Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

I see they're going for mid-90s squirt gun with that paint job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

It's eagle feathers, unless I'm missing some other thing.

Fake edit: Oh, in the USA itself. Yeah, nice. Apparently it's called the 'American Joe'.

Idiots posted:

The American Joe 1911 is forged out of the same principles. This gun is a symbol of “American exceptionalism” at it’s finest. The tire tread “USA” represents the speed of the bullet leaving barrel as well as the Detroit Automotive innovative spirit which is at the heart of America. The wings embody a burst of Freedom as the tire peels out shifting into a Web pattern that is traditionally Tattoo on the elbow and is fitting as the pattern on the slide. (the elbow of the gun) A spiders web in nature is one of the most complex patterns and is broken-down everyday but built back up every night. In America we continue to build just as our forefathers did for generations. The American Flag hand grip represent the strength of this country as the hand wraps around the magazine with fortitude and resilience. This gun is built purely in America and shaped out of the finest block of steel. The American Joe is a true Red, White and Blue representation of the Glory, Romance and Legend of the 1911.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

SedanChair posted:

You can either gush about obrez or you can hate this.

You can't do both :colbert:

The gently caress you talkin' about? An Obrez is a neat little deviation on the Mosin. This is just poo poo.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

The empty chamber under the hammer is about dropping the gun and not having a live round under the hammer in case it hits the floor, back in the day when the firing pin was a part of the hammer. It has nothing to do with accidentally pulling a trigger. For that you'd want the next chamber in line empty, but that's a real stupid solution.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

The operators should be howling at a tactihawk.

Well, no one can say I'm good with image manipulation:

Detective Thompson fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Aug 3, 2013

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Well, they certainly can't be underfolders with those mags.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Pretty hard to make out. Maybe a poorly done Celtic cross, or a poorly done fasces?

What does that Arabic script on the same side near where the buffer tube screws in say?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

His finger's on the trigger, but it's not depressed. Even if it was, I don't see any kind of magazine or ammo belt attached to that thing, so it wouldn't make any difference.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Oh, right, I didn't click on to watch the video and forgot it was one when responding.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

hagie posted:

Lol I remember that thing from one of the Jason movies.

"Where ever I point this, it goes boom"

or something to that effect.

"Wherever the red dot goes, you bang."

Probably the only thing about Jason Lives worth remembering.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Butch Cassidy posted:

Yeah, but a vehicle you give not one single poo poo about banging around doing stupid poo poo has a charm all it's own.

Except I think that particular one is a 23-window, which can be worth stupid money.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Beyond the fact it's airsoft garbage, how would the charging handle even be worked on that junk stock?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

The shop just chucks their guns onto tables rather than racks/cases? I thought the photo was taken at a gun show at first. Especially with all the mags in the guns. Though I guess

probably answers for all that.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Nice muzzled brake.

That's a clutch disc, not a brake rotor. :colbert:

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Fightin' fire with fire, duh!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

At least it won't be funded, unless some stupid miracle happens in the next three days.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

It's all Lovecraft/Cthulhu stuff, of course. The forestock facing the camera is the "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." quote.

Click on the link and scroll down a bit and you'll see more pictures and a few of the quotes that are on the gun.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

They really should've stopped with the mouth and the green slide. The eyes are poorly done and the stupid panels with the bolts or whatever look like garbage.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

ChillRoommates posted:

That's kinda cool. Would have been cooler if they kept some of the unique look of the FG42 though.

Check out the website, they make replicas that look like the originals, and not just of the FG42. Along with the MP40 and the Stg44, I was surprised to see they do a replica of the Volkssturmgewehr VG 1.

Also, I still have no idea how they thought the grip angle of the original FG42s worked.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Vile.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Uh, I think you'll see Churchill knew what he was doing, thank you.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

"Is that a Mosin?", I asked myself as I looked at the first picture.

Of course it's a Mosin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Craptacular posted:

Grinding away the finish to create fake wear always seemed stupid to me, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

At least it's not being done in an attempt to create some sort of 'genuine warfighter sandbox rifle' bullshit.