Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

XD is bad gun?

boxen posted:

Someone needs to stipple an XD with "LOL" on the grip.

I would do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

J.A.B.C. posted:

XD is bad gun?

I would do this.

I wouldn't call it bad. But I would say most guns out there in the same price range are better choices. If you're grabbing an XD over a SIG or Glock, I've got questions.

Still better than a mush triggered randomly firing Taurus.

(If someone is about to swoop in here and tell me XDs cost $250 these days disregard my post.)

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Plus if you buy an XD everyone thinks you're using an emoji for target practice.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Captain Log posted:

(If someone is about to swoop in here and tell me XDs cost $250 these days disregard my post.)

Exactly the opposite. They used to be like 250-300 and a good buy back in like 2008. Now they're inexplicably $glock and this is why I make fun of them.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Log posted:

Still better than a mush triggered randomly firing Taurus.

To me, they’re about the same as a Taurus.

https://youtu.be/PShoOEUjlGg

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

infrared35 posted:

To me, they’re about the same as a Taurus.

https://youtu.be/PShoOEUjlGg

Dont talk poo poo about the McRib.

If anything its a gas station burger.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

I don't know about their sweet potato fries but I heard Arby's has the Tier 1 fish sandwich so wanna try it.

Also, the McRib patty is just a flat hot dog wiener.

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Exactly the opposite. They used to be like 250-300 and a good buy back in like 2008. Now they're inexplicably $glock and this is why I make fun of them.

XDs used to be so popular on this forum. TBH they were a pretty good option back then. I bought the 5" version and had the slide matte chromed as the factory finish was garbage and they were prone to rusting. Good times. I'd take an XD over pretty much any Taurus anytime.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Check out my hot takes because I'm a straight white male

Mosins also used to be super popular on this forum. Both used to be cheap entry-level options for people new to the hobby. Now both cost significantly more than they're worth.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Styles Bitchley posted:

XDs used to be so popular on this forum. TBH they were a pretty good option back then. I bought the 5" version and had the slide matte chromed as the factory finish was garbage and they were prone to rusting. Good times. I'd take an XD over pretty much any Taurus anytime.

They were cheap as hell and worked and for some people just pointed well. I still have one, but I will be replacing it soon as a carry gun. And I haven’t carried it in years and years anyway.

As a comparatively cheap 9mm with accessories to practice with before I had any money? Pretty good! As a tool to stake my life on now that I have the money to get something better and after another 15 years of gun R&D? Nah.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Dick Burglar posted:

Mosins also used to be super popular on this forum. Both used to be cheap entry-level options for people new to the hobby. Now both cost significantly more than they're worth.

It's not just us. My stepdad learned on a garand bought by his father out of a barrel at a hardware store back when that was a thing. One era's reasonably good and cheap entry level firearm loses such qualities in later eras.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

I know. It's just a matter of the surplus drying up enough that it's no longer flooding the market, and the price floor quickly rises as a result.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

In college I considered a Mosin and SKS and Rock Island 1911 until I shot them myself at a college (not goon) meet and shoot and was... unimpressed.

Mosin: loud but had a cantankerous bolt
SKS: slamfired, was immediately put away.
RIA 1911: FTF all day

Maybe those guys didn’t maintain their weapons well...

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Proč bychom se netěšili když nám Pán Bůh zdraví dá?

Man... remember the ability to buy a literal crate of M/Ns for like $80 apiece?

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Yeah I paid $80 for my M44. We were spoiled. Some people will kick themselves for not paying $300 for one now when they had the chance.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

My SKS in 2006 cost $159.

For what it's worth, I've never sold a gun at a loss. That includes gun stores.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Scratch Monkey posted:

Man... remember the ability to buy a literal crate of M/Ns for like $80 apiece?

I bought 5 Turkish Mausers for $99.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Styles Bitchley posted:

Yeah I paid $80 for my M44. We were spoiled. Some people will kick themselves for not paying $300 for one now when they had the chance.

