Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
Does anybody know where I could get a relatively inexpensive pan/crossfade pedal? I'm interested in finding something with a single guitar input that I could use a foot pedal to fade back and forth between two mono outs (for different amps or effects chains or whatever). Ernie Ball makes a stereo version, but it's about $175 and that's pretty expensive for what seems like a really simple circuit.

I've found a couple of schematics for crossfader circuits online, and it shouldn't be TOO hard to cannibalize an old wah pedal for this purpose, but if anybody knows of any guitar-specific plans, I'd be interested in checking that out too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
I am really psyched to get my hands on AT3 (got in on the preorder deal), I was a little disappointed that "February release" apparently means the last day of the month, but it's just as well given that I am finishing up a project this week and the last thing I probably need is a shiny and complex piece of new software right now.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
code:
Dear customer,

Thank you for ordering from IK Multimedia, we appreciate your music business.

Your Digital Delivery order has been successfully processed.

The serial number for the product you have purchased is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATX30-XXXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXX ---- AmpliTube 3 Crossgrade
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow the instructions below to register, download and authorize your software:
:hellyeah:

:rock:

downloading now, trip report in a couple of hours

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
Also your recording software (assuming you are using Amplitube as a VST plugin) should tell you your latency in that application.

It looks like the UCA202 does have ASIO drivers available at http://www.behringer.de/EN/Products/UCA202.aspx -- both native drivers by Behringer, and 3rd party ASIO4ALL drivers, you might want to try out both of them to see if one gives noticably better latency.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Hadlock posted:

This talk about EQ pedals gave me an idea. You'd need some sort of auto A-B switch that had an adjustable oscillating (square wave) rate, sort of like a tremolo, but it would cut between A&B, which would feed into two EQs, each with different settings. My guess would be that you'd end up with a slight warble halfway between a phaser and a tremolo. For shits and giggles you could add in a toggle switch to change the wave from square to sine , and then a depth knob to blend the dry signal with the EQ'd signal.

I fully expect Agreed to have modeled this and posted a link to tindeck by the time I get back here :colbert:

I'm at home this afternoon and got curious so whipped up a couple of clips myself in Guitar Rig 4.

Both are a Les Paul (bridge pickup) -> EQ splitter -> High White (Hiwatt) amp model. I also added a touch of Ableton compressor after GR. It does remind me a bit of both a tremolo and a phaser (also of the effect you get toggling a pickup select switch back and forth rhythmically), and unsurprisingly sounds best with sustained, harmonically rich notes.

Clip 1: Mild (modeled) tubescreamer up front, split into two Graphic EQs with moderate boosts in different bands. Near the end I switched the LFO around between square wave (which is most of the clip), sine wave, and sawtooth (I really like the pulsing of the sawtooth wave).

Clip 2: Replaced the tubescreamer with a fuzz (the Big Muff style model) to really bring out the harmonics, into a Split with two drastic shelving EQs (one all low end, one mid-high end)

h_double fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 27, 2010