Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

C:\...\Gun Pics\Ugly\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

DJExile posted:

Am I the only one seeing that top gun as being bent?

I'm pretty sure it only looks that way because I'm nearly certain he sporterized that stock with a boy scout knife and a Tae Bo DVD.

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

mad.radhu posted:

hahahah TF is going to be pissed you put his favorite AK in the ugly guns folder

Yeah I know and to be honest it's owned by some guy in Finland and those guys have pretty rad guns. I don't hate it but it is tastic

infrared35 posted:

Is a 40x scope on an AR tactical enough?

What you say?

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

TenementFunster posted:

aint my fault that you wouldn't know awesome if it crawled up your rear end and made a nest

The sexual tension is thicker than pig poo poo right now, just admit that I'm your favorite poster ever.

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Uncle Caveman posted:

Way to go, makers of ACE stocks.

Actually, the ACE stock is the thing I hate about that the least. The forearm rail, flash hider, human being rear end scope, Chrome Finish, and SAW grip all cumulatively piss me off however putting a tacticlol stock such as that one on an Ishapore 2A otherwise doesn't necessarily bug me.

Had the owner otherwise not significantly altered his firearm in the direction of pure poo poo, it'd be a fun (probably impractically expensive) modification for a fun little .308 bolt gun, especially if you modified some 20 or 30rd FAL mags to fit.

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Glockamole posted:

I'm at a loss. I had a delicious Wendy's Baconator earlier, so I can't tell if the chest pains are the onset of heart failure or just me dying on the inside after seeing some of these rifles.

In your condition this picture should be like a pack of cigarettes.

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Uncle Caveman posted:

Yes, I like ACE stocks too - but the people who make ACE stocks are apparently the people who, ah... worked... on this gun.

Oh poo poo, that whole site is just full of sorrow.

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

John Stercus posted:

Uh not really, every Airsoft m249 I can think of costs over 500 dollars.

You're not thinking of all of them, some newer ones are full metal and are like $350ish (made by the new wave of chinese airsoft manufacturers)

So while it'd be full auto with ammo even cheaper than .22, it's still a BB gun (and doesn't get the same special treatment of Xak_Ep's Minigun because it cannot lay waste to fields of produce and electronics in seconds)

the 249/22 is loving rad though, if only one could get it in belt-fed.

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

DrakeriderCa posted:

Oh God that's horrible. So many retarded things.

It is completely incorrect.

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Have I posted these? If not, let's all remember why we're here today.

Another beloved Finnish AK Mod (these things are ugly in the coolest ways)

I seriously can't decide whether or not I hate this.

Also funny, apparently in Mexico/South America they issue their cops Glock loving 18s?!

Not as tacticlol as much as Holyfucklol

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

When I'm looking for pictures of Tacticlol guns to add to my library of "Bad Taste in the General Area of Firearms", the picture threads on ARFCOM NEVER let me down;

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

John Stercus posted:

I think it's a side mounted bipod.

gently caress.

GRIPpod!

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

bladernr posted:

This came up on a GIS for "The Tactical"

I dont know... there's something about a small MP5 with a 40mm grenade launcher on it...

Prop gun from the movie "End of Days" with Arnold "gently caress .50 Cal" Schwarzeneggar

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Gtab posted:

I see world-class British chefs making warm beer and bangers and mash for competitive sittings all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duhbMyWnM54

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

LittleBallOfHate posted:

A Bull"dog" M14

http://www.shortrifles.com/

Fang's team

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Sgt. Shaved Balls posted:

Does DPMS sell those lowers yet?

Looks like a regular lower with a 9mm Sten mag adaptor to me

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Fang posted:

The AR has superior ergonomics to every other rifle ever and all rifles are fighting rifles, so if your rifle isn't like an AR and you get into a gunfight with it, YOU WILL DIE.

Q.E.D.

In forty years, the attempts to make other rifles conform to AR ergonomics will be looked at with the disgust and contempt which we currently reserve for sporterization.

You are wrong it will not be in 40 years it will be now and always

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Ron Mexico posted:

i still think sporterized milsurp rifles are cool

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Ron Mexico posted:

that's awesome what's your point

I don't have a point to make

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Pachmayr wraps rule, I'm right and everyone else is wrong.

