Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste
  • Unlawful Carnal Gopher Knowledge

ph4lcon posted:

Find me a bull barrel with irons.

Retard.

P.S. a 10/22 with a regular barrel is more accurate than you.

This is kind of a bit late, but the 10/22 is not exactly an accurate rifle.

http://www.gunsmoke.com/guns/1022/10_22_targets.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Uncle Caveman posted:

Hang on a sec... That article is only saying Ruger's factory 10/22T model isn't any more accurate than a custom build: "While accuracy is somewhat better than the standard carbine, custom rifles produced from the 10/22 action will outshoot the "T" by a wide margin, and offer better ergonomics to boot."

The article shows groups of 10 shot at varying distances from a rest along with max ctc measurements. The original statement I was responding to (paraphrased) was that "a 10/22 is more accurate than you". I'd bet most people on this forum could easily group better than 0.7" at 25 yards from a rest with a good rifle.

quote:

Also, the author never mentions what ammo he's using to test. Bulk Federal? Jacketed Velocitor? What are birds? We just don't know.

:confused: He mentions he's using Eley 10X four times on that page.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Uncle Caveman posted:

Ah, I hadn't heard of Eley brand... I saw 10x and thought he was referring to a scope. :downs:

It's great ammo. We actually switched away from Lapua ammo at the club to use Eley. The TenEx punches some very neat holes too. Nice when your discipline scores outwards.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

For gently caress's sake it's spelled Guinness you idiots and it's not a bad drink. It's no Chimay but it's no Coors light either.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

TenementFunster posted:

dude if you think Coors Light in the bottom of the barrel of American beers you've never truly plumed the depths

And I never intend to.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

TenementFunster posted:

Ireland is the stupidest country ever

how about that

Yeah well you have the stupidest face ever TF

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Fang posted:

This is utterly true. Dublin is an awful city and I don't understand how anyone manages to live there without taking his own life in despair.

This is true :(

TenementFunster posted:

actually, over in Ireland/England, they call these "World Trade Centers"

see, all the carbonation represents the towers falling in a cloud of smoke

No we don't. Asking for a Jameson dropped into a Guinness will get you a withering look for ruining two perfectly good drinks.

Also Joyce was a hilariously dirty bastard. His letters to his lady friend are full of mentions of "buggery and farting". I do like A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man though.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

So three perfectly good drinks then :P

Seriously though that would set you back around 12 a pop here.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

TenementFunster posted:

Yes you do.

Sorry dude, someone was playing a fun game of "Take this piss out of the yank" with you. :(

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Elwood P. Dowd posted:

jesus you must be english

what gave it away

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

The Beltsword site used to be even worse. They used to have videos of some buck-toothed, horse-face with bolted on tits wearing the BELTSWORD WEAPONS SYSTEM(TM) and little else swinging around 3 feet of floppy sheet steel.

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

thermobollocks posted:

I was wondering about that. I'm not familiar enough with Auto-5 style actions to know what chopping the barrel does. :(

The A5 isn't gas operated. It uses a long recoil system. The reduced weight of the barrel (which moves under recoil) probably means the springs needed adjusting for proper operation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakalwe
May 12, 2002

Wanted For:
  • Terrorism
  • Kidnapping
  • Poor Taste

Dibs on black guy who gets killed immediately spurning heroes on to do heroic things.