Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.

Tetraptous posted:

Behold!

This is a tactic stock set for, of all possible guns, the M1919. TNW makes it and offers this description:

Yes, a modern mobile squad weapon. Suuuuuure.

That would be so much cooler if it were bullpup-ed, and modified with a shoulder rest, like those M82A2's.

*edit* Ok whoa wait I found this

SO

Locus fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jun 5, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

Doccers posted:

This is not tacticlol. You will NOT dare to impinge the honor of the Stinger.

Please tell me more about this "Stinger" so that I may worship it.

I also did not mean to imply that it was exactly "tacticlol", rather that it came up in the course of looking at M2's and M1919's.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

eine dose socken posted:

Where does Volk get all these horrible women? Is he constantly cruising College Republican meetings for models or what?

Yeah man, I would NEVER date a girl with like... a regular looking brow and eyebrows and eyes and stuff. And her skin is like regular looking and clear. Also her cheek looks all puffy and unnatural when a shotgun stock is pressed against it! What the hell! UGH

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

Heintron posted:

This gun has great tactilol potential
Source: https://www.volquartsen.com/products/553-v-10-x

Oh god. That looks like one of those guns made of LEGO blocks.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

We've already got lethal electrolasers small enough to mount to a vehicle or lug around on foot, so it's only a matter of time before we can make fancy handheld versions that might have some use in combat. You can't get much more scifi than a gun that throws lightning down a channel of plasma burned into the air.

I am really looking forward to it.

*edit* REALLY.

Locus fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Feb 6, 2010

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

Canuck-Errant posted:

This is just because you watched Gargoyles as a kid, isn't it?

I never watched any of that cartoon. It looked dumb to me.

Locus fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Feb 6, 2010

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

LavistaSays posted:

I'd be interested in seeing what sources you have to backup the US having Lethal "Anti Personnel" lasers small enough to mount to a vehicle.

Yeah, sorry, I was talking about electrolasers, where the laser beam is only used to create plasma, not inflict damage itself. Sadly we'll probably have to wait much longer for weapons which use lethal lasers.

HSV Technologies claims to be developing some less than lethal versions:
"Although the smallest laser now available for this application is the size of a carry-on suitcase, a hand-held version should become feasible with only modest advances in laser technology."

Ionatron was the other company linked by Rodrigo Diaz.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

Did you guys shoot the full auto Glock at Guncon? That thing was AWESOME, and just pushed you off-balance while blasting the general vicinity in front of you instead of dragging your aim up into the sky.

*edit* It looks more out of control here, but I was hitting a roughly 10' rough circle within a medium distance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC_M8Po00mI

Locus fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 23, 2010

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

Ozmiander posted:

Oh Mexico, when will you turn to selling semi auto versions of the Xiuhcoatl to fund your army's guns?

Click here for the full 987x760 image.

poo poo. Why don't more countries name their rifles after violent fire gods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

It shouldn't have an AR-15 stock though. Nothing should have an AR-15 stock except an AR-15 or maybe an M16/M4 or what-have-you.