Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Those Goddamn Rainbows Are At It Again

Oh man..if we get tales of epic solidarity, comradeship and battle like last time, I'll be happy. Just don't bring back swanmass. The fabric of reality is too thin to cope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Oh gently caress yes. Number 3 looks pretty brutal to me.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

After much consideration and discussion with my Year 7 English class earlier today (11 and 12 year olds, clearly in the know about these things), we're all going for Steamcrab. General consensus is that, with his reinforced carapace and higher PSI claw attack, he'll run through his decaying enemy like a hot ball bearing through butter.

What a great fight this should be. Gentlemanly conduct from our distinguished foreign guest versus nightmarish brutality from the seething depths of the mad biologist's mind. Epic.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

13 looks delightfully ambiguous. Count me in for whatever lumbering behemoth lurks behind that mountainous silhouette.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Pass the gin and tonic, someone.

All hail the manatee!

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

I had an awesome day watching this unfold behind the beer goggles. Looking forward to a hopeful reappearance by the horrific skeletal monstrosity that seems to have arisen from the ashes of this fight.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Number 8 because it's my lucky number.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

I'm going to throw my new bonnet into the ring with a vote for the underdog, Ultraphant. Much as I would delight to see the honourable foe from the Ice Country prevail, my heart must give way to my head on the issue. The retractable chain will ensure that Ultraphant can launch a volley of devastating attacks before Drillbjörn can position himself at close enough quarters. Nevertheless, I predict a close fight.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

The proud warrior stands strong; it brings a tear to my jaded eye, it really does.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

I can contribute for Friday.

PM or text me. Try not to scare the Londoners.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

scorpiobean posted:

...I see womankind has had a hand in this as well. Thanks talented ladies. Now I must go find somewhere to hide that damned radio until the next fight.

I'm telling you, we're all slaves to the beasts' bidding. "Put the beer down! Finish that inking!"

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Drop Bear has his strengths
But Manatee has courage.
Honour will prevail.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Major Failure posted:

To entertain you while you await the start of the fight (in HALF AN HOUR), here are some doodles I did the other day, portraying someof the warships and industrial vessels used by the Ninth Lunar Legion. Because Imperial-era space warfare is awesome.

These are brilliant. Mind if I have a go at colouring them?

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Boru posted:

I just thought the situation was funny. I mean I voted for the Boys because I figured it would be a riot to see how THE most unlikely people on earth could come out on top over a shark. I figure its becuase Father McGarry seems too pretentious and "cool" while the drunk dudes are fellows that the average goon can associate more with on a visceral level.

Well, keep up the good work, just wanted to make that observation.

I rooted for the drunks because, I think, I identify with them on a very deep, meaningful and above all intoxicated level.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Major Failure posted:

I have just seen kboss' first contribution to the final battle.

loving hell.

What have I started here?

I'm so stoked for this, it's going to be awesome.

Also, check your private messages, Major.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Some photos from the epic post-a-thon that was Friday Night:

Major Failure contemplates the mammoth task ahead

Hard at work POSTING ON THE INTERNET

Flint_Paper, voice of the mad preacher, assuring us of his sanity

Robotic T-Rex triumphantly finishing the edit

The Major celebrates with a genuine bottle of Moxie

A man on the edge.

Major Failure and Robotic T-Rex

EvilMoJoJoJo lends support

Oh god where has the rum gone there it is

Posting in triumph! From left - right: Major Failure, Robotic T-Rex, CuriousSymptoms, Flint_Paper, EvilMoJoJoJo. GOONS.JPG

Oh god what have we done :(

The Last Stand.

This project was a lot of fun. Roll on the next round when we've all recovered from the year-long hangover.