Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Phatzilla posted:

Game is about 10 years old, i played it as a kid

It was a plasticine world a la Abe's odyssey.

Skullmonkeys? I never played it myself, sadly, but I remember it being a unique claymation platformer set in the Neverhood world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Gleng posted:

EDIT 2: I have one. It's a very early FPS on the PS1. It was set on Mars (I think). Some levels were inside a space station, and some were outside. One gun shot blue electric poo poo. It wasn't anything to do with Red Faction. That's all I've got. :(

Disruptor? I remember having fun with it, and it even had psionics! I do remember a gun that shot blue poo poo, like an electrical discharge.

Ah beaten on page 3

The Shortest Hobbit posted:

Another game that I believe was on the PS1, you were in a mech-suit and you went around a dungeon like maze and it was scary.

BRAHMA Force: The Assault on Beltlogger 9 reminds me of that. I know someone already mentioned BRAHMA Force, and I think this one was the last game made. Was actually pretty scary from what I remember, and now that i think back on it was a lot like System Shock II, but not as good.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jun 13, 2008

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
This would be an old PS1 game, from like 1995 or 1996. 3rd-person view action-adventure game with hand-to-hand combat, I think with polygonal characters on drawn static backgrounds. The first enemies you fight are either shadow people or appeared as completely black due to a glitch (I remember my friend and I couldn't get far in the game at all due to what may have been "glitches"). I remember the soundtrack being sort of technoish and weird. I vaguely remember an intro movie having to do with your character being a martial arts fighter who is kidnapped or something, but that might be a false memory.

Edit: The first area I remember being a sort of barren alien landscape that might have been pinkish.

Also, could a mod finally sticky this or something? There's a new one of these threads every week.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 13, 2008

Veth
May 13, 2002
Homeless Pariah
A few years ago, someone posted a demo of a game they (or their company) had made. It was an Elite/Tradewars/X3-style space trading game, but had an FPS portion when you were docked at stations. Not particularly fancy graphics, but was still fun.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Capsaicin posted:

The first two are from one of those "1001 games on two CDs!" type of things. One was a 3D type of game like Block-Out (the kind where you have a paddle and you break bricks). You saw the level from the view of the paddle itself. The levels were fashioned so they looked like rooms. The passwords for the first set of levels were Hyrdogen, Helium, Lithium, etc.

That would be Break Free(or something to that effect)!

Machismo
Mar 29, 2007

I'm a rapist! Who cares if there's no evidence, I'm guilty until innocent!
Wow. So many neat games and so many I have no clue of.

Anyone remember an old NES game. It was a side-scroller RPG where you go go left AND right and explore this massive dungeon. I think you had several characters at the start but I may be wrong. Right at the start, you begin at a house and a moment later there is a big white castle in the background. Later in the early part there is a massive sculpture of a dragon embedded in a wall.

I think the name was Dragon something. Maybe legacy or legend in the name to. Maybe quest.

EDIT: N/M!!! I found it. Legacy of the Wizard!

Jemak
Dec 27, 2003

Go to JAIL.
Go directly to JAIL.
Do not pass GO.
Do not collect :200bux:

Machismo posted:

It was a side-scroller RPG where you go go left AND right and explore this massive dungeon.

Hehe, I remember when this was a new and exciting concept.

I'm glad you found it, that was a fun game...but very very strange.

Phatzilla
Aug 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Social Animal posted:

The Neverhood? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Neverhood

Need more details for that though.

yeah thats the one, nice.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I was just about to post Legacy of the Wizard, it's one of my favorite NES games. When I was younger my dad sat on my cartridge and I thought he broke it and made one of the characters invulnerable. Turns out they were just invulnerable anyway. :buddy:

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude

Cidrick posted:

Relentless in the US, or Twinsen's Adventure in Europe. Amazing, amazing game.

Thanks, that's the one!

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

BethelBAR posted:

Okay, this was a demo I played in the mid 90's, a side scrolling platform game where you were a wizard, all I can really remember is that you healed by drinking from water fountains. That's all I've got.

Was it Baron Baldric? http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=4052

There was a sequel but it was isometric so I doubt it was that one.

Big Beat Manifesto
Mar 13, 2007

Big Bad Bazooka Tooth
I remember playing this side-scroller in the earlier nineties on either the genesis or sega saturn where you play as this nerdy kid with glasses who gets stranded on a tropic island. I only played the game for a little while but I remember that when you saw the first enemy (I think it was a giant turtle) the character's legs start shaking and he runs away.

