Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

That thing has got to be uncomfortable as hell to shoot with the custom stock slapped on the Hogue.

The Gunbroker link has bigger pictures. It looks like the heatshield isn't held on at all, it's probably glued on or welded or something stupid like that, especially since the info says it's "permanently attached". $575.00+$25 shipping.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=252707415

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Not sure what it is, but I don't think the base gun is actually very changed. Could be a Valmet or something? I know I've seen furniture like that before.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

The best part is this guy expects to get $1,250 for just a Remington 1187 mounted on a rail system.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Sormus posted:

Valmets have rear sights on the dust cover, never up front like "traditional" AKs

Not never. Valmet M78 does.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Yeah, I don't own a rifle like that yet. I'd like to get one sometime, though.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

It's ugly as gently caress and expensive as poo poo, but I kinda like it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

22 Eargesplitten posted:

The box-mag chinese ones with the 8 or 10 inch barrels?

No, one of these. Basically just cut down Remington 870s and Mossberg 500s/Maverick 88s. From what I know about them, it's just a custom barrel, custom magazine tube, and a custom action slide, set up as an AOW; other that that it's the same as a full-length.

I'm mostly interested in getting my hands on one of the action assemblies, if just for the oddity of owning a by-design folding foregrip that isn't a railmount or a single piece of plastic on the regular assembly.

quote:

Sage stock
It's a nice piece of equipment from what I can see. I'd love one, but I don't own a Remington.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Ahh. I wouldn't know, I'm not Canadian. All I know is that Canadians can get 14" barreled shotguns without any hassle, and that most of the fun guns are banned because they look mean or something.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Steak Flavored Gum posted:

wait, seriously? They banned by name a prototype?

I looked it up not too long ago, and according to the official RCMP site, they totally did, along with a downright absurd amount of other firearms. Which strikes me as completely insane.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Oddspelling, what is that symbol in your avatar? I've seen it tagged up in a couple spots in my neighborhood recently and I'm just wondering what the significance is.

He's one of Them, and They are watching you.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

"Catch paintball fever today, and you'll be infected for life!"

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

E2M2 posted:

I don't get whats up with Mosins and peoples need to do this to them :(

The problem is people can get one for $109.99 or less from any sporting goods store.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

chairface posted:

Can 500A's play too? :ohdear:

No, we get to sit in the sandbox until we get real shotguns.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

abaddonis posted:

My 870 has fed everything I've thrown at it with zero problems. The only problem I have is deciding if I should put a sling on it

The answer to that question is yes.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Heintron posted:

this belongs here...
http://www.tactical-life.com/online/products/taurus-zombie-responder/

"taurus zombie responder" :v:

I'm not sure which is worse. The fact that that is a real thing, or the fact that they seem to have printed "Zombie Responder" upside down (On the left side at least - the side you see more of if you're right handed) and on each chamber.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Oxford Comma posted:

I own mine in case I ever need to protect Fred Ward and Kevin Bacon from giant underground worms! :toot:

Truly a most noble goal that we should all aspire to.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

osoiman posted:

Gun show today:

What the hell did they do to that Saiga, and admit that you considered buying it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

On the topic of horrible lovely bullpups, I just saw this on the front page of Gunbroker and thought of the thread.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Nyyen posted:

Courtesy of Cycle Asylum.

I'm not sure if it makes me a good or bad person that the first thing I thought before writing it off as just extremely tacky was "There's no way 'Nam era shotguns had rails and the Beretta wasn't even produced until after the war and why are there Desert Storm/Operation Iraqi/Enduring Freedom tributes on a Vietnam bike".

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

FPSRussia pretty much explicitly caters to the Call of Duty HSLD-wannabe section of the population, so it's very easy to hate FPSRussia if you aren't an idiot.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Heintron posted:

They should make a starship trooper stock to drop your 10-22 into. Would make them a lot more money and would probably be fun as well in a silly way. This is just stupid.

