Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JTG posted:

There really needs to be a gooncon on the East Coast, Not too far north or not too far south, like in Ohio or West Virginia, or that general area.

I'd definitely go to one if it was in DC or Baltimore. Las Vegas? No. Canada? Hell no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Cannibal posted:

Every year we pitch for a NYC gooncon and it gets shot down.

It's such a shame because there's no way a NYC gooncon would be worse than this.

If you were going to plan it, I'd be there in a loving heartbeat.

Knormal posted:

Yes, clearly the people who wanted to go see Rocky Horror should have instead gone do something they didn't want to do, since I'm sure that would have been much more fun for them.

I want you to think about what you've just said here, then to think about how much Barbako hates bathing and how much Two Worlds hates brushing his teeth.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Aug 10, 2008

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

^^^^^^^
hahahaha, god drat.

Cannibal posted:

The largest goonmeet I ever held in NYC was AWFULMANIA. It had an attendance of over 120 goons, which ranks up there with the largest gooncons.

I had a budget of over $3,000 for it. I used that to rent a private hall in NJ that was accessible via walking distance from the PATH train (took the subway from the WTC stop :911: ) about 30 minutes of travel. At the private hall, I had hired a dozen indie wrestlers to perform just for us, including Doink the Clown and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart. They had their own private bar for us, 120 goons shouting catchphrases while wrestlers put their bodies on the line for our entertainment. They even let me participate in one of the matches.

Then we returned back to NYC. 120 goons, going from NJ to NYC via subway, and no one got lost.

Then we went to a restaurant in the heart of Manhattan that was able to seat and feed us all. While the food was far from haute cuisine they didn't card minors, and it was about $10 a person, $20 if you drank. Not bad for NYC. And they let all 120 of us sit together.

Afterwards, I had used the remainder of the budget to rent a house in Brooklyn for the rest of the evening. It was a three story frathouse with a backyard and had plenty of room for all 120 of us. I'd made sure the place was stocked up with plenty of liquor, but that only lasted a few hours, but people were more than willing to go on a few beer runs as the night wore on.

Around 1:00am I spent another $100 and ordered pizza for the all the people still drinking.

I left sometime around 7:00am and was thoroughly exhausted. No one got hospitalized, the cops weren't called.

Every year we pitch for a NYC gooncon and it gets shot down.

It's such a shame because there's no way a NYC gooncon would be worse than this.

It's been so long since you guys had one of those huge meets. You need to pull yourself out of retirement and do one more for old times' sake.

dans posted:

I'd definitely go to one if it was in DC or Baltimore. Las Vegas? No. Canada? Hell no.

As someone who has lived in this area his entire life, I am 100% against the idea of a DC or Baltimore gooncon. Definitely not a Baltimore one, jesus.

raditts fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Aug 10, 2008

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

As someone who has lived in this area his entire life, I am 100% against the idea of a DC or Baltimore gooncon. Definitely not a Baltimore one, jesus.

Awww, don't you think it'd be funny to see your fellow goons freaking out at the sight of black people?

OhSnap
Feb 23, 2007

dans posted:

Why, what's in DC or Baltimore?

OhSnap fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Aug 10, 2008

dans
Nov 30, 2004

Grimey Drawer

OhSnap posted:

Museums, The Mall, all sorts of stuff. Last I checked, there's plenty of DC-area goons, and it is right near the Mason-Dixon Line. New York sounds great, too plenty of goons there.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

OhSnap posted:

DC features museums and horrible traffic.
Baltimore features the Inner Harbor and crack dealers.

isnoop
Jan 9, 2001

I used to be an admin,
but then I took an arrow
to the knee.
And with all that having been said, it's time to envoke the time honored tradition of closing a full week of internet arguing following over Gooncon with the Closing of the GBS Thread Ceremony.

As in previous years, this moment marks the time where you sleep well with your fond memories or spend your internet vitriol in some other thread.

GBS will once again say goodbye to GoonCon until it is time to talk about next year.

Goodnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mons al-madeen
Jun 20, 2001

you will experience beer.
goldmine