Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

OFFICIAL SA THREAD RUINER
SPRING 2013
Welp. Not sure if this is the right thread, but since we don't have a general projects thread, I'll stick it here.

I've got a lot of free time coming up, so I can get back to making cool poo poo. Anyone want to throw some specific suggestions for (what you think is) cool stuff to work on at me? I'm wide open.

Bonus points if the project is something that easily lends itself to cool screenshots, like a ray-tracer. Except I'm a little burnt out on ray-tracing and general graphics-for-graphics-sake stuff right now. Unless it's really cool and/or somewhat ridiculous, like if I could somehow manage to pull off real-time ray-tracing in javascript or something.

I've spent some time studying graphics for ray-tracing over the past couple of years. Probably no more than the equivalent of one introductory graphics course, though. I'd kind of like to dive into another area of computer science, so bonus points for something that would let me do that.

I've always kind of wanted to learn about data-mining, but then I couldn't figure out where to get data that I was interested in doing anything with. :s

I have no idea how compilers work, so I guess trying to build one might be fun, too.

I've got a game I want to make but the process of making games isn't really fun like the process of building a ray-tracer.

I'd just like to be aware of as many possibilities as possible (heh).

Safe and Secure! fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safe and Secure!
Jun 14, 2008

OFFICIAL SA THREAD RUINER
SPRING 2013
I like designing games and seeing them come together, but I dislike actually programming game engines. Even more, I dislike learning to use existing engines, like Unity.