My Dad and I have an M48A with original cleaning kit, bayonet, all matching numbers in 07 for like 250 bucks. Still looks like new.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

I’m getting nostalgic for Mitchell’s Mausers and ATI stocks

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Noooooooo!

The old guy is now posting things saying his son is taking "Custom Orders" and can "Do Anything."

Stop putting wonky rear end treble clefs on your guns, god damnit.

(Yes I know it doesn't look awful. But the concept of a music symbol on a gun for his choir singing old dad is so )

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Do you hear the people sing? If not, this guy’s son can help!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Old Man Music Gun is also obnoxiously southern Baptist style religious.

So his guns are probably one or two steps away from having Jesus on the grip going into nothingness.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I want a Cher commemorative Glock. Like 70s vintage Cher.

shalafi4
Feb 20, 2011

another medical bills avatar

XD's are one of the few guns I've shot that I flat out don't like.

It is 110% *me* issues with them.

grip angle/shape doesn't fit my hands at all. Trigger pull length is in a really awkward spot for me so I either have to crane my trigger finger way out or have to pull with the joint (not the middle the joint it's *just* in that awkward spot) And the recoil impulse on them fucks with my wrist. (I had my wrist put back together after dislocating every bone and breaking my arm at the same time... fun times)

Weird thing with the recoil, it's not the amount of recoil but how hard/when it hits.

Glock 20 zero issues and can shoot full power 10mm most of an afternoon.

most 45's. no issue.

cz75 in 9mm no issue.

beretta 92 can't shoot more than a magazine before my wrist starts screaming at me. (XC's do the same thing, 9 or 40)

Sigs in all sorts of calibers haven't had any issue.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

bulletsponge13 posted:

Only if she is going

sneakyfrog
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

i had an xd 40 sub as my ccw

it sucked to shoot and was aggressively unfun

I literally gave it away to a friend who remarked man this gun sucks

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

shalafi4 posted:

grip angle/shape doesn't fit my hands at all.

Same for me but 1st/2nd gen glocks. I’m told they’ve improved since then but I’ve never shot them

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Captain Log posted:

Old Man Music Gun is also obnoxiously southern Baptist style religious.

So his guns are probably one or two steps away from having Jesus on the grip going into nothingness.

Southern Baptist here. My Glock has a unicorn on it.

Have you considered decaf?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Scratch Monkey posted:

Same for me but 1st/2nd gen glocks. I’m told they’ve improved since then but I’ve never shot them

glocks of any size/caliber all spit brass in my face, no other handgun has done it and I have no explanation.

No real loss though, glocks are ugly and boring

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Yeah but how many other brands make sweet 10mms that 1) don't cost a fortune and 2) actually run/don't beat themselves to death, huh???

Yes I know 10mm is stupid. I don't care. I'm stupid.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

PhotoKirk posted:

Southern Baptist here. My Glock has a unicorn on it.

Have you considered decaf?

Which is objectively the best Glock.

Don't try to act like you don't know the exact type of old guy I'm talking about. I bet we could individually describe him to a sketch artist and come up with the same picture.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

JEEVES420 posted:

glocks of any size/caliber all spit brass in my face, no other handgun has done it and I have no explanation.

Limp-wristing. Grip the poo poo out of one next time and see if that makes a difference.

Or it could be an ammo problem. But if the same ammo performs "normally" in other guns, then it's probably limp-wristing.

AKZ
Nov 4, 2009

JEEVES420 posted:

glocks are ugly and boring

I like glocks for both of these reasons.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Slur, your fighting style is extremely problematic!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Must be a hazard to power lines though

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised

bulletsponge13 posted:

Goes well with the Princess Di commemorative revolver

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Goes well with the Princess Di commemorative revolver

Princess Diana Edition Mercedes S-Klasse. Black paint on black and blue interior. Free liveried valet until first accident. No airbags. Sweet potato warmer between the back seats.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Can't hotlink images from Twitter.

It's better if you don't fix the link, though.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

This should be a reasonable thing to prevent someone from owning a firearm ever again

I did not quote because seeing that picture once is enough to make me want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty melon baller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So the anime girl loves whoever it is you're killing?