Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Fat Ogre posted:

What is that on the top?
old, old school laser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Action Jesus posted:

Yeah I know and to be honest it's owned by some guy in Finland and those guys have pretty rad guns. I don't hate it but it is tastic
aint my fault that you wouldn't know awesome if it crawled up your rear end and made a nest

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Groda posted:

I will live vicariously through whoever owns this. Is that a Reflex?
i think it is one of your countrymen, and it totally rules. the same guy loads his 190gr 7.62x39 ammo, so I sent him a message a few years ago asking for his recipe

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Gtab posted:

Hahahahahahahaha. The big blue tagline is great.
haha, laugh all you want, but these are pretty clearly "your people"

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Fang posted:

Am I the only one who becomes incensed at the phrase, "offensive weapon?"
I'm afraid so! The US military differentiates between offensive and defensive weapons, after all.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

oh man you just went loud and killed Gtab!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Zakalwe posted:

For gently caress's sake it's spelled Guinness you idiots and it's not a bad drink. It's no Chimay but it's no Coors light either.
dude if you think Coors Light in the bottom of the barrel of American beers you've never truly plumed the depths

also the best English beer I've ever had is Thomas Hardy. It took like a half hour to fully appreciate the 10oz bottle, but it a complete experience.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Zakalwe posted:

And I never intend to.
Ireland is the stupidest country ever

how about that

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Fang posted:

This is utterly true. Dublin is an awful city and I don't understand how anyone manages to live there without taking his own life in despair.
poo poo, why go through the trouble of actually going to Ireland? A few pages Dubliners is enough to make anybody want to take their own life!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Nine Lives posted:

Yeah I do enjoy the Irish Carbomb
actually, over in Ireland/England, they call these "World Trade Centers"

see, all the carbonation represents the towers falling in a cloud of smoke

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Zakalwe posted:

No we don't.
Yes you do.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Zakalwe posted:

Sorry dude, someone was playing a fun game of "Take this piss out of the yank" with you.
Yes you do because you hate america

don't try to hide it

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

nothing says "I don't know anything about proper form and technique" like a pair of hogue finger groove grips on a semi-auto pistol

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Craptacular posted:

So explain to me why they're not acceptable on a semi-auto but they're OK on a revolver. I'm assuming you think so because you made the distinction.
they don't totally impede proper form on a revolver like they do on a semi-auto

Chupacabra posted:

They work very well for a lot of people
yeah, a lot of complete ignoramuses

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Craptacular posted:

I see you've made an assertion, but you've made absolutely no attempt to back it up with any facts. Par for the course I guess.
because they are so different as to be self-evident. do you hold a revolver the same way you hold a semi-automatic?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Pitch posted:

How so? It has no detachable magazine and thus can't be an assault weapon.
you'd think somebody living so close to California would be more familiar with the laws of that state!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

You don't truly know pleasure until you've hosed a snow plow

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Scarecrow411 posted:

I don't understand why, neither of us is out of work or complaining about socialized medicine
ouch this was kind of cold, man

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Gooch181 posted:

I made them take all the redi-mags off. All they do is ruin the finish.
Who cares about the finish?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Gooch181 posted:

A weapon is considered deadlined by the army if 1/3 or more of the finish is gone. It's stupid, but rules are rules.
Okay how does the Redi-Mag remove 1/3 or more of the finish?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Fat Ogre posted:

Rails on AKs just look so stupid. I tried the UTG rail on my WASR and it worked wonderfully but looked like dog poo poo.
if it works wonderfully, who cares?

spoiler alert: barbie doll, gucci gear nimrods

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Gtab posted:

Uh, an AR15?
isn't it an HK416?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

haha stop using SALR you idiots

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Tmavomodry posted:

NCStar scope
hey you know I think the US Gov't doesn't make silencers in .50AE and I don't think they give them out to airsoft fans

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Plato posted:

Sup TF, I've heard so much about you.
ugh

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

iroc_dis posted:

I'm not really sure I would like to get lynched
but but but... an armed society is a polite society, right?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

B4Ctom1 posted:

I hope you don't mind, but the first fudd that says anything about my obama stickers I will probably get this bit of Funster Vision™ thrown in their face.
don't forget to remind him to Support His President while you're at it

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Inspector_71 posted:

But, but...I thought dissent is patriotic?
it is when you're dissenting against unjustified invasion, torture, warrantless surveillance of American citizens, and the refusal to give those in government custody their day in court. haha just joking - it's never patriotic so support our president unconditionally unless you want to embolden Osama Bin Laden and thus indirectly kill Americans with your treasonous speach, you loving communist.

Gtab posted:

Including the "dont embolden the enemy" bit. That's the best one.
my favorite is all the different forms of embolden: emboldening, emboldended, emboldener, emboldenest, emboldenment

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

El Jorge posted:

Noooooooooooo

Lugars have always sucked

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Inspector_71 posted:

you're an idiot who doesn't know how venn diagrams work

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Inspector_71 posted:

Just because you don't get it doesn't mean I'm an idiot.
the only thing I don't "get" is how you are over the age of 12 and don't know how venn diagrams work

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Inspector_71 posted:

Idiots and People who buy NASCAR poo poo have 100% overlap that's the point ok?
hahahahaha you are an idiot who doesn't know how venn diagrams work.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Dirrty posted:

I recently helped a few coworkers get into guns and one of them turns around and sends me this picture.

with "AK47 - Just the way I want it!!!!"
i'd get a muzzle brake, put a micro in place of that M2, a TLR-1 for the light, a shorter VFG, and a vickers sling in place of that generic 2-point, but aside from that little stuff I think that rifle is pretty boss. all the fundamentals are sound, at least.

Young Freud posted:

The only problem I have with this is that charging handle on the left-hand side. Wouldn't that ruin your dental work?
you need to come clean and just tell me your user name is from gunbuster already

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

B4Ctom1 posted:

Drop the Nato length stock
it's adjustable

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Young Freud posted:

I ran into this while looking into that CX4 stock. News said it was coming out in January from Hi-Point, but nothing yet.

oh my god hi point employees look exactly like i expect them to look

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Young Freud posted:

And it doesn't look like they don't make that for the clip-fed SKS-M, which you'd think that would be a given.
SKS-M is magazine-fed. every SKS is magazine-fed

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Young Freud posted:

Whoops, look like I violated the TFR's sacred rule, calling box magazines "clips". The SKS-M is the removable box magazine version.
admit that your name was taken from Gunbuster and we'll call it even

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Kobax posted:

No it's still stupid looking
barbie dolls put form before function - maybe that would be a more suitable hobby for you?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

BrainGlitch posted:

does this mean hogue black cushy ak grips are okay because i still think they're evil
i always preferred the stock AK pistol grip but whatever. and just because something is "cushy" doesn't mean it is a better grip material and often can be worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

delinquent

Gtab posted:

posting also to say that if your grips are made of any rubbery material on just about any gun chances are you're a moron

i'll give you a free pass on revolvers sometimes but it's on a case by case basis.

all other guns: lame, probably inferior to hard polymer or even wood.
my problem with the hogue grips is that the finger grooves in no way correspond to proper finger placement in a firing grip on a semi-auto handgun, not to mention that the finger grooves are "one size fits all" with is lol