Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

BEAR WITNESS TO THE FITNESS OF THE MODERN WARRIOR!!!

:wheezes breathlessly while trying to fill a gas can:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Considerate of bolt action operator there to put on a mask first

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

Yeah but don't tell me you wouldn't be interested in a modern DeLisle style carbine that took glock mags.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Seamonster posted:

Yeah but don't tell me you wouldn't be interested in a modern DeLisle style carbine that took glock mags.

I bought an SMLE action for a song a few years ago. My current dumb thought idea is a 9×39 Faux Delisle

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

Thermos posted:

Switching to CQB on my tactical bolt action.

I dunno why people do this. It feels so dumb to tactical out a friggen bolt action of all things

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Because you can.

Atticus_1354
Dec 9, 2006

Don't you go near that dog, you understand? Don't go near him, he's just as dangerous dead as alive.

SocketWrench posted:

I dunno why people do this. It feels so dumb to tactical out a friggen bolt action of all things

Really looks like a gun setup for a place where semiautomatic are heavily regulated.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

Bingo

Due to our current political climate, most of our manufacturers are very hesitant to being new semi-autos to market.

I don't hate the idea (the remmy 700 sbr looks cool, aside from being a remington..) I just find these marketing photos really goofy.

Esit: As always, the line between tactical and tacticlol is a fine one.

Thermos fucked around with this message at 11:16 on May 15, 2021

EorayMel
May 29, 2015

You got the fluffy kitty kitty!

Atticus_1354 posted:

Really looks like a gun setup for a place where semiautomatic are heavily regulated.

And/or the ease of taking a $200 gun and slapping on $2000 worth of attachments to it, even though at that point it would be better to outright buy a $2000 gun if available.

See: any picture of a mosin ITT.

Like this one

Only registered members can see post attachments!

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

If I had to guess I'd say pump color coding in the US is either entirely informal or on a state-by-state basis because obviously it would be INTRUSIVE BIG GOVERNMENT for the feds to mandate a standard set of color codes. In one of my previous jobs my eternal frustration was that my employer served the US and Canada. Canada had one nationwide standard for what we did. America has 50 state level standards, and territories like Puerto Rico get their own special boy rules too. None of these various standards was better or worse in a meaningful way; would've suited me just fine if any of America's dozens of state standards were declared a national one.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

I always use the green handled pump on rental cars, because it's the eco friendly gas

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

SocketWrench posted:

If you have to run your bolt action in a CQB environment for some reason, it's way handier than the alternative.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

I mean, really. Does this dude look like he's having any fun?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Pretty smart to attach an aluminum baseball bat to your rifle, for melee combat.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Cassegrain optics: for when you need to shoot a guy on the loving moon

Hayden
Jan 17, 2006
buttsex?

infrared35 posted:

I mean, really. Does this dude look like he's having any fun?

What is this from?

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Hayden posted:

What is this from?

A mediocre movie called "Sabotage" from 1996

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

If my experience has taught me anything, that weapon is fine as long as you quickswitch to deagle after every shot.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

infrared35 posted:

A mediocre movie called "Sabotage" from 1996

That rifle is definitely sabotaged.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

Atticus_1354 posted:

Doesn't change the fact it still feels stupid. Feels more like "I want a plastic gun like the big kids" type thing

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

"We have a tactical CQB rifle at home."

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

PSA Customer Photos never ceases to amaze me

Also NFA violations everywhere.

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

*Hard of hearing gunsmith shouting into the phone*: "SVT?! I thought ya said SVD"

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

ZebraBlade posted:

PSA Customer Photos never ceases to amaze me

Backwards irons, cheap optic mounted to the handguard, no trigger guard, what the poo poo stock is that? Verdict: I literally can't even

quote:

Has potential but for the poo poo-rear end optic, and WTF grip is that? Also, where's the charging handle? Verdict: WTFLOL

quote:

Owns. Apart from the optic, that is. Verdict: Would

quote:

Has potential but WTF is up with how that handguard is mounted? Verdict: Dude, get a grip, read the directions

3DHouseofBeef
May 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/TaskandPurpose/status/1396493579913211907?s=19

Fastest reload is a second gun! . . . while you gently balance the first on your foot and stand still during a firefight.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

I am pretty sure that guy posted that video over a year ago to make fun of high speed operators posting dumb stuff on Instagram. Not sure why everyone is reposting it now

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

3DHouseofBeef posted:

https://twitter.com/TaskandPurpose/status/1396493579913211907?s=19

Fastest reload is a second gun! . . . while you gently balance the first on your foot and stand still during a firefight.

B-Rock452 posted:

I am pretty sure that guy posted that video over a year ago to make fun of high speed operators posting dumb stuff on Instagram. Not sure why everyone is reposting it now

I gotta be honest, it made me laugh and it worked.

3DHouseofBeef
May 10, 2006

B-Rock452 posted:

My bad if so. Its making the rounds on twitter right now.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

https://twitter.com/taskandpurpose/status/1396883440042225665?s=21

How to get investigated.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

3DHouseofBeef posted:

My bad if so. Its making the rounds on twitter right now.

For what it's worth the guy does post a lot of good info (knockout lights) on Instagram and only rarely posts dumb political poo poo which is nice. I did lie, the list was actually from Nov 2019 and was making fun of range theatrics

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

I don't know my machine guns, is that 7.62 or 5.56?

I'm enjoying the full step backwards he has to take from the recoil. Does a solid job of not letting the muzzles climb though, I imagine that's just because they're heavy as poo poo.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

When you think about it, the fastest way of delinking a belt is to feed it through the gun.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks suck. Big time.

boxen posted:

I don't know my machine guns, is that 7.62 or 5.56?

I'm enjoying the full step backwards he has to take from the recoil. Does a solid job of not letting the muzzles climb though, I imagine that's just because they're heavy as poo poo.

5.56, honestly freehanding one each arm is impressive, if anything the barrels should starts slipping down from the weight of the gun, I doubt 249 has enough recoil to lift up its entire heft.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Proč bychom se netěšili když nám Pán Bůh zdraví dá?

gently caress lava monsters make this the recruiting ad

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Nobles are all losing their minds on Twitter.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I ate too much crab and transformed into this.

Scratch Monkey posted:

gently caress lava monsters make this the recruiting ad

Seriously.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

https://twitter.com/freyjihad/status/1396781730170871808?s=21

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

That sucks, I never got to do fun stuff like that.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

drat. That's a mighty impressive way to clear a room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014