Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1092 »
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Thank God is has that high speed low drag optic in the back.

Craptacular posted:

probably some drat furry

YUP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Captain Log posted:

Thank God is has that high speed low drag optic in the back.

YUP!

Lol

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Sometimes I hate the internet. Most of these subcultures wouldn't exist if these people didn't know how to find each other.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Are these grips extra tactical? Or do they have a skin condition?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-Mark...mCondition=3000

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Detroit

College Slice

Furries existed long before the internet, they were probably using letters in the mail to yiff before we were born.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Sometimes I hate the internet. Most of these subcultures wouldn't exist if these people didn't know how to find each other.

The flip side is that itís been a boon to other subcultures. Take the example of a LGBTF teen in rural Mississippi without the internet and the ability to talk to some sympathetic people, for example.

On a less high stakes note itís also improved hobbyist poo poo immensely. The total number of people world wide who really care about old German rifles isnít high in absolute numbers and the internet has made it a LOT easier to get quality info on them and how to spot fakes etc. The 80s by contrast was the wild loving west with some real shitheads passing crap off at gunshows that wouldnít pass muster for half a second today.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

In the grand scheme of what's out there on the Internet, furries don't even register as being slightly objectionable and making fun of them stopped being funny to me many years ago.

ThinkFear
Sep 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/robbiesets/stat...650990041133057

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

The flip side is that itís been a boon to other subcultures. Take the example of a LGBTF teen in rural Mississippi without the internet and the ability to talk to some sympathetic people, for example.

On a less high stakes note itís also improved hobbyist poo poo immensely. The total number of people world wide who really care about old German rifles isnít high in absolute numbers and the internet has made it a LOT easier to get quality info on them and how to spot fakes etc. The 80s by contrast was the wild loving west with some real shitheads passing crap off at gunshows that wouldnít pass muster for half a second today.

(I love the internet and the way it puts people together. But furries with guns hurts my brain hole, so a joke was made. Never listen to me.)

Jehde
Apr 20, 2010

Who protects?

Grimey Drawer

Dip Viscous posted:

In the grand scheme of what's out there on the Internet, furries don't even register as being slightly objectionable and making fun of them stopped being funny to me many years ago.

I find it really hard to care about what furries do in current year. The vast majority of which are perfectly safe and consensual and form supportive and inclusive communities, and are usually not the minority nazi or pedo sects.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

All that's true and we're a long way from 15-20 years ago but lol I'm still making fun of em for being grownass adults wearing animal costumes I mean c'mon that's pretty funny.

I did find it amusing that one of the ICP guys' daughter came out as a furry and he was super supportive so now furries are just allied to juggalos.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

When I think of furries with guns, I get mentally flooded with images of weird nazi furries.

I'm not going to take a closer look to see if I'm being prejudiced against regular furries with guns.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

I will always think furries are weird/funny but thatís about the end of it. Canít imagine getting all pissed about them except for some folksí BO/stinky suits problems.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

I will always think furries are weird/funny but thatís about the end of it. Canít imagine getting all pissed about them except for some folksí BO/stinky suits problems.

Most of the time I really can't be bothered to give a gently caress.

That said, I did have one fairly recent incident (a year or two back) that kind of reminded me of the knee jerk anti furry reaction. I was staying in a hotel with my wife out of town and there was a furry con near by. A couple of them were (literally) prancing around the lobby and just generally being a nuisance and acting like they were entertainers at a theme park. Like, gently caress man, I just wanna get checked in and maybe grab a drink at the bar. Don't do this poo poo right now, take it to the conference room or wherever you're supposed to be.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

That said, I did have one fairly recent incident (a year or two back) that kind of reminded me of the knee jerk anti furry reaction. I was staying in a hotel with my wife out of town and there was a furry con near by. A couple of them were (literally) prancing around the lobby and just generally being a nuisance and acting like they were entertainers at a theme park. Like, gently caress man, I just wanna get checked in and maybe grab a drink at the bar. Don't do this poo poo right now, take it to the conference room or wherever you're supposed to be.

That is exactly what I've always read or seen on the internet. Hell, there was a video about how Furry Cons can't ever be held in the same place twice because they are such classless assholes to the entire establishment.

I cannot for the life of me remember the documentary about it I watched. But the hotel apparently had full loving diapers left everywhere.

If I was a furry, I wouldn't associate with those people literally making GBS threads in hallways. You know, I can say that applies to any and every group out there. Except for maybe babies. They get a free pass.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

My biggest issue with them is when they include others without their consent in their sex play by doing their nonsense in public, and double they are scum when they start interacting with unsuspecting children in their sex suits

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Internet Wizard posted:

when they start interacting with unsuspecting children in their sex suits

Holy God, that's a thing? Should I even ask?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

What if we took the worst parts of Improv Everywhere and added some extra kink and sex stuff?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Proč bychom se netěšili když nám Pán Bůh zdraví dá?

Captain Log posted:

Holy God, that's a thing? Should I even ask?

A lot of furries are stunted adults who think of themselves as ďchildren at heartĒ and like to demonstrate this by goofing around with kids. Children are drawn to them because the sex suits furries like to wear in public are mistaken for Disney style mascot costumes. Itís all super gross

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!

