Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

HappyHippo posted:

Crosspost from the game thread: here's a browser based game in the style of Scorched Earth I'm working on using javascript/html5. It seems to work best in chrome. Any comments or suggestions are welcome!

Very nice, quick bug report though. Ubuntu Firefox the emp (I guess anyway, it was an AI which used it) causes massive slowdown on my system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

HappyHippo posted:

Damnit, a friend of mine reported the same issue with Firefox with their system and yet it works just fine on mine, which makes it a pain to debug :(
Maybe I can think of a more efficient way to achieve the same effect. I just wish I could reproduce it on my system.
If anyone else is using Ubuntu maybe they can confirm it happens, then you could set up a vm. I'll see how chrome handles it on the same system tomorrow and report back.

HappyHippo posted:

Thanks, not sure what you mean here though. Do you just want the option to repeat the last shot? Usually I want to make a slight adjustment to the last shot.
I found myself wanting this too. Basically at the end of a round often its me and an AI both with shields and only small missiles, so we're just pinging each other, I have exactly the correct trajectory/strength and just want to repeat last shot a few times to finish him off.

The game is cool I spent way to much time playing with it.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

HappyHippo posted:

This guy was using Windows so I don't know what the deal is there.

Well it works fine in Chrome, so its not a hardware issue at least.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

I made a thing! Its a two player draughts game, 8x8 board, no AI.

Mostly to test out node-webkits packaging, but also to actually complete a personal project before losing interest for once.

If anyone wants to have a play, here's some links:
mac osx
windows

And for linux you can dl the terrible source (also for not linux, but I only tested the init and build scripts on linux).

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

make it say "{number} ah ah ah!" (I'm jealous I didn't think of this).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Xerophyte posted:

procedural wood

Oh baby, this gives me serious procedural wood.