Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Just the arms room guys loving around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

It's also an army gun, so no.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

There's not enough recoil to warrant a stock like that in my opinion. I've shot a LAW and AT4s, but never an RPG. Guys that have shot it told me there was really no recoil, though. It's more or less overpressure making it feel like recoil.

And if you really think the US military is going to start using RPG-7s, you're crazy.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'd put it in my messenger bag and ride my fixed gear around town with it. A prepared hipster's a safe hipster.

Edit: mostly because my girl pants are too tight for regular conceal carry.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 27, 2009

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The briefcase thing reminds me of the mp5k briefcase gun.

So what's the most popular way to carry an SMG covertly these days, single point sling underneath a suit jacket?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Off-handed shooting looks very practical and accurate.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

"My DAD used an M14 and said it was awesome, so obviously the AR is a piece of poo poo rodent rifle"

Let's say a unit has SR-25's and M14 EBRs. Which one do you think gets taken on missions, and which one is just a fancy range gun?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hey, maybe we can get back to posting retarded guns, huh?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I need that in case I'm walking the dog and it gets nasty, so I can get down to business.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

You can tell the bottom one is a joke, but i like how serious the guy is trying to look holding it.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Psh, no hipsters wear trucker caps anymore, that poo poo's 2007 bruv.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Can't let page 870 go to waste!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pfft, if the rifle you're standing next to doesn't have 'recoilless' in the name, you haven't felt concussive force :smug:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cyrano4747 posted:

Airborne doctrine was kind of wonky in ww2. They dropped without their guns a lot, usually in a bag that was tied to them. At DDay a lot of those bags were ripped off during the drop and a lot of guys ended up on the ground without a weapon. I could see that maybe being a workshop prototype for a solution to that issue.

If it never got developed then it would never have gotten the refinements that you see when pushing beyond proof of concept.

Dawg, we STILL drop with our gun in a bag.

That guy on the right, that long bag has his rifle in it. I haven't jumped in almost 10 years so I can't remember all the specifics, but

The metal buckle runs through the D ring, then gets clipped on your parachute harness, then the yellow straps to your leg and the top ties around your parachute harness at armpit level so that the bag stays vertical. If you decide to drop your ruck on the lowering line, you can let your rifle slide down it as well, but sometimes it's just easier to ride them both in, especially if you're just a rifleman with no weight. I don't know poo poo about how they rigged up in WW2, though.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Captain Log posted:

I literally, even with pictures, cannot wrap my head around the hell of the trenches.

What about with sound?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRPFQMO8yX4

That's the only approximation of the hell of constant artillery I've been able to find after a short search, but just listen to it as loud as possible on loop for a week.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Well actually after birth a ton of nutrients that the mother needs are in the placenta and eating it will cure post partum depression and furthermore

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thanks armslist, always good for a laugh when I need one.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Yep, it's a mosin: The fiero of guns.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Well that makes the whole ad even funnier then, because he wants $800 for it.

This one is $750, a bargain since it was ~$1300 invested~

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 8, 2018

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'm the bayonet lug left intact instead of a more practical sling mount

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Basically what we're saying is 'stop being an old person and learn how to use your phone'

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

the motorola is more like a quick 2x throttle twist, like you're revvin your hog to get the attention of girls half your age

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jonny Nox posted:

That patch says Boogerman Knives and you won't convince me otherwise.

Also, I'm not a gun guy. Are these the kind of projects where you buy one thing at a time as experience, interest, internet fads, and money dictate or is this planned from the start. If planned from the start why not get an SBR since that is what they want.

Edit: oh! Doberman. Got it.

Booberman

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

No way this one's real.

A google search for 'tactical luger' only mildly disappointed.

mildly because it's just airsoft

Edit: oh god there's more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iXv_w_XD7Q

I'm including this goofy bullshit too. The gas tube is now a barrel shroud? And the barrel is just extra weight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug_3T0wu0DI

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 31, 2018

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It's real "Double Luger Rifle"

It's the same guy from the videos I posted! :aaa:

He's a madman that must be stopped

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mlmp08 posted:

Love to cosplay gleefully stamping my own death warrant for being a sexual deviant.

I have such sights to show you

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Still haven't been able to find old cobray ad scans, I wanna see just how bad and racist they were.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'm talking about the ones for the terminator and street sweeper that had poo poo like monkeys in a barrel hanging from a chain link fence and the slogan "clean the streets!" or so I've heard.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CHAOS TANTO

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Automator posted:

man that sword fishing video loving owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEFMul65PUA

:catstare:

In the thumbnail he's saying "That's not too bulky!"

Yeah, fits right under the waistband, zero imprint.

Edit- 3:55 100 rounds for the rifle, 500 rounds for the pistol, loving brilliant. This dude must be hunting in Mogadishu.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 22, 2018

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The only people zombifying other people with green lasers are the officers using them to point at their long and pointless PowerPoint presentations

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Automator posted:

Yeah, UTM rounds hurt way more. They also have a small aluminum ring at the base of the projectile, although the newer rounds have plastic instead.

The cases would kick out really hard/fast as well. It was interesting how they worked.

Basically there's a primer that drives a tiny little ball forward that impacts another primer, which drives the projectile out of the barrel and also telescopes the case, which drives the slide back and allows ejection

The primer on the back of the case is a large pistol primer rather than small. This is because on the UTM conversion slides, the firing pin is slightly offset from center, so that it won't strike the typical small pistol primer found in live ammo.

:monocle: Oh, so THAT'S why the plastic insert pops out on expended rounds, I never thought about that.

We only ever used the 9mm simunition uppers on our M4s, and more often than not we just used blanks and played cops'n'robbers rather than issue out more gear.

I once got to use a simunition mp5 in an FBI shoothouse, that was pretty rad.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Reforger posted:

I like to think his plate spells out tortuga. TOR2GUH

That's how I read it and I'm not sure what the real meaning is supposed to be. :negative:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Seattle is the home of the utilikilt, but I guess I haven't been spending enough time in the city because I can't remember the last time I saw one in public.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I'm a fan of the cultural appropriation people that go so far left that they're all but calling for segregation in order to preserve their traditions.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shamshel posted:

Is that... is that gun Jesus running the timer?

Also, god bless tfr, I was all ready for that appropriation conversation to get real racist real fast, and it didn't!

*Militantly defends his Lil Jon costume for it's "authenticity" and "accuracy"*

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

It's the equivalent of dudes Mad Maxing/scavengering their 10/22s. Yeah, I'm looking at you TFR.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MohawkSatan posted:

It's the 1911.

IT'S A REAL MAN'S BIKE CALIBER

Maybe Glock=red block Volvo. Blocky, boring, dead reliable.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 27, 2018

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I thought I saw peak spike's tactical already, but my eyes just rolled so hard I may need corrective lenses now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zip22 is a Maserati Biturbo except for the part where it killed the company.