Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

icicle bob posted:

Ask and ye shall receive

Thanks for the compliments folks!

Very impressive stuff, liking it a lot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
I was just listening through Girl Talk's All Day again, and holy poo poo that mashup of Phoenix - 1901 and Ludacris - How Low is just incredible. I'm not a huge fan of either Phoenix or Ludacris, but the end result is just :aaaaa:

I thought at the time and still think that All Day is his strongest album. There's so many great little moments on the album, and unlike Feed the Animals or Night Ripper you actually get a chance to enjoy them a little more.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Agreed, I saw Girl Talk back in March at one of his Sydney shows and holy poo poo it was unreal. One of the best shows I've ever been to.

I always thought I was good at keeping up with mashup music, but I somehow only discovered The White Panda a couple of weeks back. Holy poo poo! If you haven't listened to Bambooyah or Pandamonium, you absolutely should!

I've been looking for a track breakdown for their stuff but haven't had much luck. Have any sperglords put together a big tracklist breakdown for either album? I don't listen to much pop music so I don't recognise most of the samples.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

UnculturedSwine posted:

I've been dying to see GT live. He's coming to Atlanta in September but tickets are $90-$100. I loving love GT, but, drat, that's a lot for a ticket. :(

Is his show worth $100?

Yeah absolutely. I saw him in an old turn-of-the-century theatre in Sydney with no air conditioning, and by the end of the show sweat and condensation were gushing off the ceiling. Kinda gross, but everyone was already covered in confetti and (unused) toilet paper anyway :v:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

A couple of new(ish) tracks from The White Panda:

Losing My Amarok (R.E.M. // Denzal Park)

Wallphones (Maroon 5 // Sultan & Ned Shepard)

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Lakitu7 posted:

Does anybody else do that "mixed lyrics make sense" thing and I just haven't noticed?

Girl Talk has done it a couple of times - off the top of my head I can remember a "we at the hotel-motel Holiday Inn" // "and I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough" mashup on All Day.

But yeah it's not all that common

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Nam Taf posted:

Mashup-Geramny just dropped their Made in Germany promo mix. You can download it via Soundcloud Downloader if you so desire. It's a mix of old samples from the Back to the Future promo mix as well as many new ones. Good poo poo.

e: \/\/\/ You had all day!

This is pretty good, thanks for posting. Some great mashups in there and some pretty average ones too. And way too much German pop music, but I can't really complain about that when it's from Mashup-Germany :v:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Dont even pretend this isnt the best mashup youve heard in ages

https://soundcloud.com/pomdeterrific/pomdeter-call-me-a-hole

and its EXACTLY what a mashup should be. Two totally different genres, one amazing mashup

Yeah, this is really good!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

overtone posted:

Does anyone know who is behind Ludachrist, and why there hasn't been any new material?

I'm not sure offhand, but I think someone posted in the last couple of pages that the guy(s) behind Ludachrist have both moved on to other projects.

edit; top of this page

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Fantastic news!

quote:

The White Panda

Our upcoming album will be titled "Bearly Legal" and is slated for a June release. Get ready.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

That's what I'd expect, yeah. But Pandamonium and Bambooyah are two of my favourite mash up sets and I just want more!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

I like it, though it's nowhere near as good as Bambooyah or Pandamonium. Haven't quite finished listening but there's nothing in there that really makes me sit up and go :wow: like Mo Money Mo Problems/Free Fallin' or Midnight City/Good Life.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Nam Taf posted:

I'm diving in to White Panda right now and listened through both Bearly Legal and Pandamonium today. I had Pandamonium but never actually listened to it. What a mistake that was, these guys are fantastic. This is Milkman-level smooth.

Check out Bambooyah as well, I think it's probably their best.

I couldn't stand that Game of Thrones mashup, changing the time signature just makes the GoT theme lose all of its impact :(

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Listened to Bearly Legal a couple more times over the last few weeks and it's slowly growing on me. I don't think I'll ever like it as much as Bambooyah or Pandamonium, but it's definitely getting better each listen.

The thing I like most is that the base tracks are pretty unique - I find that mashup artists tend to just keep rehashing the same few samples endlessly and it shits me to tears. How many times has Work It or Izzo been sampled? Too loving many. So at least Bearly Legal is an entire mashup album with stuff I haven't heard sampled before.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Supposedly later this year, but afaik that's only based on circumstantial evidence like "he's not touring much this year", and "he's pretty overdue for one".

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

I don't think that's necessarily true - I'd never listened to Linkin Park or Jay-Z, but absolutely loved Collision Course. Likewise for a bunch of samples on Girl Talk and White Panda mixes, I don't listen to much pop music so a lot of it isn't familiar, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

These are both loving awesome :catstare:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Awesome new track from The White Panda:

Queen & David Bowie vs Bruno Mars - Under Treasure

Possibly the first time anyone's ever sampled the vocals from Under Pressure, rather than the bassline?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Sisgmund posted:

I think I have found my favourite mashup of 2013 - https://soundcloud.com/d-j-detweiler/miley-cyrus

This is amazing.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Only just got around to listening to Mouth Silence/Mouth Sounds and man, I wish I'd listened sooner! Awesome stuff, give it a go if you still haven't for whatever reason.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The White Panda are releasing a new mashup album "later this year" as well. There's life in the genre yet!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

:siren: new White Panda album is out :siren:

https://soundcloud.com/whitepandamusic/the-pawprint-final-draft

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

soundflush.com has worked reliably for me for a couple of years now. I use chrome and adblock though, so they might have lovely ads that I've never noticed :shrug:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Been going back through the archives the last few days because, well, that's where all the good mashups are. I don't know why I never really rated White Panda's The Pawprint from 2015, because after a couple of re-listens this week it absolutely slams.

Some killer tracks in there:
Halsey // Syn Cole // Sam Feldt - Bright Young God
Bastille // deadmau5 - Pompeii's Veldt
Naughty by Nature // Steve Winwood - Jamboree Love
2pac // Backstreet Boys - I Want California Love
Warren G & Nate Dogg // Phantogram - Black Out Regulators

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Yeah, Bambooyah is god-tier. This is the best track on the album though, tbh I even prefer it over Kanye's original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV5NcsfP5E0

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

BrainDance posted:

I really think White Panda was the best after the original Girl Talk stuff. Bambooyah! Is legendary (and after years I'm just now getting it, panda, bamboo.)

Yeah I agree tbh, White Panda is the only one that’s ever come close to Girl Talk imo, though I guess it depends what you want to hear out of it. Stuff like Neil Cicierega is always super funny and creative, but I usually can’t listen more than a handful of times. Whereas Girl Talk and White Panda are still on rotation

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

It's good! But not great, imo. There's some good jams in there, but I'm not feeling it as much as previous albums. Maybe it'll grow on me :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Free download of every single White Panda mashup, including full length singles and mixed albums:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t1437sv88owtk4x/AACNoe5jqowEqOaV64BZ_u6Ea?dl=0

Facebook post:
https://www.facebook.com/thewhitepanda/posts/459220145574213

edit; okay it's not even close to every single one, all of my favourites from Pawprint aren't there :mad:

webmeister fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Dec 21, 2021