Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Geb
Mar 22, 2007

A Crystal Sword?! I'm all about swords! How did you know?!
voting for Red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

All the people voting blue because they want info don't seem to realize that Professor Crazy can still explain his evil plan(s) and what's going on while mind controlled. We just tell him to do it. Red is our best chance.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Blue

Count Choculitis
Sep 13, 2007

I love you, Shepard. I always have. I want to understand what this is between us... and make it real.

Uranium Phoenix posted:

All the people voting blue because they want info don't seem to realize that Professor Crazy can still explain his evil plan(s) and what's going on while mind controlled. We just tell him to do it. Red is our best chance.

But it could also completely not work, and he could shoot our friend out of spite. I mean he did help make the thing, I assume he's probably protected against it.

Sensemann
May 6, 2008
Red.
If Meadowfields is desperate enough (or just plain evil enough) to use the brother of one of his employees as a bargaining chip, we have to assume he's up to something sinister.
At the very least, we can squeeze some info out of him with the arm.

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
We haven't gotten enough use out of that arm yet.

Red

Agent Boogeyman
Feb 17, 2005

"This cannot POSSIBLY be good. . ."
How do I keep missing these great threads? Great artwork!

I vote RED

Adam took a great risk to save our hero and now it's time to return the favor!

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Red

Except aim it at the person leaving and not the doctor with the gun to Adam's head and make THAT dude attack the evil doctor guy since there's a chance he made himself exempt from his own weapons as someone upthread mentioned.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

RED

It's obvious he thinks that his work will prevent another disaster or something, we don't need to hear it.

XenoMessiah
May 1, 2006

by Fragmaster
RED

we don't want a repeat of spider girl

Sashiva
Mar 27, 2007
Down in Flames...
Red Attack!

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Uranium Phoenix posted:

But we're not really interested in whatever nonsense he'll be yapping about! We just want him to lower his guard so we can kick him in the nuts or something. Anything else would result in botched Adam :(

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Blue

We've got to hold off the red swarm :(

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

AbortRetryFail posted:

We've got to hold off the red swarm :(

Yeah, they just saw that red was trailing and wanted an upset.

Blue is the better choice.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
I'll vote for Yellow

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
I'm just going to throw out some observations here-

Meadowfields isn't offering us a trade if we walk away- it would be odd for him to assume we'd catch him by the elevators and haul Adam around simply as a hostage. Adam and the prototype are both involved in whatever "the final stages of his work" might be. It might be rash to call his bluff, but I think evidence strongly suggests that Adam is pretty important.

On another tangent, Adam's sister is more likely than not in a little trouble here- even if nobody's managed to put two and two together up to this point the head of this facility would have to be blind not to notice her helping pigtails- there's no other reason for the two to be seen together.

And finally, on a less topical note, did anybody notice how the appearance of the arm changed when it was upgraded? The original had two "slots", one of which has now been filled with what looks like a green gem, corresponding to the robot commanding capabilities we gained. I'm willing to wager this indicates that under the right conditions we'll get an opportunity to gain the power of the third "kill" arm. Naturally, this will depend on the choices we make...

I'm going to support BLUE if only because I'd love the opportunity to get some more juicy plot details- Red seems like it has a high chance of leading to tragedy and yellow doesn't get us anywhere.

Keep up the good work, Thallium.

Internet Janitor fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jun 21, 2008

Seventh_Samurai
Jul 5, 2007
dick blick
Red like we have never red-ed before. There have been 18 updates and I think we've only done red twice. We need some action.

North of Gravity
Jun 30, 2007

did y0u pr0gram this r0b0t t0 have feelings f0r y0u?
R0MANTIC FEELINGS???

D --> Is that not ok
Awesome work, Thallium. :)

Blue.

Nugs
Nov 4, 2006
I'd have one dollar

Thallium posted:

Also, Nugs - can we ever expect another of your awesome audio summaries? (And for those that missed his first installment, it's here.)

Oh crud I totally forgot.

I'll get right on that tomorrow.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Red is for excitement!

