Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

I'm working on and off on a pretty simple Skype "bot", if you can call it that.

The screenshot should say it all, really. :shobon:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

In case anyone's interested, I just released my Skype bot thing.

Blog post here.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

ImDifferent posted:

http://www.magnifeast.com

Los Angeles online food delivery/carryout website - 500+ restaurants and counting! Built by myself and two other ex-videogame industry folks over the past few months.

It's a blend of merb, couchdb, ruby, and some rather esoteric javascript systems on the client-side - all running on EC2. Still technically "beta", but now open to the public.

Nice. If you need some ideas for where you can take it, I can recommend taking a look at Just-Eat.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

I've been working a bit on some sorting algorithm visualization, á la these Java ones.

It's done in Python with PyGame, available on github if you're curious; or you could just watch an example of it running quicksort without having to download anything:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Scaevolus posted:

Have you considered using Cairo to render instead? It seems to work well for static sorting visualizations: http://corte.si//posts/code/visualisingsorting/index.html

I mostly went with PyGame because of the sheer simplicity of doing what I wanted in it, really. Based on what I can see in libsortvis, Cairo looks quite a bit heavier to dance with.

For instance, to set the background of my canvas:
code:
self.window.fill((255, 255, 255))
As opposed to this excerpt from graph.py:
code:
def background(self, r, g, b):
    c = self.ctx()
    c.set_source_rgb(r, g, b)
    c.rectangle(0, 0, self.width, self.height)
    c.fill()
    c.stroke()
My reason for switching to Python was actually the simplicity with which I could draw things with PyGame, so I doubt I'll be switching to something else, as it seems pretty much as simple as can be.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Crazak P posted:

That's pretty awesome.

I'd be careful though, Hasbro might sue you.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7525085.stm

They seem to be okay with it as long as you don't use a Scabble-like name for it.

It also helps if the bonus squares are placed differently on the board compared to the official version. (See Literati, for instance, which has existed for ages without any problems I've heard of.)

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Crazak P posted:

That was big news awhile back, so I thought Hasbro was insanely protective of their IP. I guess they're not.

Good to know.

Well, the thing is, Scrabulous was pretty huge on Facebook a while back, with a name similar to that of Scrabble, and a completely identical board. That and Hasbro wanted to launch their own official Scrabble app, so they took down their biggest competition.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Id4ever posted:

Wordfeud - a multiplayer Scrabble like game for Android

I've set up a discussion group at http://groups.google.com/group/wordfeud

Lovely. Do you have some sort of public bug tracker or UserVoice page, maybe, for feature suggestions and such?

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Id4ever posted:

Not yet, but I'll definitely put up some kind of feature suggestion tool on wordfeud.com when I have time. That UserVoice thing seems nice.

Mmkay. :)

A few suggestions here, then:

A tile count would be pretty good towards the end of the game.

Maybe color the tiles you're currently placing a bit differently so they're easier to tell apart from the ones that've been played?

Remembering which friends have the game would be pretty useful; maybe an ingame-friendslist or something?

The game occasionally pops into focus for no apparent reason. (On 2.1; Hero)

Ability to invite people who don't currently have the app?

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Id4ever posted:

I'm not sure what you mean, there's already a count of how many tiles are left in the bag (right below the scores). Do you mean how many tiles your opponent has left?
Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant.

quote:

Dang, this is no good. Do you have background notifications enabled?

Yup.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

For my graphics class:

Click here for the full 1040x806 image.

Lines are drawn manually; everything transformed and projected from 3D to 2D manually.

And of course, the landscape generated manually using this algorithm.

--------------
Edit, in reply to be below post:

Well, manually in the sense that of having written the code to perform the transformation and projection myself, rather than using built-in OpenGL features.

Not manually as in manually translating each point by hand.

Sebbe fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 27, 2011

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

A friend of mine recently created a Facebook event named "Official Poke Day 2011". So, of course, I had to make a userscript that automatically pokes all of my friends.

Result:

If you want to use it, then go ahead: Source code or install directly.

Note: It does not work out of the box. It doesn't detect your friends, so you manually have to extract a list of the URLs of your friends' pages and enter them into the script where it asks you to.

The easiest way I've found of doing this (assuming you run Chrome) would be going to FB RSS, logging in, opening the JavaScript console (Wrench > Tools > JavaScript console), then entering the following:

code:
$x('//tr/td[1]/a/@href').map(function(l) { return l.nodeValue; });
That should produce a list of URLs ready to be pasted into the script.

