Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Inspector_71 posted:

Dude, the Northern Alliance took Mazar-i Sharif with a loving cavalry charge in 2001. As in, on horseback. Even the CIA SAD guys were like "Is this really loving happening?"

Is this story online somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Cyrano4747 posted:

Google is fun.

It is fun, and I went and got unstupid after I posted that and used it. But I forgot about editing my previous post, so I guess I went back to being stupid. Thanks for the links, anyhow.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Maybe I will!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Hey guys, what's going in here? I was just down stairs making sure that tube-fed semi-auto .22 could take more than ten rounds while handling my non-competition forty-five. You know, usual Friday night North American stuff.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Uncle Caveman posted:

Hang on brb...

...I just went outside with a gun in my pants and wasn't arrested. :2bong:

God bless us, everyone.

:patriot: :canada:

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

MercuriusHG posted:

Dear Life,

You hosed up with this one. You really blew it.

Yours,

Me.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

Oh, that kind of makes me feel better that it isn't "real"

Yeah, but some knob is going to see that, think it's boss, and go ahead and do it to their unspeakable abomination.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Hussar posted:

I was browsing SigForum when I came across this:

Figured it belonged here.

This is pure loving garbage.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Yuck. No wonder it didn't sell. And I think El Rey Chico is going to be pissed when he finds out his gun was stolen.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Kammat posted:

:psyduck:

If your patching is extremely tight, it's possible you could stack the loads, but it would take some experimentation to get them to line up correctly in the barrel, not to mention what can go wrong if you fire the butt end load first.

I really hope that's one of the fakes.

I think the only ones that might be real in that series are some in the first photo posted. The rest are clearly make of plastic/rubber/whatever. You can see in the photo you posted the little ridges made when it was molded. And the locks are completely or mostly a single piece of material.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

ChlorineTrifluoride posted:

Well, the scope has a shadow, and the gun doesnt...

Uh, yes, the rifle does have a shadow.

The reason some of you think it looks photoshopped, is because this is what flashes do to pictures, as in they flatten perspective. They make everything look like it's on the same plane, basically, and of course your mind knows it shouldn't be, so you get the idea the picture is faked. That's why you don't use onboard flashes when you want to take nice photos.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

infrared35 posted:

That Tokarev would be a hundred percent awesome if it just had a standard weapon light on it.

You could totally pop down on some stukachiy

Holy crap, I didn't even notice that was a Tokarev. Goddamn table breaking picture made miss the back end.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

bunnielab posted:

Although she loses points for wearing pants with belt loops sans belt.

Heh, check out this guy. I dub thee King of Fashion.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

ChlorineTrifluoride posted:

Not a bad idea, too bad it isn't legal in Washington to conceal carry a carbine.

That gun shoots just fine when you keep it clean, if your wife or girlfriend is too small to control a pistol in any sort of realistic round one of these in .40 would be great, really easy to pull out, snap in place, and shoot. Yeah, it's a bit taticlol, but it is unique in that it fills a niche nothing else really does. I can't bring myself to hate the sub-2000.

Except the whole attacks generally happening within 10 feet kind of thing. There's not going to be enough time to draw, unfold, shoulder and sight when someone's that close, especially if the person under attack is freaking the gently caress out, which is to be expected from a lot of people. Now, if there's enough time to do all the steps necessary to ready that thing, then I do agree with you. However, I would not bet my life on there being adequate time.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Bored As gently caress posted:

Click here for the full 1000x525 image.

My favorite part is Kenny loving Powers in the middle. :swoon:

Alright, three things:

A) What the gently caress is 'Skunkabilly'?
B) I recognize that beast sitting in front of Volk from one of his pictures. I thought it was dude.
C) Lots of trigger discipline!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Pristine Shits posted:

I stopped by the Hilton about a month ago to check it out, and who do I see stepping out of a limo on this very spot? None other than Rev Run.

I felt like sharing.

Did you shoot him?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

SWATJester posted:

Which Hilton is it? I live in DC, I'd like to check it out.

The Washington Hilton, 1919 Connecticut Avenue, N.W.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Veins McGee posted:

M1 Garand EBR: To each his own but gently caress thats ugly

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=132031266

Not when it comes to Garands. What a twat.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Looks like generic AR-style crap to me, whereas the MAS 49 at least had its own aesthetic uniqueness to it. It'd be like taking a Lotus Elise and slapping a Yugo body on it. It's a stupid conversion.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Gtab posted:

anyone who thinks the MAS49 and/or 49-56 is ugly should be shot in the loving knees and left in a komodo dragon pen.

