Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

I am awaiting answers to iamking's questions and I also have a few:

1. I have never been backpacking before, but I would like to spend about 3 weeks in South America in the fall. Would I be able to do it as a novice? I have traveled quite a bit to other continents and don't consider myself a moron!

2. Would I be able to do Rio to Iguazu to Buenos Aires to Chile (Santiago and San Pedro de Atacama) to Peru (Machu Picchu, Ica, Nazca maybe, Lima) in 3 or 4 weeks?

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetrix
Aug 24, 2002

I am still thinking about a trip to South America in early September. I have narrowed it down that I want to do Lima, Ica, Huacachina, Machu Picchu, and then Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls. I could have as much as 20 days to do all of this, and I would be staying in hostels.

Does anyone have a suggested itinerary for doing this, especially one that will minimize the back and forth transportation that it would entail? The only way I could see it happening was Lima-Ica-Cuzco then back to Lima to fly to Buenos Aires, and then Buenos Aires to the Falls, stay a little while, and then back to Buenos Aires to fly home.

Any tips?