Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

tef posted:

http://secretvolcanobase.org/~tef/mandel.html#-1.9963768142314133,-1.9963766044978806,-0.0000036023430031992544,-0.0000037289745700944963

I added coordinates and fixed some bugs.

Up and down should work to zoom in most browsers, but try scrolling :2bong: to zoom quickly in and out

Holy crap, that's amazing! :monocle:

Suggestion: when scrolling with the mouse, maybe you should make it such that the zooming will center wherever the cursor is (ie. similar to the way google maps zooming works when you scroll.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Geez, UCSB should really redesign that..

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

crazysim posted:

It's Moodle like how this forum is Vbulletin. Hacks here and there like many other PHP applications in production. It's not bad, fairly alright, and they are responsive to suggestions from users. It's just that I'm wary of why they haven't bothered to increase the timeout in all these years so I was guessing there was some crazy bureaucracy for increasing that (from my experiences in another department at UCSB regarding the single-sign-on system in place).
I can't imagine why they couldn't change the timeout. It sounds odd to me 'cause my department at UCSD uses Moodle as well, but I've never had such problems in my years of using it.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

MeramJert posted:

They often include a headshot in Chinese resumes too, but I haven't figured out what they're used for (if anything)
This guy explains why:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71wtvZ_z3ZI#t=1m

I find his series of videos to be pretty interesting.

e: For those who don't wanna watch the video, he explains that in China one's image is very important and employers can hire based on physical attributes. Where the West considers this discrimination, in China looks can be important to business (ie. a good looking receptionist, secretary, or salesman are some examples he pointed out.)