Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Also, aren't HOAs very limited on pursuing antennas since they fall under the FCC's jurisdiction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

There's significant restrictions on power that things like a Baofeng blatantly ignore.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

code:
|FRS 2 | 462.5625 NFM| FRS 2 SOVEREIGN CITIZEN FREEMEN
|FRS 3 | 462.6125 NFM| FRS 3 PATRIOT PREPPERS
|FRS 4 | 462.6375 NFM| FRS 4 JEEP 4X4 CLUBS
fuckin :lol: at FREEMEN, PREPPERS and... Jeeps

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

razak posted:

That would be an interesting Venn diagram of the overlap between them.

As a Jeep owner I'm sure that diagram is drat near a circle. But inevitably the reason any given Jeep group uses channel 4 on anything (or, alternatively, 16) is "4x4".

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Oh hey.

Leixen VV-898 on the top of the center console, Uniden CMX760 hanging on the right / with the base station mounted behind the mechless head unit. Still need to get my license so I can actually transmit :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

A reminder to just go book a test and get it overwith every time I get in the Jeep. I had a license a long-rear end time ago and nearly solely on memory alone I think I've passed about every practice test I've run through.

Also, being able to listen is better than nothing.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yo put this in the OP of every ham thread ever.

There are so many boomer-adjacent hobbies that need to experience that same reckoning, or they're going to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Glad to hear that, even before all this poo poo went nuts the test availability here near me wasn't all that compatible with my schedule.