Second note: Silly as I am, I placed the "Poke all friends" link in the "Pokes" header ...which only exists if you have an incoming poke waiting. Furthermore, if you start the script, don't dismiss/return any of the pokes on that page, simply wait for the script to do its job.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

I've been following Imgur roulette thread, and editing the script there a bit to suit my needs better.

Sadly, I couldn't add the functionality I wanted to the script on there, so I decided to take a slight detour into F#, both to learn it a bit, and to make an improved version.

The result is this:

Download

You'll need to have the F# Runtime 2.0 installed for the program to run, but apart from that it requires no installation: Simply run the .exe-file to use the program.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

This is nothing too fancy, but I just made a small userscript that highlights posts by people in your buddy list:

I wrote the same thing for SALR for Chrome while back, but I don't use that anymore, so I decided to write it again as a stand-alone userscript.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Nothing too visually exciting, but I've made a small tool that extracts information on the current game being played in Binding of Isaac: Rebirth.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Nice.

Are you reading the save file or the memory of the running game process? Also, what's the console you are using?

I'm reading neither. I'm parsing the log file. It's quite simple to do. The initial version actually only took 51 lines of code.

I actually originally made it for bisnap, to be used during runs, so people could check his item loadout + seed live.

The console is ConEmu. It's nice having a properly resizable console in Windows.

Sebbe fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 11, 2015

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

I made a Chrome extension that puts glasses on things.

It's based on a silly thing from a Danish TV show, Natholdet. They have a teletext page you can overlay on the current programming, and then people are encouraged to watch TV with it on and take pictures if something funny happens. I don't really watch TV much, but still wanted to take part in the fun, so I decided to make an extension for it. :shobon:

Here's a link to it, if you want to try it out.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Tann posted:

That's cool! How did you do the face-recognition? It's interesting seeing which ones it gets and which ones it doesn't.

Yeah, sometimes it gets it a bit wrong, heh.

I'm just using jquery.facedetection on default settings. :)

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Literally Elvis posted:

I made a website for asking/answering questions about feature parity across languages and/or frameworks as a side project. Hopefully some of you can find use in it.

The ad on the unanswered questions list covers up the bottommost two questions on my screen.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Literally Elvis posted:

That's the nature of ads, I suppose, but I made the containing div have a white background so they don't peek out from the bottom.

Wouldn't you rather that the bottommost two questions actually be accessible?

You could add some padding at the bottom of content column, for instance. It looks like padding-bottom: 120px makes it possible to see all questions.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Biowarfare posted:

Working on a skype bot for our groupchats to do general stupid poo poo

Oh, neat. I've spent a lot of time doing that myself, a while back. Which API do you use for communicating with Skype?

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Biowarfare posted:

The official MS-approved documented nodejs one. Sending text is just send(to, msg_string) and an attachment is just send(to, filename, base64_encoded_png, base64_encoded_png_thumbnail)

Oh, neat. Probably should have a look at that at some point; there wasn't much in the way of APIs a few years ago.

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Programmer Humor posted:

I got tired of copying and pasting raw spotify URIs from my python playlist generator so I decided to reimplement everything as a web app with a save button functionality. This also gave me a chance to check out bootstrap and jQuery.

That's pretty cool; I could see myself using that sometimes! Is it publicly available somewhere?

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Programmer Humor posted:

Sure, I think it's good enough for people to try out now.

http://fx21.github.io/playlists/

Tell me what you think and if you can think of any improvements.

Awesome; I dig it. It seems cool so far.

Perhaps it'd be cool to be able to generate a new playlist based on another playlist, or one's own collection?

(My motivation: I write a bunch of silly songs for a student revue, and I'm curious to see, if running it on my "Stuff I want to write songs on"-list would find me any other songs I'd want to write on.)

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

I wanted to experiment a bit with Vue.js, so I decided to implement Heckmeck am Bratwurmeck (aka Pickomino) in it.

It's playable on http://heckmeck.brohr.dk .

Not the prettiest thing, but it should be fully functional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Sereri posted:

This is awesome.

2 bugs:
1) if you have already selected all of the dice you still have the option to roll, resulting in a certain fail
2) players without worms do not cause the top worm piece to be discarded on a fail according to the rule book.

1 was actually intentional laziness, but I just fixed it up so you can't do it anymore.

2 was me not knowing the rules correctly, and just implementing it as I usually play it. :) I've fixed it so it matches the rulebook. (I.e, no worm turned over on grill if you fail without any worms, and no worm turned over on grill if you return the topmost worm to grill.)