I'm Detective Thompson and I approve of this message.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

EndofGoogle posted:

More angles, last one with a 203

So, did they have just the one for the entire film? Or were there a couple of them? Also, it must weird operating the 203 with that low cap mag in there.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

commissargribb posted:

it's a colt?

Are you asking if the AK dressed up in M16 clothes is a Colt? Or are you making some sort of joke?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

TheStig posted:

Back on topic.

I hate both of these very much.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

RU 187 261 LIB posted:

I don't know anything about allowed but to me it just looks like kind of a disgrace.

A disgrace is someone that never served buying a full dress uniform and walking around a mall, fishing for compliments and thank you for your services.

If someone served and wants to hold onto/throw on their old uniform on Veteran's day or something, that's hardly a disgrace. I say they earned it.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

RU 187 261 LIB posted:

That's true I guess he's just a nerd with wallscrolls!

Yes, this is the correct diagnosis. I actually stopped reading that thread pretty early when everyone was initially dumping on the guy, so I guess I missed the whole anime thing. I take back what I said about being ashamed of TFR making fun of the guy.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

RU 187 261 LIB posted:

In the States the "Canadian girlfriend" is maybe THE most famous unconvincing lie so we were all just amazed to see whe was real.

I've never heard anyone here claim they had a Canadian girlfriend. Well, that's not entirely true, as one of my friends did have a Canadian girlfriend for awhile, but he was originally from Canada, so I don't think that counts.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

B4Ctom1 posted:

Is that a Finnish tank? The swastika is not crooked.

It's a Finnish assault gun. The BT-42, built off the Soviet BT-7.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Magnum1371 posted:

Please tell me there is a Kit somewhere to dress up a 10/22 as a Thompson SMG to go along with that drum magazine.

Yes, and it's very expensive.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=27480/Product/RUGER_reg__10_22_reg__TOMMY_GUN_CONVERSION_KIT

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

EndofGoogle posted:

Ah, another gem

Ugh. UgggggghhhhhhhhhH! Jesus. I almost puked when I saw this (though I was able to keep it down, thanks to the fine ale I was drinking). This is an affront to everything good and decent. Also, what did they do, take the barrel off of a Gamo Whisper and stick on there?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

I like turtles posted:

Yes, try it! Open your clearly secured door and shoot whoever is on the other side. They might be a terrorist.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Kodo Zoku posted:

:colbert: :colbert: :colbert:

WTF is the little nubbin for?

To choke yourself to death on for buying such a piece of poo poo.

I think maybe it's a trigger lock of some type?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Craptacular posted:

Back to guns...

Is it necessary for the gas from being used to work the action of the other, or was it just done for shits and giggles?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

There's nothing tacticlol or downsy about that. It's awesome.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

oddspelling posted:

That actually is a pretty cool design. I wonder who made it?

It's the MTs255, made by KBP Instrument Design Bureau, a Russian company.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

This just in, Nick L likes watching grandmas having sex. Footage at 11. Or just look at that picture.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

No.... it didn't look like that. It was more :black101: and not so hunter looking.

Edit: found a picture.

What the hell do you use this for?

The Magnum Research site has an old article from some gun mag about the Lone Eagle. For the most part it's just your standard review piece, discussing improvements on the design, dislikes, and so on. It's nothing special or ridiculous, except this one line that caught my eye:

"As many ST readers know, the Lone Eagle is the only handheld firearm on the market that employs a rotary breech like an artillery cannon."

Yes, the Lone Eagle is a tiny artillery piece. For your hands.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

infrared35 posted:

You wouldn't even have to wear your armor.

It would be like your own personal explosive reactive armor!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Young Freud posted:

I found those pictures rather perplexing, because they represent the type of target that bullet is capable, rather optimistically, of taking down. The soft nose shows a coyote (with a side of beef hanging out it's mouth); the HP shows a hedgehog of some sort; the vermin point shows a prairie dog; the FMJ, like you said, is supposedly meant to kill warthogs; and the infantry point is meant to take out American soldiers? :psyduck:

Actually, I think that's a jackal in the soft nose picture, and the HP I think is a brush-tailed porcupine, both of which can be found in Africa and Asia, along with Europe for the jackal. So, toss in the warthog, which also lives in Africa, and add the prairie dog in North America and the US soldier which is found all over the world, and we see this company is really pushing their fancy .22s as top of the line exotic game hunting rounds. Hell, right about now I feel like buying a batch of their FMJs, jetting off to good ol' Africa, and plugging some angry warthog in the face.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Now, now, let's not make fun of I like turtles' mom and her tiny arms. They're not her fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I assume this is legally an MG?

From what I recall, no, it's not, but I don't remember why that is.