Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

No, I can't. Too much hair.

dancehall posted:

dude is that wrench vintage

The metal they made them out of harmonically reinforces the sound, creating a cleaner and clearer tone.

They're also really good when you want to bash the everloving crap out of your amp because it broke for the 5th time that week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

hamaien posted:

The tone of this post tells me that you want a Pod. Learn about effects and chaining from that, then decide if you want individual effects.

I also recommend the Boss GT10. Yeah, it's still a bit pricey, but worth it.

Note: I don't own a GT10, but I do own a Pod. I like both.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

qball posted:

Let's bring this thread back from the dead and discuss Fuzzes.

After a long run of using overdrives and boosts I got my first fuzz, a MI Audio Germanium Neo Fuzz. All I can say is I'm a convert. Running it through an amp already on the boil and you get a nice thick, bluesy, sustaining fuzz. It can get a bit over the top but I like the fuzz set at about halfway with a bit of boost from the volume knob. Now I have an Analogman Sunface on the way, it's a slippery slope.

I know there are other fuzz fans here, tell me you favourites.

I post about it all the drat time, but one more can't hurt... my Lovepedal White Dragon is a loving awesome pedal. SI Fuzz Face clone on one side, Ge Rangemaster on the other, and all sorts of bliss in between.

I've also been known to use a Big Muff.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

Southern Heel posted:

DELAY: I tried the TC Flashback and spent all the time on analogue delay. I tried the Seymour Duncan Vapour trail and found the see-saw modulation to be a bit much. I settled on the Boss DM-2w and I'm super happy. To be honest I probably use it less than I should, because i'm trying to work on my rhythm chops at the moment - but it's just lovely.

The DM-2w is amazing. I A/B'd it against my current delay (A digitech obscura) and it, obviously, blew mine out of the water... I'd switch over, but the Obscura has too many features that I use on a daily basis... maybe I should buy a DM-2w in addition...