Edit: goddamnit this is the tacticlol guns thread not the serious discussion regarding grips thread.

Action Jesus fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jul 21, 2009

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Wow hope you cleaned that thing before you stuck it and any remaining solvents, greases, or other chemicals that have probably been on it since it left the factory into that entire tub of cream cheese then ate it.

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Angry Guacamole posted:

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that woman and would absolutely wreck it given half a chance.

really?

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

ChlorineTrifluoride posted:

She's holding a gun. That is a redeeming quality in a lot of guy's eyes.

Arfcom find:

two of my toys dot jpg

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Aperture Priority posted:

I have that same knife

I would buy and use this every day.

Where did you find this picture.

Where can I buy this.

I need to know yesterday

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Fang posted:

you cannot buy badass out of the Magpul catalogue.

just DVDs of it

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

omgLerkHat! posted:

The FAL is an interesting rifle in this regard because I've seen ones that have exposed bolt carriers, and ones that do not. The standard FAL top cover isn't exposed for stripper clip feeding though, as far as I'm aware.

Early versions of the FAL submitted for the U.S. trials as the T48 featured a dust cover that left the top of the bolt exposed for use of stripper clips. IIRC early iterations of Canada's FAL (C1A1) had this feature as well. They can still be found pretty easily, some require minor mods to the upper receiver, and some have been designed as a drop-in retrofit. They're very popular to use with 5rd fixed mags amongst the CA crowd.

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Cyrano4747 posted:

Note that I'm in the US.

They don't cost anything like htat here, if you can find them at all.

I was at the Wannenmacher's gun show a few weeks back and actually saw two seperat ones for the area of $5k. Ridiculous price, but I was more amazed that they were here in the first place...

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Fang posted:

...it would look right at home in some asinine configuration with a retarded paint job?

It wouldn't need a ridiculous aftermarket stock to achieve such asinine feats like having adjustable length of pull and a pistol grip

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I'm siding with the Automator on this one, as far as stippling/backstrap reductions go for glocks, that one is pretty well done and you'd be amazed how well it improves your grip. It's a glock for chrissakes, not like they did this to the original grips of a Nazi marked Hi Power or something

EDIT: oh drat new page killa

Somewhere earlier in this thread (or a previous iteration of it?) I was challenged to find an AR with a scope that protruded past the FSB...

Action Jesus fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 23, 2010

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

wontondestruction posted:

Because I had a place with a range, and every greenhorn grabbed the magwell. When I see it, I immediately think of the mag being pulled just enough to cause feeding problems.

I am sure it's not a rational thing, but drat if I don't shiver every time I see it.

More than anything it just provides for a significantly less stable shooting position than having your hand (with a VFG/AFG or not) further out on the handguard

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Mad Dragon posted:

Unless I'm mistaken, holding a rifle further out is less stable than the magwell grip. It's more for high speed target transitions. Look at High Power shooters. They hold their rifles closer to the magwell when shooting. Granted, they have slings and super stiff jackets, but my point still stands.

nah

edit: a support position with the off hand that close to the strong hand firing grip can be very stable in a stationary position because the support elbow can be braced against the body forming a more solid point of contact.

With an AR15, which is the basis of this discussion, a magwell grip isn't necessarily the same, because grabbing the front of the magwell doesn't offer the same sort of body bracing as afforded by a high power standing shooting position. Additionally, when shooting in any situation other than a stationary standing position with a target style brace, better control of the firearm is afforded by a good grip closer to the muzzle of the firearm, such as basically most of the time you'd be shooting an AR15.

Honestly, yes a close offhand grip can be a sweet shooting position, but having a further out support hand also grants an exceptional amount of control. TL;DR? If you see someone shooting an AR15 with a magwell grip, there's a 98% chance they aren't an NRA high power shooter

Action Jesus fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 9, 2015

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

http://www.theonion.com/articles/local-teen-would-choose-gun-with-night-vision-lase,38020/

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

Pitch posted:

Pretty sure Yeager has the trophy for getting peopled killed with bad driving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jesus
Jun 18, 2002

I dislike the shape of those grips and the obviously cheap shiny plastic they're made out of, but that picture is an interesting illustration of how the folding grips can make a surprising difference in the profile of a rifle. It's kind of a neat novelty if anything