Nap Ghost

Cyrano4747 posted:

Furries and Juggaloes coming out in force against Nazis and the like raised them quite a few steps in my books, so yeah I mostly just ignore them. That said they still tend to draw an obnoxious subset and like the Nerd Social Fallacy are far too tolerant of unacceptable behavior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLmD_69pXpk

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

They're definitely on my short list of kinks worth shaming. I made the mistake of letting an internet friend show me a fanfic they were working on. When you can describe a dog's erect penis in excruciating detail, you need to seek help.

Jehde
Apr 20, 2010

Who protects?

Grimey Drawer

Captain Log posted:

If I was a furry, I wouldn't associate with those people literally making GBS threads in hallways. You know, I can say that applies to any and every group out there. Except for maybe babies. They get a free pass.

My understanding is that they are better about self-policing these days, like many online communities. You know how TFR tends to get painted with a broad brush of disgust?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Captain Log posted:

That is exactly what I've always read or seen on the internet. Hell, there was a video about how Furry Cons can't ever be held in the same place twice because they are such classless assholes to the entire establishment.

I cannot for the life of me remember the documentary about it I watched. But the hotel apparently had full loving diapers left everywhere.

Rainfurrest con, if I remember the name right. They were banned from every hotel on that half of the state.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Jehde posted:

My understanding is that they are better about self-policing these days, like many online communities. You know how TFR tends to get painted with a broad brush of disgust?

It took them until the 2016 election to actually do anything about it though. There was a looooong time when nazi furs were open and unabashed and welcomed into the greater community with open arms

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Which election year made the gun community stop being full of white supremacist weirdos?

I don't think that the furry community is any more full of sex pests than the gun community is full of people that own guns for the reasons most people think a person owns guns for.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Oh well thatís fine then, thereís definitely nothing wrong with the gun community

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

That's why I think "this subculture shouldn't exist" is one hell of a take for people posting on a firearm focused subforum of Something Awful.

LingcodKilla
Dec 28, 2002

I ate too much crab and transformed into this.

Internet Wizard posted:

My biggest issue with them is when they include others without their consent in their sex play by doing their nonsense in public, and double they are scum when they start interacting with unsuspecting children in their sex suits

This. Never had to but as a parent Iíll tell a furry trying to interact with my kids to gently caress right off.

This literally goes for any adult furry or not.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Dip Viscous posted:

That's why I think "this subculture shouldn't exist" is one hell of a take for people posting on a firearm focused subforum of Something Awful.

Who said "shouldn't exist?"

Also, like I said earlier, it was a joke. Maybe it was a bad one.

Captain Log posted:

(I love the internet and the way it puts people together. But furries with guns hurts my brain hole, so a joke was made. Never listen to me.)

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

LingcodKilla posted:

This. Never had to but as a parent Iíll tell a furry trying to interact with my kids to gently caress right off.

One of the better public examples of how to do this better/right was with a group of Star Wars cosplayers who apparently were good enough to get paid gigs, but would attend Special Olympics for free as volunteers. Their method was to have the Jedi and stormtroopers be kind of aloof and standoffish, even if kids ran up to them. If a kid was eagerly trying to get a hug or a picture or whatever, they'd turn to the parents with some line like "Patience and balance are the way of the force. Is this youngling ready for training?" This was a troupe that literally had both local and federal police background checks and TB tests done on them and had child caretaker licenses and poo poo, otherwise they wouldn't be allowed at the venue.

It did a couple things:

1. Let the parent say "No" and take their kid away
2. Let the parent play along if the kid was just pumped about Leia and Jedi and Darth Vader and such (plus one of the cosplayers' kids was dressed as an Ewok).
3. If the kid was acting out and avoiding mom/dad rules, it let the parents say they were not yet ready for training, calm the kid(s) down, then let the kid(s) go get pictures or a lightsaber mockfight with the Jedi.

So basically what I'm saying is that there are ways to be fantasy entertainers for kids without just being some weirdo in a fox outfit at a hotel.

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

My favorite furry documentary short film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmULc5VANsw

Steeltalon fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 24, 2020

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Steeltalon posted:

Hah! That's one of the things I saw!

Thank you. It was driving me crazy.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Steeltalon posted:

I went to my YT to double check I had the name right...from that same video

Proper Kerni ng
Nov 14, 2011

Throw down whatever generalizations you want about the furry community, but most of them are single nerds in the IT field and have huge piles of cash money lyin' around to spend on their hobby; I have several artist friends who make high five figure annual bank drawin' weirdly-colored anthropomorphic characters with weirdly-shaped wang-dang-doodles.

why is the brake all crusty looking, has it been used as a strategically placed opening

Internet Wizard posted:

Oh well that’s fine then, there’s definitely nothing wrong with the gun community
"Excuse you, Mister History Doctor Man, we are selling these Rhodesian Ridgeback fursuits because we think they're cool dogs and never looked into where they came from, we are tailors and fitters and costume-makers, not historical activists"

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Not so serious question, what would be the gun equivalent of Groverhaus?

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

RandomPauI posted:

Snabb semi auto conversion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy7d5dN1A1o

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

RandomPauI posted:

Zip 22. A gun so bad it destroyed a company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9bULArrKs4

EorayMel
May 29, 2015

You got the fluffy kitty kitty!

CainFortea posted:

Zip 22. A gun so bad it destroyed a company.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9bULArrKs4

but with one of those extended Ruger magazines and a suppressor as big as the zip itself

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I kind of want a ZIP22 but they're also kind of scary. I've talked to three different people who have shot them and every person had it explode on them in a different way. It feels like one of those things I would just immediately regret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"

RandomPauI posted:

ARoVPD

«1092 »