I wish I could remember more because I've been trying to remember the name of this game for over a decade.

pud
Jul 9, 2001

chimpParade posted:

I remember playing this side-scroller in the earlier nineties on either the genesis or sega saturn where you play as this nerdy kid with glasses who gets stranded on a tropic island. I only played the game for a little while but I remember that when you saw the first enemy (I think it was a giant turtle) the character's legs start shaking and he runs away.

I wish I could remember more because I've been trying to remember the name of this game for over a decade.

Lester the Unlikely.

Runaway Five
Dec 31, 2007
I hate gays almost as much as I hate good posting. Also, God is good. Amen
I remembered one more game. Watched my friend play it at his house. I think it was possibly on a CD (This was back when CD games were still new).

So, platform was a PC, CD game, probably early nineties.

You were a member of some "time travel protection" government thing. Your job was to travel through time if necessary and keep history correct. The game was serious, done with "realistic at the time" graphics.

You didn't move smoothly like you did in FPS. It had a first person view, but as you moved, the background would change/advance to a new background.

The game begins by you being scanned for a chip in your head as you enter some secret government building you are a part of. You can watch videos the "computer" in the game has which shows how history should have gone versus what went wrong. I remember one being a meteor either hitting or not hitting.

So, you go back in time to dinosaur times (where you can be killed or fall off a cliff) to retrieve a CD which is there because "it would be safe in the past if ever needed." It had history on it or something.

So, that's about all I remember.

A first person non-smooth moving time travel game with a CD you get in the past.

When you time traveled, you got a "wavy like effect" similar to Chrono Trigger.

Does this remind anyone of anything?

Runaway Five fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 14, 2008

Big Beat Manifesto
Mar 13, 2007

Big Bad Bazooka Tooth

pud posted:

Lester the Unlikely.

drat, you are loving awesome. My cousin told me I was just making it up.

Haircut Insurance
Aug 3, 2006

Runaway Five posted:

I remembered one more game. Watched my friend play it at his house. I think it was possibly on a CD (This was back when CD games were still new).

You were a member of some "time travel protection" government thing. Your job was to travel through time if necessary and keep history correct. The game was serious, done with "realistic at the time" graphics.

You didn't move smoothly like you did in FPS. It had a first person view, but as you moved, the background would change/advance to a new background.

The game begins by you being scanned for a chip in your head as you enter some secret government building you are a part of. You can watch videos the "computer" in the game has which shows how history should have gone versus what went wrong. I remember one being a meteor either hitting or not hitting.

So, you go back in time to dinosaur times (where you can be killed or fall off a cliff) to retrieve a CD which is there because "it would be safe in the past if ever needed." It had history on it or something.

A first person non-smooth moving time travel game with a CD you get in the past.

That makes me think of The Journeyman Project, but I don't remember travelling to the past in the one that I played. There were a couple of sequels though, so it might have been one of those.

Runaway Five
Dec 31, 2007
I hate gays almost as much as I hate good posting. Also, God is good. Amen

Haircut Insurance posted:

That makes me think of The Journeyman Project, but I don't remember travelling to the past in the one that I played. There were a couple of sequels though, so it might have been one of those.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Journeyman_Project

That is it! This thread is amazing :)

Methos
Jan 3, 2005
Easy Target

FrothyDawg posted:

Yes! I've been waiting for this thread to resurface!

There was this RTS I remember playing back in the late 90's. The game had some sort of medieval setting...and I believe it was developed in the UK. I recall it being pretty entertaining but all I remember from the actual gameplay was that the archers had a really distinct sound to them and the units walked around rather slowly. I know this is vague as gently caress but it's been driving me crazy for a while.

Anybody?

This made me think of Lords of the Realm II.

Pseudo-God
Mar 13, 2006

I just love oranges!
I am looking for a NES game that I used to play when I was little. It was a top down action driving game, where you controled an upgradeable car that shot through two cannons, placed on the left and right side of the car. One button would fire, the other would rotate the cannons up to 180 degrees, both at the same time.
I am also looking for an old emulator, for an old system. It's very vague, but the other thing I remember about it was that it had a brick layout for the background. Pre NES I believe.

Salvanis
Dec 10, 2005
Insert text here.

