply solve all problems. One tapogre will likely get mauled, but in the mean time, his unfriendly friends will apply their uneven clubs to the glass dome protecting the grey flesh dome that houses this detached veteran's brain.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Dog Jones posted:

He'll probably have a moon flashback, go into a killing frenzy and murder everything in the midst of some blood-soaked, nightmarish hallucination.

No way, flashbacks make people confused and disoriented. Six Six drunk and rowdy brutes can certainly dismantle a confused old sea cow. With his silly robo legs, so easily toppled.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Come to think of it, this hardly seems fair to this old veteran. Six youthful violent beasts, bent on tearing him apart. What is such a being to do? At home at the sea or in space, the terra firma wil give him pause and uncertainty. The slanted mutants will cli-clip-clap with their clubs. Thunk-thunk-thunk down on his glass dome. In my prediciton, four will split his skull while the other two play billiards.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Taima posted:

The wooden clubs are superior versus the chain saw, anyone who has used a chain saw to make firewood can probably attest to this. You can't just swing at a piece of wood like you're using an axe, the teeth are going to get hosed up that way and it might recoil back on you or god knows what else. Chainsaws are made for slow, controlled cuts and that's it. It's retarded to put one on your arm and use it as a melee weapon.

"Slice and dice" as you say is the exact opposite of what a chainsaw does.

You are entirely correct. This manatee is clearly living in a fantasy land.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Imskatastic posted:

A new development that I feel should be noted is the implications of the manatee's boots being piston powered. Whilst some of the lovely gentlemen of the forum would like to state that piston powered boots are very slow (and simply a means of travel), I would beg to differ. He obviously has air pressurized piston boots. I myself was unsure of what exactly the stipulation of being a piston device however the boots that our British sea-faring friend has have a pressurized air jet allowing him to fly into the air at a moments notice giving him a much needed aerial advantage over the oafish tapogres. In lieu of many chaps suggesting that the tapogres will rush him, the obviously evident pressurized air boots he will be able to launch his body in the air and not only harpoon his adversaries but also potentially crush them with his large metallic suit, allowing him even more success than was even imaginable before!

ALL HAIL OH THE HUGE MANATEE

I would say that this is the definition of wishful thinking.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Certainly Captain Worthington, you must first use such a motorized saw before making such a judgment.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

:science: if you hit a manatee in the neck with a piece of ogre driven wood, it will bleed and bleed. This is a kill.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

I vote Rabble; I am pro lower class and pro large mutant beast.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

I sense a growing apprehension toward #12. I fear that any fight against it will be unfairly biased against it in fear of supporting another Swanmass. I propose that in the case of such a situation, only well argued, logical, and enlightened arguments should be counted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

As much as I like poor drunks, there is no way that they can possibly win. I predict that they will be beaten into a wad of flesh not unlike a pile of sausage. The shark mutant will then tear into them with the knife and fork until all that is left of them is the smell.