Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

taqueso posted:

Are the MSI.SDR Panadapters decent?

I'm trying to get mine to work. The drivers won't install on my Windows 10 machine because I have virtualization enabled for Docker. I downloaded the latest HamPi release but it doesn't appear to boot on my Raspberry Pi 3B just yet. Not quite as plug and play as I was hoping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

Sniep posted:

If anyone knows how to get that working in windows 10 please tell me what the toolchain is? I've tried a few things and just cant seem to get it to come up

Did you ever get this working? I got one last year, gave up after I read somewhere that it doesn't like Win10 machines with virtualization enabled, and then tried to get it working again hoping a different outcome. I have it appear in Device Manager under USB devices but never the Sound devices section.

Next step is seeing if I can get an old RPi1B to run it.

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

So now is not the time to launch an APRS balloon, right?

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

Walrusmaster posted:

I planned to put a 2m/70cm redo in the car to use as an aprs repeater while I'm hiking, but the only radio I know of that will do that without an external computer is the Kenwood TM-D710GA, and those have become impossible to find unfortunately.

The PicoAPRS can be used as a fill in repeater or as the hiking device itself.