Pseudo-God posted:

I am looking for a NES game that I used to play when I was little. It was a top down action driving game, where you controled an upgradeable car that shot through two cannons, placed on the left and right side of the car. One button would fire, the other would rotate the cannons up to 180 degrees, both at the same time.
Super Spy Hunter.

joecool37
Mar 8, 2008

Aristotle's Four Elements
I am looking for an arcade game I played some 15-16 years ago. It was a top down shooter in the very similar vein of Ikari Warriors in that it was top down and you could rotate your army/commando guy to fire in any direction as you moved. The difference (and the fun part, IMO) between this and Ikari was that this shooter was more free range, so you could move the screen left, right, up and down rather than just straight up. Another difference is that you could shoot a lot more stuff on screen, like cows and chickens and wrecked aircraft.

The only thing I remember about the name is that it included a calibur of a gun. It was something like .357 or .45 or something.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
Baseball game for the NES. It was kind of silly; I'm pretty sure one of the stadiums was on the moon. I think you could break windows when you hit homeruns.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

joecool37 posted:

I am looking for an arcade game I played some 15-16 years ago. It was a top down shooter in the very similar vein of Ikari Warriors in that it was top down and you could rotate your army/commando guy to fire in any direction as you moved. The difference (and the fun part, IMO) between this and Ikari was that this shooter was more free range, so you could move the screen left, right, up and down rather than just straight up. Another difference is that you could shoot a lot more stuff on screen, like cows and chickens and wrecked aircraft.

The only thing I remember about the name is that it included a calibur of a gun. It was something like .357 or .45 or something.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Sounds like Caliber .50 to me.

InvadErGII
May 29, 2008
I'm trying to find an old PC game...maybe Windows 95 or so, perhaps even older. It was 2D, had a number of action/platforming type levels, and was broken up with towns that reminded me of Zelda II on NES. I wish I could remember more vividly, but...hopefully someone will remember this. I'll try and clarify as much as I can if needed.

joecool37
Mar 8, 2008

Aristotle's Four Elements

Panic Restaurant posted:

Sounds like Caliber .50 to me.

Oh yeah, you got it Panic. It was Caliber .50. Thanks. I just remember the game being insanely fun and my friend watching me play and making funny action movie comments. Now if I can just find a doable rom for it...

Weirdoman
Jun 12, 2001

I was walking down the street when I saw a bovus. And then it hit me...I was hit by a bovus.
Anyone remember this game where you had 1 screen, and all your little guy had to do was find the princess/key/whatever? After you 'found' it the credits begin to roll and some sappy song (by chicago?) starts playing.

I remember this was posted about maybe 4 years ago on sa.

Bongzilla
Oct 16, 2007

by Fragmaster

Runaway Five posted:

This reminds me of a 3D time travelling game where you visited various warzones and such..

Does anyone remember it? PC only, CD, same timeframe. I think it was more action based in the game and had "Time" in the name. i remember a robotic shark in one zone.

Siege
Aug 4, 2003
Grimey Drawer

Weirdoman posted:

Anyone remember this game where you had 1 screen, and all your little guy had to do was find the princess/key/whatever? After you 'found' it the credits begin to roll and some sappy song (by chicago?) starts playing.

I remember this was posted about maybe 4 years ago on sa.

Quest for the Crown, what a game

http://www.lanceandeskimo.com/flash/quest.html

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Bongzilla posted:

This reminds me of a 3D time travelling game where you visited various warzones and such..

Does anyone remember it? PC only, CD, same timeframe. I think it was more action based in the game and had "Time" in the name. i remember a robotic shark in one zone.

Hell Cab? You play as a taxi driver who picks up the devil and winds up going through a bunch of different time periods; I remember gladiatorial combat in Rome and World War 1.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
A browser based MMO where you started off as a hobo and made your way up to be a king. Anyone know what that is? I remember starting it once and then fogot about it. I got a mail a month later saying my dude had starved to death. It was very :smith:

Unboxing Day
Nov 4, 2003

I remember downloading a freeware/shareware game way back in the Windows 3.1/95 days that played a lot like a poor man's Civilization (this was before I knew what Civilization was). It was top-down and you had bases and could build units and move those units X number of spaces per turn, but maps were only as large as the screen and I don't remember anything along the lines of technology/diplomacy/whatever. Jog anyone's memory?

TwoShanks
Feb 27, 2007

Robots of the world unite

Bongzilla posted:

Sounds like Time Commando to me, though it was also on PSX and Saturn.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I remember playing a demo of a PS1 game set on a space station which was in danger of falling into the sun. It was a first person RPG and if you followed the dialogue tree correctly, you could make the NPCs make the most hilarious 'disappointed' face I've ever seen.

