Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
A little niche, but iamjemboy puts together some of the only listenable video game based mashups I've ever heard. Props for the Cooking Mama themed album. :sparkles:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

MrSargent posted:

Glad people are still enjoying the Big Bootie mixes. Seems like a lifetime ago I was sharing Volume 10 here for the first time.

These are consistently some of the best mash-up albums released. The key IMO is they know exactly how long a sample needs to last, they never linger too long on one.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

DC Murderverse posted:

i'm starting a kickstarter to get this really good mix a better video because i don't want to watch 6 minutes of That Couple Everyone Hates lip-syncing

I'll contribute half. I made it to the third verse.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

It's really a shame. The scene seemed to die around the time Mash Up Your Bootz shut down; which is probably a coincidence. Best of Bootie has been putting out garbage for a long time. I check Soundcloud regularly, and they occasionally have some quality albums, but the majority is trash.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
In addition to the leaders of the genre others have posted, I miss E-603, Milkman, Speaky, and White Noise Mashups. This thread is suddenly such a downer.

VVV I was too.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Dec 23, 2019

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Nam Taf posted:

The White Panda split up and one of them continued on under the name, and still very occasionally releases 'Panda Waves' mixtapes but they're not mashup as their albums were, rather they're more traditional DJ mixes.

Malcolm XML posted:

milkman makes generic edm these days. i guess he needs to pay the bills

SgtScruffy posted:

I saw a White Panda show once, thinking it would be a fun mashup show; instead it was just a regular trap-ish DJ show that was mostly teenagers on E, and then me at like 2x the age of everyone, and it made me immensely uncomfortable.

This all supremely disappointing.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
White Panda is top-tier and still feels fresh. They continue to play shows, it's a shame they aren't releasing albums anymore.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Big Bootie 17 is also out (2 weeks ago) fwiw

Thanks! I always sleep on these. They're worth it.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Thanks for the link; a lot of compilations to be found down this rabbit hole. I've either never come across it or have long forgotten it.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
On Facebook Bruneaux said he’s dropping a new album on June 9th. Whoop whoop!

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Anyone know those all 80's mashups that came out a few year ago, about the same time far cry 3 blood dragon came out and made the perfect background to that.

Blood Bros. Sorry no link; I’m on mobile right now.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I’ll buy this because I dig Harmonix but I can’t imagine it will have a very extensive DLC suite. DJ Hero released pretty close to the rhythm game craze and barely got any DLC.

It would be great if it sells well enough to warrant at least some. 100+ songs is a good start but I’m already groaning at half of the tracks announced.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Thanks for posting this. Never seen that site before and in dire need of some new mashups. Aside from the crap I make in Fuser.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Elendil004 posted:

Hey I've had some bangers in Fuser.

To be fair you can do some pretty cool poo poo in Fuser. I usually put together solid mixes for events but kind of putz around in Freestyle. Every Friday when I buy three DLC songs I hate yet work remarkably well stripped.

That kind of sums up the genre overall I guess.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

hngkong posted:

I've only listened to a couple of minutes, but this is exactly the type of mashup I miss.

I download then rarely listen to the monthly Bootie stuff these days, but if they put out one of these a month it would be heavenly.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Not helpful, but that owns, a sub-genre I totally want into as well.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
poo poo I could have hooked them up with that the day they quit releasing stuff.

edit: ya good on ‘em for doing it officially

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 26, 2021

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
It’s not a mix, it’s a collection of songs. :shrug:

I’d never heard of these guys, thanks. Some good tracks in that and Part I.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

canyonero posted:

White Panda's album that he funded from Kickstarter is out on Friday. Thanks to everyone in this thread that keeps on posting new mashups.

Helllll yeah. His ten-year-old mixes are still in my constant rotation.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Really puts things into perspective how great this is. Full mixes like this rarely drop anymore. The last Bruneaux was even a bust.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Tim Curry Favor posted:

If Neil used his powers for good and not memes he'd be unstoppable.

Agreed. Mad talent, but I’m not really into his genre of parody mashup or whatever you’d call it.

I’ve been listening to the new White Panda once a day since it dropped and can confirm it grows on you. I’d put it solidly in then middle of his output.

Also thanks for the link to the new Booty mix. Those are the two best albums they’ve ever released IMO.

edit: how many of us are playing Fuser? While I don’t particularly think they’re releasing the best songs, the sheer amount of DLC now allows for some pretty sick mixes.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
If you go through the purchasing process they send you a link to everything in one.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Anyone have a working link to Marc Johnce Vol. 3? Somehow I missed it and his website links have been taken down.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

I think they’re still at least doing the monthly, they had a patreon (I think?) for even more stuff, not sure if it’s still going. Also some additional themed albums, etc.

BBM2whatever is due any day now, I think.

Bootie is still going. For that matter, Best of Bootie Mix 2 has been out for months!

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Shiiit, I’m the one behind. Gotta catch up on 20/21. Thanks!

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Double post to say that Big Bootie Mix 20 seems to be “unofficially” out? An earlier link was pulled and this isn’t from their account, but it sounds legit: https://m.soundcloud.com/joshpost69/big-bootie-mix-20

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Every White Panda mashup ever (requires Twitter link and email): https://www.toneden.io/whitepanda/post/white-panda-mashup-discography-2

I gotta say they (now he) are still my #2 behind Girl Talk. Followed by Airport District, Bruneaux, E-603, White Noise in no particular order.

Be interested to see what other goon put in their A-tier.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Those were my thoughts exactly when it dropped. The first half remains memorable after several listens but I wouldn't recognize the second if I heard it.

Also, is Lewis Wake a proflic rip-off artists of other mashers or is my brain mush? I swear every album he drops includes a couple of tracks that I swear I heard years ago.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

DC Murderverse posted:

I actually think All Day is slightly better but all three of the last GT albums are the absolute titans of the genre

Night Ripper for me, but you’re spot-on, that’s Mount Rushmore right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Daaamn, what a find. I love how it mashes names together automatically and occasionally they’re as hosed as the mashes.

Greg Gillis, White Panda, Hood Internet, ya’ll watch your backs. I’m coming for ya.

Criminology Soon is Now?