Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1092 »
Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

mad.radhu posted:

hahahah TF is going to be pissed you put his favorite AK in the ugly guns folder

Yeah I know and to be honest it's owned by some guy in Finland and those guys have pretty rad guns. I don't hate it but it is tastic

infrared35 posted:

Is a 40x scope on an AR tactical enough?

What you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Why yes, I HAVE seen uhaul.jpg

While it's not really tactical, this is the weirdest compensator I have ever seen.

It's a .22lr

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Action Jesus posted:

Yeah I know and to be honest it's owned by some guy in Finland and those guys have pretty rad guns. I don't hate it but it is tastic
aint my fault that you wouldn't know awesome if it crawled up your rear end and made a nest

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Action Jesus posted:

What you say?

But those sun shades don't extend over the front sight.

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

TenementFunster posted:

aint my fault that you wouldn't know awesome if it crawled up your rear end and made a nest

The sexual tension is thicker than pig poo poo right now, just admit that I'm your favorite poster ever.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

Action Jesus posted:

The sexual tension is thicker than pig poo poo right now, just admit that I'm your favorite poster ever.

If you're not his, you're one of mine.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

infrared35 posted:

How about a light and a standoff device on a pistol?

Pardon my ignorance, but what the hell is a standoff device?

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Why yes, I HAVE seen uhaul.jpg

Secret Ooze posted:

It's for hitting the reset button on routers, etc.
I don't know

Skyssx
Feb 2, 2001

by T. Fine

Secret Ooze posted:

It's so you can push the gun up against someones head and it won't unlock the slide, disabling the gun.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Skyssx posted:

It's so you can push the gun up against someones head and it won't unlock the slide, disabling the gun.

Seems like the FN 5.7 has one of those built in

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Skyssx posted:

Yup. It is a back the gently caress up/I still want to shoot you up close device. On rifles, they're generally for face and chest stabbing, specifically prisoner control.

----------------

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

My AR.

Before I bought it.

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

Action Jesus posted:

Haha, so this is what complete lack of taste looks like.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Action Jesus posted:

I will live vicariously through whoever owns this. Is that a Reflex?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Groda posted:

I will live vicariously through whoever owns this. Is that a Reflex?
i think it is one of your countrymen, and it totally rules. the same guy loads his 190gr 7.62x39 ammo, so I sent him a message a few years ago asking for his recipe

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

infrared35 posted:

How about a counter-sniper AR pistol with a tactical light?

now you can go loud at any range

Fang
Jul 9, 2001
If you don't think ponderous, clumsy sentence structure loaded with hamfisted thesaurus wankery makes good writing, you're probably just too dumb to read my posts.

/r/iamverysmart

Gtab posted:

Yup. It is a back the gently caress up/I still want to shoot you up close device. On rifles, they're generally for face and chest stabbing, specifically prisoner control.

How is that supposed to work, "behave or I'll hit you with the end of my gun"? Is the spectrum of force between awkwardly jabbing someone with the muzzle of a rifle and shooting that person wide enought to justify the existence of these things?

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Fang posted:

How is that supposed to work, "behave or I'll hit you with the end of my gun"? Is the spectrum of force between awkwardly jabbing someone with the muzzle of a rifle and shooting that person wide enought to justify the existence of these things?

They are so very useless an invention (especially when some of the shittier ones gently caress up doing the job of compensator or flash hider correctly so badly) for 99% of us that it boggles my mind why people put them on their guns. I know a lot of people build guns for looks, but if they're so concerned with "image" they should be concerned that anyone with half a brain knows that unless their job involves "prisoner control in warzones" they end up looking like douchebags.

The above applies to rifles, I suppose, since intentionally adding a standoff device to a pistol (except the CZ bayonet, which is insanely hilarious) is inherently retarded.

----------------

Nestharken
Mar 23, 2006

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

infrared35 posted:

How about whatever the hell this thing is?

Pretty sure that's a rebar cutter. I remember seeing a promotional video of it in action with a big disclaimer saying "DON'T EVER DO THIS" even though that's how it's billed.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

Nestharken posted:

Pretty sure that's a rebar cutter. I remember seeing a promotional video of it in action with a big disclaimer saying "DON'T EVER DO THIS" even though that's how it's billed.

door breaching tool?