Anyone recall this one?

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jun 16, 2008

Thello
Jan 14, 2007

Captain's Log...

Diligent Deadite posted:

I remember playing a demo of a PS1 game set on a space station which was in danger of falling into the sun. It was a first person RPG and if you followed the dialogue tree correctly, you could make the NPCs make the most hilarious 'disappointed' face I've ever seen.

Anyone recall this one?
Sentient.

Huh. It almost looks like the movie Sunshine paid some weird homage to Sentient. Both ships are called Icarus and they both look similar.

Thello fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 16, 2008

MGDRAGOON
May 28, 2003

What you say!?!
It's been so long since I've seen this, like since I was 8 or so, but it was a cabinet back in the late 80s or early 90s that had three controllers that were like jet fighter joysticks that had three buttons each, one stick was red, one was blue and one was green, and you controlled one of three different things walking around a space station or something. It might've also had 3 screens, but maybe not. Sorry for being vague, it's been a really long time since I saw it and that may or may not be accurate.

vvv yep, thats it! thanks, this has been bothering me for a few years.

MGDRAGOON fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 16, 2008

Gleng
Jun 23, 2004

48KB of Infinite Boobs

MGDRAGOON posted:

It's been so long since I've seen this, like since I was 8 or so, but it was a cabinet back in the late 80s or early 90s that had three controllers that were like jet fighter joysticks that had three buttons each, one stick was red, one was blue and one was green, and you controlled one of three different things walking around a space station or something. It might've also had 3 screens, but maybe not. Sorry for being vague, it's been a really long time since I saw it and that may or may not be accurate.

Xenophobe

Bongzilla
Oct 16, 2007

by Fragmaster

TwoShanks posted:

Sounds like Time Commando to me, though it was also on PSX and Saturn.

Thank you, that's the one!

MyronGognitti
Jun 15, 2008

by zen death robot
I remember some first person adventure game with real actors, you started out in a hotel where some guy with a baseball bat gives you your hotel room key.

The only other notable thing about the game is that interacting with something made bees shoot out at you.

markovmodelcitizen
May 17, 2008

We all Post Down Here...
Oven Wrangler
I'm not sure if this game was on C64/128 or Amiga, but it was a 2D, sidescrolling adventure game, and was set in a "dark" futuristic setting.
I think the story was that you had crashed on some alien planet, and had to collect parts to fix your ship. Most of the game time was spent underground in tunnels. If I remember correctly, the main character was a guy in a green uniform, and had some kind of gray (?) pet/sidekick that would turn into a ball and follow him around.

Does this seem vaguely familiar to anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoublePLayer
May 6, 2008

by Shine
This may be very hard, since it's an asian game and I don't even know if it was Japanese, Chinese or Korean and whatnot. I found the demo of this game on a cd from 199..7? I could be a bit off, since it was so long ago.

The game was all in anime style graphics, you were walking as a little girl on a board game [with tiles and stuff] and you used cards to move [like dice] to another tile. You had an opponent... I don't know how to describe her [Its face looked feminine, but I could be wrong]. It had wings was white with some purple face-paint.

When you moved to a tile with some weirdass face on it, you had to fight a monster, again, using cards. You could use the moving card to escape the battle or use attacking cards that were divided in three... let's say elements; fire, ice and wind.

Plus you had support cards like slowing down your enemy or countering the attacks. Each card had minimum 1 second 'cast time' the maximum being, I think, 6 seconds. One of the support cards would make the opponent wait longer to use the card, sometimes even longer than those 6 seconds [which was represented with a dot].

Both attacking and supporting cards could level up as the game called it by using a... Level Up card, nonetheless, which dropped from the monsters on boards or from a specific tile on board.

Back to the non-battle gameplay; halfway through the demo you were teleported to one of the corners of the 'map' and you... woke up? I don't know, but somehow there would appear a third 'player' on the 'map' which was a little girl... Very little.

If I didn't suck at drawing I would draw you this game, I remember it so vividly.
And if someone would play the music from the game, I would recognise it anywhere, anytime.
I can't remember the dialogues since the game was korean/japanese/chinese/some other Asian language.
I wish you good luck, I looked for this game for minimum 6 years now and still can't find it nor the name of the game.

One more thing, I don't know if it was an exclusive for PC, but that's the only version I've played.

DoublePLayer fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 17, 2008

• Locked thread