Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1092 »
Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Tetraptous posted:

Yes, a modern mobile squad weapon. Suuuuuure.
I dunno about you, but I could come up with ~18k for a transferable M1919 a whole lot easier than I could come up with ~75k for a transferable MAG58.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doccers
Aug 15, 2001

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Locus posted:

That would be so much cooler if it were bullpup-ed, and modified with a shoulder rest, like those M82A2's.

*edit* Ok whoa wait I found this

SO

This is not tacticlol. You will NOT dare to impinge the honor of the Stinger.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Fat Ogre posted:

and your Garand!

I don't care what the rest of you say, that is loving SWEET. That's not just any gun, that's the kind of gun you'd use to shoot Moon-Nazis. One of my Garands has had long-term accuracy problems that I THINK I've narrowed down to being caused by a poor fit with the stock. Since it needs a new stock anyways and I've already got a second one in gorgeous wood I fully plan to drop it in one of those once I get a little positive income flow.

Doccers posted:

The Stinger may just be one of the most beautiful bastard children of two guns ever.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Action Jesus posted:

Actually, the ACE stock is the thing I hate about that the least. The forearm rail, flash hider, enjoyable human being rear end scope, Chrome Finish, and SAW grip all cumulatively piss me off however putting a tacticlol stock such as that one on an Ishapore 2A otherwise doesn't necessarily bug me.

Had the owner otherwise not significantly altered his firearm in the direction of pure poo poo, it'd be a fun (probably impractically expensive) modification for a fun little .308 bolt gun, especially if you modified some 20 or 30rd FAL mags to fit.
Yes, I like ACE stocks too - but the people who make ACE stocks are apparently the people who, ah... worked... on this gun.

KaeseEs
Feb 23, 2007

by Fragmaster

Cyrano4747 posted:

Since it needs a new stock anyways and I've already got a second one in gorgeous wood I fully plan to drop it in one of those once I get a little positive income flow.

You ca use whatever cash is left on some body mods!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

I... uh... what?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003

infrared35 posted:

I... uh... what?

I'd really like to know how this works, assuming it does.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

James Woods posted:

I'd really like to know how this works, assuming it does.

Unless I'm missing something big, like it not actually being built off an AR, there's no way it does. No buffer tube, for one.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

There is one Olympic pistol AR that's built so that it needs no buffer tube, so it's not unheard of.

That said, that thing still a horribe abomination.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

The Rat posted:

There is one Olympic pistol AR that's built so that it needs no buffer tube, so it's not unheard of.

That said, that thing still a horribe abomination.

Huh. How does that work? I mean, my knowledge of the AR platform isn't exactly top notch, but I understand the basic principles of how it operates and that buffer tube is kind of important.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Looks like they chopped the bolt carrier down and stuffed the recoil spring inside of the upper receiver.

http://www.quarterbore.com/ar15m16/oa93.htm

Another filthy creature with no real reason to exist.

King Carnivore
Dec 16, 2007

VAT?!? Do you not like the new look?

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Uncle Caveman posted:

Yes, I like ACE stocks too - but the people who make ACE stocks are apparently the people who, ah... worked... on this gun.

Oh poo poo, that whole site is just full of sorrow.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.

Doccers posted:

Please tell me more about this "Stinger" so that I may worship it.

I also did not mean to imply that it was exactly "tacticlol", rather that it came up in the course of looking at M2's and M1919's.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

Tetraptous posted:

Behold!

This is a tactic stock set for, of all possible guns, the M1919. TNW makes it and offers this description:

Yes, a modern mobile squad weapon. Suuuuuure.

Here are two other near identical and useless guns?

Why would ANYONE want something with this type of portable firepower and ergonomics? Especially a much shorter version?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

Huh. How does that work? I mean, my knowledge of the AR platform isn't exactly top notch, but I understand the basic principles of how it operates and that buffer tube is kind of important.

Picture the buffer tube part of the AR platform being chopped at the rear of the receiver, then pivoted around that point until it's up on top. The bolt needs a new way to engage the buffer spring, but it's doable; that's how those gimpy-looking Olympic pistols work. It looks like there's probably room for that sort of mechanism to fit under all that ugly disparate furniture...

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

John Stercus posted:

This thing would be badass with irons, no bipod, and like a 15 round mag.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

And maybe a lower handguard.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003
I am a horrible person, disregard my posts.

Locus posted:

That would be so much cooler if it were bullpup-ed, and modified with a shoulder rest, like those M82A2's.

*edit* Ok whoa wait I found this

SO

If you haven't heard the story behind this, it's a good one. Marine Corporal Tony Stein won a posthumous MoH for his bravery. He ran into battle repeatedly drawing enemy fire to kill Japanese machine gun nests on Iwo Jima in WWII. He killed a lot of enemy troops, and rescued or facilitated the rescue of numerous pinned down and wounded US shooters. The weapon is noted as a modified aircraft gun with a BAR bipod and a Garand stock.