TigerMoJo
Mar 11, 2008

BLUE! Don't get Adam killed because you're cocky GBS. :(

AnneFrankNBeans
Sep 14, 2004

My brother is hot!
YELLOW

Voted red, but I changed my mind. We need to save Adam! Plan B better be good.

AnneFrankNBeans fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 21, 2008

Darardusaki
Mar 25, 2005

"And God said, 'let there be piggyback rides,' and there were piggyback rides, and He saw that they were good."
Here's to hoping Blue doesn't mess things up for Adam or Pigtails. :[ So much suspense!!!

Godders
Jun 16, 2008
Blue. Plot please!

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

I vote blue - because exposition is good!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
RED

Blue is tempting but if we're reaching the climax, then we need action. ACTION DAMMIT! It looks like holding a gun to Adam's head has pissed Pigtails right off, so lets get her motivated in a "berserker-arm bat-poo poo crazy" sense and RED these motherfuckers into oblivion.

Get that bastard Blondie McCowardface (acting like a loving coward again) to let go of Adam and shoot that 'creepy rear end in a top hat' of a son of his. We have a goddamn mind-control-robo-arm that works on both humans and robots, so let's use the drat thing. We can't be a weak little pigtailed girl forever people; we're a godammned android, mind-controlling, rear end-kicking, BOOM-HEADSHOT machine! gently caress dammit, let's bust this poo poo out with a fight scene that will hit Blondie and Blondie so loving hard their ancestor's will feel it! :black101:

Edit: Lighten the gently caress up, teardrop

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jun 21, 2008

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Roger Explosion posted:

We can't be a weak little pigtailed girl forever people; we're a godammned android, mind-controlling, rear end-kicking, BOOM-HEADSHOT machine!

No, we really aren't. This is not a boom-headshot game, that would be found elsewhere.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Blue please!

MortarBored
Mar 6, 2007
Grad school = Still better than the real world
Blue, but man, if it winds up with that decision and Adam gets shot, I'm going to feel like it's somehow all my fault. :(

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Blue.

Red is too dangerous- he probably alraedy knows about your little power, given the mess you already made; he'll watch for it. And as far as I know, his finger would probably moves faster than you do.

There's a chance, of course, that he won't dare kill Adam; if you display that you have a weapon of your own, he may realise that killing the one thing that stops you from firing is rather unwise.

But like suggested, Adam may end up in deeper trouble if you have him out of sight like that.

Keep him busy talking. Think.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
RED

Corndog Maestro
Sep 23, 2007

The mind transcends the body. It's also a little cold because of that. Please get it a blanket.
Blue. We have to know.

PixieRocker67
Apr 3, 2008

by Fragmaster
red please

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.
Gotta be blue

How can you guys not want to hear more of this story?

Thallium
Mar 14, 2007

Nice thread. NOW WHERE IS OUR CHAINSAW ARM?
:siren: Voting is now closed :siren:

:siren: Red wins by 4 votes :siren:

:siren: Closing thread pending next update :siren:

Thallium
Mar 14, 2007

Nice thread. NOW WHERE IS OUR CHAINSAW ARM?
You use your arm on Dr. Meadowfields. He seems confident that it will have no effect on him - but he doesn't know about the upgrade you received earlier. Under your command, he releases Adam, but you're not done yet; you deliver another order and he aims his gun at his son.

You demand that he tells you what's going on, but he just laughs and tells you that it is far too late - their work will be carried out and you can't stop it. With that, he activates the prototype he's carrying.

You feel...very strange.

Your options:

Red: Destroy or deactivate Protobot. Whatever is happening, it can't possibly be good.
Yellow: Order Dr. Meadowfields to do the above for you - if anything bad happens, it might happen to him instead of you.
Blue: Do nothing. You don't know what will happen if you take action now.

Old Man Fancington
Jul 24, 2007

by T. Mascis
Yellow. We can't trust our powers at this point.

Belle Kumquat
Jun 4, 2008

From fit to fat to...
no, still fat.
Yellow! Better him than you should something go awry.

SweetJuicyTaco
Jun 17, 2007
sour cream on my beef
YELLO!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Not Red. Last time we went Rambo the blue stuff knocked us out good, so let's go with YELLOW