KillianLett
Jan 21, 2008
Mostly Average

DJExile posted:

Am I the only one seeing that top gun as being bent?

I swear to god these were for sale at my local gunshop...

KillianLett fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 31, 2008

Vorlonesque
Sep 17, 2005

Killing planets since 1876

This one is my personal ugly tacticlol space gun...has a very nice trigger pull for a bullpup though (and its the over the top lovable ugly that I like (insert wife/girlfriend joke here)).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...40&pagenumber=1

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

I'm not posting because some of my own stuff in the past is very tacticlol by todays standards.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

Nestharken posted:

Yes. LMT makes one too. (EDIT to say that the one pictured is CMMG's and is their answer to Noveske's Krink. It's to direct all muzzle blast away from the shooter, and has the bonus of rebar slots.)

king of the bongo posted:

door breaching tool?

No.

----------------

Gtab fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 1, 2008

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

oh wow. I learn something new. I was definitely not thinking you slot the rebar in it and shoot through it.

KaeseEs
Feb 23, 2007

by Fragmaster

Fat Ogre posted:

and your Garand!

A friend of mine was involved in the development of these:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ReverendScumbag
Dec 29, 2006

DALE IS RISEN

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

without the foregrip and flashlight, I think that would look pretty cool

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Way to go, makers of ACE stocks.

Scottish_Loser
Aug 3, 2007
3/4 Scottish 1/4 Loser(..errr Swedish)

Why does everyone hate Enfields?!?!

Nine Lives
Feb 28, 2008

Day in, day out

Scottish_Loser posted:

Why does everyone hate Enfields?!?!

Everyone loves Enfields. These people just love them the way a pedophile loves a child

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Uncle Caveman posted:

Way to go, makers of ACE stocks.

Actually, the ACE stock is the thing I hate about that the least. The forearm rail, flash hider, enjoyable human being rear end scope, Chrome Finish, and SAW grip all cumulatively piss me off however putting a tacticlol stock such as that one on an Ishapore 2A otherwise doesn't necessarily bug me.

Had the owner otherwise not significantly altered his firearm in the direction of pure poo poo, it'd be a fun (probably impractically expensive) modification for a fun little .308 bolt gun, especially if you modified some 20 or 30rd FAL mags to fit.

Glockamole
Feb 8, 2008

I'm at a loss. I had a delicious Wendy's Baconator earlier, so I can't tell if the chest pains are the onset of heart failure or just me dying on the inside after seeing some of these rifles.

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Glockamole posted:

I'm at a loss. I had a delicious Wendy's Baconator earlier, so I can't tell if the chest pains are the onset of heart failure or just me dying on the inside after seeing some of these rifles.

In your condition this picture should be like a pack of cigarettes.

hangedman
Dec 20, 2003

Fish out of water

Action Jesus posted:

In your condition this picture should be like a pack of cigarettes.

That's just about the worst picture in the thread to me. Nothing's particularly ballsy or envelope-pushing about it; it just really sucks and looks terrible.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Is that packing-tape holding the pad on the folding stock? Didn't know Cyrano's dad had an AK...

King Carnivore
Dec 16, 2007

VAT?!? Do you not like the new look?

ReverendScumbag posted:

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Dynamic instability during transition.

Behold!

This is a tactic stock set for, of all possible guns, the M1919. TNW makes it and offers this description:

TNW posted:

The skunk works design team of TNW Firearms, Inc. have projected the form and function into a readily adaptable kit that converts any Semi or Full Auto 1919 into a modern mobile squad weapon. The system consists of a lightened .308 barrel with flash hider, innovative front shroud assembly with threaded mounting holes, custom rails, bipod, carry handle, improved front sight, FN style butt stock assembly and FN style pistol grip assembly with safety. The weapon retains the ability to be fired from a tripod or pedestal. The upgrade takes about twenty minutes to install and requires no permanent modifications to your 1919.

Yes, a modern mobile squad weapon. Suuuuuure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.

Tetraptous posted:

Behold!

This is a tactic stock set for, of all possible guns, the M1919. TNW makes it and offers this description:

Yes, a modern mobile squad weapon. Suuuuuure.

That would be so much cooler if it were bullpup-ed, and modified with a shoulder rest, like those M82A2's.

*edit* Ok whoa wait I found this

SO

Locus fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jun 5, 2008

«1092 »