Hell of a guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Stein

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Dynamic instability during transition.

B4Ctom1 posted:

Here are two other near identical and useless guns?

Why would ANYONE want something with this type of portable firepower and ergonomics? Especially a much shorter version?

Nearly identical as in:

Fine, maybe if you have a full-auto 1919 but really wanted an m240 and can't get one, this can be your imaginary kit to pretending you have one. Still looks and is stupid.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

Gtab posted:

Marine Corporal Tony Stein... Hell of a guy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Stein
My Dad's time in Vietnam was on the USS Stein, the frigate named for this guy. They hit a mine while providing fire support in Haiphong harbor, which lifted the ship several feet out of the water and killed the boilers - they had to be towed back to Singapore for repairs.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005

Don't think I've seen this one yet.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

Tetraptous posted:

Nearly identical as in:

Yes like M60E3 is to the full length M60 is

Tetraptous posted:

Fine, maybe if you have a full-auto 1919 but really wanted an m240 and can't get one, this can be your imaginary kit to pretending you have one. Still looks and is stupid.

If this were true, couldn't the same be said about 1919 semi owners in general?

B4Ctom1 fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 6, 2008

CheeseDoodle
Oct 14, 2003

Forum Hussy posted:

Don't think I've seen this one yet.

What am I looking at? That magazine can't possibly work. And if it did, how the hell would it feel to rack that slide with such a lopsided load?

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

Those little tack on lasers are the cheesiest poo poo ever, it's really a wonder to me that anybody buys them. Even before I knew much about guns at all, it was painfully obvious that they look and perform like absolute crap

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

CheeseDoodle posted:

What am I looking at? That magazine can't possibly work. And if it did, how the hell would it feel to rack that slide with such a lopsided load?
It's a conversion kit for detachable mags. The magazine is locked into place there at the very beginning of the magazine tube, and the pump just serves to strip rounds off the top of the mag and feed them into the shell lifter.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

^^^
Didn't some otherwise reputable maker (Knoxx?) used to make that conversion... thing?

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Yeah, I think Knoxx made a kit called the Sidewinder.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer

Pitch posted:

Yeah, I think Knoxx made a kit called the Sidewinder.

Are they any good? I had a chance to buy 3 for them for $50 a pop, but I didn't because I couldn't remember if they sucked or not. I know they are listed for much more on GB but I have never looked to see if its the same guy trying to sell one over and over again.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

bunnielab posted:

Are they any good? I had a chance to buy 3 for them for $50 a pop, but I didn't because I couldn't remember if they sucked or not. I know they are listed for much more on GB but I have never looked to see if its the same guy trying to sell one over and over again.

They do not have a good reputation at all, no. The magazines also cost an arm and a leg.

----------------

brave nazi aviator
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

It's almost a Suomi!

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Get a Saiga if you want a shotgun with a detachable magazine.

MrTuffPaws
Feb 7, 2005

Craptacular posted:

Get a Saiga if you want a shotgun with a detachable magazine.

Or a Valtro

King Carnivore
Dec 16, 2007

VAT?!? Do you not like the new look?

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

This thing would be badass with irons, no bipod, and like a 15 round mag.

Not really. I love bullpups and this thing is utterly hideous:

What kind of an idiot would spend 500 bucks to make an SKS this ugly?

Tamerlane posted:

Marlin Camp Carbine, Seriously TacticLOLed:

I want one, BAD.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"

Grimey Drawer

Gtab posted:

They do not have a good reputation at all, no. The magazines also cost an arm and a leg.

I felt that if they were any good, that they would still be selling them.

Gtab
Dec 9, 2003

bunnielab posted:

I felt that if they were any good, that they would still be selling them.

Exactly my friend.

----------------

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK

Slippery Tilde

Tamerlane posted:

It's almost a Suomi!

The concept of a Camp with a suomi magazine is kind of cool.

Mister Clancy
Feb 18, 2007

5 Bux

infrared35 posted:

How about a light and a standoff device on a pistol?

It appears to be one of these http://www.nokick.com/Beretta_92_96...ffer_p/ber1.htm

guess they didn't realize their vertec is shorter than the other models and it sticks out a bit.

Here's what it looks like on my Beretta 96:

brave nazi aviator
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

B4Ctom1 posted:

The concept of a Camp with a suomi magazine is kind of cool.

It's basically a normal S&W 9mm mag with a Suomi mag welded on underneath; the Suomi magazine feeds into the stick which also has some sort of feeder arm inside . Even the guy who made it admits that it's not terribly practical (and then goes on to explain that he made four of them).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Mister Clancy posted:

It appears to be one of these http://www.nokick.com/Beretta_92_96...ffer_p/ber1.htm

Exactly. The Vertec slide is the same length as a regular 92/96 series; the barrel is just flush with the front of the frame. My picture is of a Centurion slide and barrel attached to the Vertec frame, which does make it shorter and thus the guide rod sticks out.

«1092 »