I would buy a 10/22 if I could get a Morita rifle stock for it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Probably every person who's posted in TFR at any time drew at least one gun while they were in school.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

He means the accessories alone probably weigh 10-12lbs :ssh:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

There's still loads of rail estate on that thing.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

It's the color clash. It just doesn't look natural.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

E:f,b

It looks like a Russian LMG (PKM perhaps) with an MG42 barrel taped to it, and then an AR-15 style carrying handle and front sight ON that MG42 barrel.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Aside from that magazine well and the Eotech, that looks pretty loving boss.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Falkenbok posted:

This is factory, so I don't know if it belongs here. For me, the 25 cent Tandy Electronics red rocker for the safety really makes it.

It's like something out of one of the Deus Ex games. :frogc00l:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

IuniusBrutus posted:

holy hell that FAL.

It's like something out of Fallout.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

So I guess Mossberg's heatshields are just open season for slapping onto any gun now.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Brightmotor posted:

Oh, but sir, it gets better.

What is with people and using chopped up vibrators as pistol grips? Is that caused by the same defect that makes someone buy a Mosin in the first place?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Hell, isn't it 10 years minimum if you're caught with an unregistered NFA item?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

JEEVES420 posted:

There is a video of a guy firing a Glock 18 with VFG that fell off and he shot himself in the back of his hand...wait what? how would one shoot there self in the back of the head :wtc: are you thinking of the kid who fired the mini mac that recoiled into his face?

No, he's talking about a suspect suiciding in the back of a police cruiser. With a Mac-10.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Fat Ogre posted:

Give up my childhood memories for 80GB of storage you say?
I can add a doubler and make it 160GB? Or even store 320GB with a chance of synaptic leakage and death?
Well say no more good sir! That sounds like a BULLY idea!

Last weekend they had a Dina Meyer day of movies, Starship Troopers, Dragonheart and Johnny Mnemonic and holy hell Johnny Mnemonic just gets worse and worse as the years go by.

The only tolerable part is getting to see Dina Meyer run around.

How Keanu Reeves ever became a leading man :iiam: that dude couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.

The secret is to watch everything he stars in as a comedy.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

JEEVES420 posted:

As of today those 18 years old have had internet their whole life. Most of which have probably never used dial up

I'll never forget that horrible sound. It's etched into my soul.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

I still remember 1999, just getting my first computer, downloading SNES ROMs at one-per-20 minutes to play on one of them new-fangled em-you-lay-tors. Link to the Past and Chrono Trigger were never so sweet as learning to use a keyboard to play them.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Young Freud posted:

Is there a demand for the P90, even though you can't buy the FMJ rounds that can penetrate body armor? Why is the AR-57 around?

If there's a demand for that, there's a demand for the MP7, especially since H&K could build one around a NFA-safe "pistol" format by replacing the foregrip with a rail and removing the stock. Or go the carbine route and give it a 16" fake suppressor and keep the collapsing stock.

I think we both know the real answer.

Add a rail to the collapsible foregrip, and then slap on a foregrip on your foregrip.

:whatup:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

I dunno man, that's vaguely cool and doesn't have an AR stock, vertical foregrip, rails everywhere, an Airsoft ACOG, a red dot sight, it lacks a Punisher skull or lovely camo paintjob, and it looks like it uses wood or a vaguely wood-like substance for furniture.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

This is just one step closer to pulse rifles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Cyrano4747 posted:

Got yo back.

It's not half bad. The Henry Ford museum is cool. Some pretty loving good Mediterranean/Arabic food too for obvious reasons.

Now, once you hit the part that borders Detroit proper, then it turns into burned out shells of buildings and multi-block swaths of "city" that have returned to fields and a basic state of nature.

Pretty much this.

I've even been hearing reports of deer and coyotes moving back into the city. Won't need to go on a big trip to go hunting in a few more years :v: