Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

mad.radhu posted:

Man, I would love to see a cutaway .gif of that thing in action, how the gently caress would it strip rounds out of the magazine? I can think of a couple of ways, but they'd probably be jam prone and hard as gently caress to clear, so i'm really curious.

The article says there's a seperate moving part for this. After all, you don't need a massive block of metal to do that.

These guys stole my idea and turned it into a gun. Over 40 years ago :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

Pitch posted:

This doesn't count on our list of NFA violations, right?

As long as the user didn't post the image in a "lookit what I did/found/bought/dug up" context it should be fine.

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

xopher.white posted:

:wal::hf::jihad:
Are those using stacked loads? Y'know, like Metal Storm?
At least that's what it looks like to me.

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

:saddowns:

Wouldn't have surprised me though.

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

oddspelling posted:

Wouldn't having a 2nd (1st?) break in the middle of barrel kill your muzzle velocity/pressure?

Chances are that the first one is just for show.

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

king of the bongo posted:

I think you meant your secondary primary hand :smug: It went from support to useful just like that.

Stgw 57 commando :colbert:

televiper posted:

pshh, save your rail space for more flashlights and a horizontal vertical grip, nubs.

I'd put that on my service rifle if lasers weren't restricted in Switzerland.

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

oddspelling posted:

Goddamn that thing is loving awesome. Is it some kind of super-duper custom job, or can you actually order one?

Sure, if You have a spare 35'000€

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

CougarsWrath posted:

That barrel shroud actually DOES flip up to the shoulder...sort of.

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

Boat posted:

You'd have figured with the spacegun aesthetic they'd have gone with something more high-tech than woodland camo.

TAZ 90 :colbert:

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

chairface posted:

I don't even think the middle one's bad in terms of "destroying milsurp." I know, I know, it's not any single old rifle, but the aggregate effect of people's little projects like this, but that one's well done enough I can't hate it.

Now as far as the shroud-on-the-scope one, what the gently caress.

You guys should see what Reforger and I saw at the gunshow in Lucerne. I think he has a photo of it.

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

Reforger has one of those with an aimpoint micro knockoff on it, it's tons of fun to shoot.

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

eine dose socken posted:

Yup, Jägermeister were game wardens and forestry officials. It's a horrible horrible drink and i can't fathom why it has become so popular in the USA.

Maybe because of German name and fucks you up? Also it has a fuckin' STAG on the logo :colbert:
(I hate Jäger, or any similar liquor)

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

eine dose socken posted:

I bet the moron that sodomized that Garand just has a clip permanently inserted, which he awkwardly tops off before the last round is fired.

Meh, if it's in there permanently, topping off the magazine is no different from doing the same on a bolt action. It's probably one of those 2- or 5-round hunter clips, too.

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

While we're on the subject of Swiss things, here's some Swiss SWAT dudes.

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

eine dose socken posted:

Also, how the gently caress did they let that shooting grandpa escape? He's still at large in the city afaik..

Well it's no wonder they get worn out with all that crap on their guns...

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

Chrieger posted:

While we're on the subject of Swiss things, here's some Swiss SWAT dudes.

Hahaha holy poo poo I just realized that the guy on the right has what looks like an MP5SD with a friggin acog on it on his back.

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

IuniusBrutus posted:

Wikipedia: "The government subsidizes the production of military ammunition and then sells the ammunition at cost."

huh. I wonder how true that is.

It is. However that isn't the ammunition you can buy at gun stores, it is only sold at government sanctioned 25/50/300m ranges and may not be taken home.

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

oddspelling posted:

I've always wondered how you reload those gigantic mags. Do you need some kind of mechanical accessory?

The mechanical accessory is called "patience".

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

I did a thing.

clicky!

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

Dr. Strangler posted:

Shooting tasty riffs straight into your vital organs

Basic SIG/Swissarms (not to be confused with SIG Sauer USA) accessory which, like anything Swissarms makes, Costs Way Too loving Much.

Also if I am ever going to build a true Swiss Armytar, I'd use a Stgw 57. The thing is more metal than this.

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

Karl_moebius posted:

Photos like that are mostly PR bullshit to somehow "show that they're doing something ~~*NEW*~~". They are usually made by strapping all kindsa poo poo to both the gun and the soldier.

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

Reforger posted:

I call this setup "For teh lulz"

I detect a lack of an underslung flare launcher :colbert:

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

Gtab posted:

Are you suggesting a peasant uprising

Baby get your cloak on!

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

Doesn't mean I don't mean it :colbert:

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

Gtab posted:

In my head you're now the guy from that comic forever.
I can be cool with that. Now excuse me, I have some uprising to do. And why the gently caress aren't you wearing that cloak yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrieger
Sep 24, 2006

It is got toothpick!

Meneer posted:

Haha, this reminds me of this thing i made years ago

The MSPaint TFR thread, right?