Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

OUR PEOPLE WERE BORN OF THE SKY

MrMoo posted:

I have a separate module on OpenCV to detect faces in ~10ms, the current idea is for a video terminal to switch on and advertise its presence on the network when someone looks at it.

How fast is OpenCV nowadays? Did they streamline the code?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

Jo posted:

I see you, too, have discovered the absolute joy of the Slick 2D library. Rock on Slick buddy. :):hf::)

Is there something similar to Slick 2D only in C?

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

lord funk posted:

Getting very, very close to the release of my next app for iPad. Some action shots:

and of course, 219.theme:

That is pretty sweet, but what does it do?

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

mintskoal posted:

That's some fancy UI there, is it a library?

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

Fozzle posted:

Baby's first NodeJS/MongoDB app. Basic functionality works, but it's got a ways to go til completion. The idea was a "crowdsourced" text adventure, where people could branch the story themselves and others could pursue and extend those branches. If the internet ever actually used it, it would probably just get filled with a lot of "whip out your penis" commands. Just the few friends I've shown it to have already done it. Probably will end up going the way of most of my "learning X" projects: Forever unfinished.

> brush teeth

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

Mr. Fish posted:

> Hit city.

- Violence is never the answer.

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

On the bonus side, in lots of places in Europe they're legally not allowed to contact your previous employer and ask about you

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

fletcher posted:

Really?? That seems like such an essential part of the process over here in the states

It does seem counterintuitive for someone to know your marriage status, religion and age but not what your last boss thought of your work.

But then again, your last job could have been in Arizona and you got fired because you were using contraceptive pills and the boss' review of your work is "WHORE OF BABYLON"...

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

Mug posted:

Screenshot Saturday, yeah?

Made it so windows can smoothly resize when they need to, as you can see the window at the top-right do when it overflows.

If you don't put out a finished game in the end people here will be very very angry with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

You're also featured on RPS, congrats!