Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

PodexPerfectus posted:

gently caress.
:shame:
*shuts mouth*

That's fuckin' funny.

Cominatcha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

FullMetalJacket posted:

what i learned from this thread, so far:

TFR hates english food, and has no taste in beer. (I like Newcastle brown!)

I think they were posting Newcastle as an example of good english beer. It's clearly quite tasty.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

TenementFunster posted:

they don't totally impede proper form on a revolver like they do on a semi-auto

yeah, a lot of complete ignoramuses

They work on guns too small to grab on to with the grip they came with. Like my SP-101.

For a two handed stanced grip they don't do 'nothin.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

kill me now posted:

Eotechs are great sights

But not as durable as an aimpoint. Last month an instructors' eotech broke on first impact from a simunition round. The mk18's with aimpoints have taken literally thousands of sim hits to the lenses.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

King Hotpants posted:

Anecdotes!

I've seen aimpoints fail. My EOTech still works. Therefore I am right.

Heh, heh, heh... you are only the first victim of many in this holy campaign.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Gtab posted:

Absolutely. There's lots of reasons for either. People pick what they like. Both are great optics.

baiting you guys would be a lot more fun if you weren't so drat logical and level-headed :(

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Fat Ogre posted:

This just looks goofy as poo poo.

Bastard looks like Hans and Franz.

Is he wearing shoulder pads or something? Also nice gloves they look sweaty as hell

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

FullMetalJacket posted:

drat, that must be so front heavy.

Army of two?

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Gtab posted:

The idea is waaaaay older than that game. The US Army trialed it extensively in the 1970s and early 1980s. It was, obviously, deemed way too bulky and heavy.

I would love to see pictures, articles, and maybe a TV show about this.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Kay so I want to make one of these pretty bad. Do those drums work yet because I think 10/22 stick mags are stupid looking. Plus hey, drum mag.

If someone made a straight or at least slightly less curved 10/22 mag I'd buy that.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Are you guys loving retarded? Giving someone who can't properly operate a normal firearm a folding carbine to defend themself?

And when that logic doesn't work you're saying "BUT, it'd be great for shooting someone elses mugger."

Who let the mall ninjas in?

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

ArcMage posted:

except that the flammable, nay, explosive propellant is actually contained entirely in that brass bit at the bottom there. :kiddo:

Wrong. The brass part only holds the primer and the flash hole. On those clear shotshells you can clearly see gunpowder through the side.

You're caught, admit it

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

ddr3gamer posted:

Wow, I never realized that this would create such a shitstorm.
From the other pictures on the posted link, I am led to believe that the rear optic is offset to the left, so you don't look through both.

The rifle above, directly from the factory before tacticlollery:

I prefer this one to the abortion above

EDIT: Found another article on it, with longer range optics and what looks almost like a nerf Longshot Bipod:

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/special-weapons/springfield-socom-ii-762x51mm/

e: It would seem that I forgot Image Leeching == Bad. Fixed.

That one on the bottom is a JAE-100 stock and they are awesome. They're the only bolt on stock I'd buy for the M-14. Since they all cost $500+ and the SAGE stock is funky as hell I'd get my money's worth.

I don't know if I meet ph4lcon's definition of "paid to be bad rear end" but I do CQB and I say using an M14 for room clearing is retarded. Also what AF PJs carry isn't exactly the gold standard for room clearing, in case that's not obvious.

It's got 8 pounds of steel on top of your supporting hand and you can't swing it around for poo poo. The barrel is long as hell and you have to choke up the stock all the way past your ear to keep it out of doorways in the stack. Anyone running point with it would have to have forearms the size of turkeys to hold it up with because it's so god drat heavy. The recoil and flash are huge, and loud. And the ergonomics suck.

In CQB smaller + lighter = more better, so trying use an M14 for room clearing is like trying to learn to dance while wearing a body cast.

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Pristine Shits posted:

yeah, what's to love about a high quality handgun designed for precision, reliability and comfort?

No it's still stupid looking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

I like rubber grips but not finger grooves. Especially on my PGO 870. With a heat shield.